Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Just got 1GB ram for my Powerbook!!!!

Just got 1GB ram for my Powerbook!!!!
pgreenwell
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 5, 2005, 05:10 PM

So I just got a 1Gig stick for my Powerbook, and I can't wait to put it in. I ordered a KingMX 1GB DDR333 stick, and I got it from newegg.com. Just one stupid question.... Before I put it in, it has like two stickers on each side. Two are just label stickers, but one has the SN, RAM info, and a "Warranty viod if label removed." I don't think I am supposed to, but should I take these stickers, some or all of them, off the stick before I put it in. I know its stupid, but just one response is all I need. They are top of these small black "blocks" that say kti. If that helps. But please, one quick response and I can put it in! Thanks alot!

pgreenwell  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 5, 2005, 05:36 PM

PLease somebody answer. I just need a YES or NO to take these stickers off. I want to put this baby in so badly, but don't want to screw anything up! PLEASE

pat++
Mac Elite
Oct 5, 2005, 05:41 PM

No need to remove them. (I wouldn't do it)

pgreenwell  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 5, 2005, 05:50 PM

Ok, so no need to remove them? They aren't blocking anything or something like that? I didn't think so, but just wanted to be sure. Thanks, anybody else?

aehaas
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 5, 2005, 07:54 PM

The label may also be an insulator so that solder or pins cannot touch anything once installed.

aehaas

Al G
Forum Regular
Oct 5, 2005, 08:14 PM

The labels are not meant to be removed. Otherwise, they would say "Remove label before using."
Your Mac could help understand and cure disease

pgreenwell  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 5, 2005, 08:54 PM

Ok, thanks alot for the help! Now I can't find a correct screwdriver to open it... can't get a small enough one! Ughhh

Forum Links
Forum Rules