Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Aperture - buying picture books

Aperture - buying picture books
Sophus
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 9, 2005, 08:09 AM

Have anyone yet ordered, and recieved a book using Aperture?

I have tried to order a book twice, the transfer of the book to printershop/Apple is going ok and finishes within minutes. However, I have never recieved confirmation on my order. Furthermore, when trying to quit Aperture, a dialog box tells me I can not quit untill confirmation has been recieved. Having waited for hours, nothing has changed. Is this a confirmed bug?

If any of you have recieved a book ordered in Aperture, how is it? How does the quality compare with that of iPhoto?

I have previously ordered books in iPhoto, and the picture/print quality is ok, but far from impressive, seems like a mediocre laser printer to me. I was hoping that Aperture would provide higher quality book prints.

Sophus  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 9, 2005, 12:44 PM

Ok, I quit Aperture and ordered a second time. After a long, long time, I finally was informed that the order was confirmed in a dialog box, and then recieved an email providing yet another confirmation.

So, how is the quality of Aperture books?

jhogarty
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 9, 2005, 05:40 PM

I haven't ordered one yet, but plan to. I just got my copy of Apeture last night and have not had a chance to play with it. Loaded it, opened and looked at a few samples.

Let us know what you think once you get your order.

J.
Converted 4/29/05
G5 20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 1 Gig Ram
G5 Dual 2.5Ghz Power Mac, X800 XT, 2.5 Gig Ram, 23" ACD
G4 Mac Mini 1.5GHz, 512MB Ram, 64MB VRam, Int. Modem
MacBook Pro 2.00GHz, X1600-256MB, 2.0 Gig Ram, 100GB 7200RPM HD, USB Modem

Bill Kinkle
Forum Regular
Jul 28, 2006, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by jhogarty
I haven't ordered one yet, but plan to. I just got my copy of Apeture last night and have not had a chance to play with it. Loaded it, opened and looked at a few samples.

Let us know what you think once you get your order.

J.
Just got my first book from Apple using Aperture. I agree that the quality it ok, I was hoping for more. When I first opened the box (I can see why it costs 8 bucks to ship it, it's all in packaging) I was shocked to see the cover photo was nothing more than a sticker that was half peeled off. Definitly not worth 40 bucks IMO. I never ordered iphoto books, but I was really hoping it would be much nicer.
Quad G5 1.5 gig 12 inch PB Lots of other stuff.

http://www.billkinkle.com

Forum Links
Forum Rules