Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Trouble upgrading my iPod Touch

Trouble upgrading my iPod Touch
EmericanPatriot
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 16, 2008, 02:27 AM

Hate to add to the the increasing number of iPouch Touch upgrade threads but I'm going to anyways. Apple already put me in a semi-upset mood by charging me $20 for the upgrade but I understand they have to make money somehow..

The Problem:

I update iTunes and my iPod, purchase the iPod software bundle, then follow the onscreen instructions, when the screen prompts me to "Sync" my iPod because the update has finished I do so and everything but the software syncs to my iPod. I see no mention of the new software on my iTunes screen and no sign of it on my iPod, weird thing is, the software upgrade shows up in my history of purchases on iTunes but once I go online and check my balance, my bank shows no record of the transaction being completed.

I never buy things from iTunes as I find the store to be a rip off so I'm not familiar with charges from iTunes to a Debit card. Has anybody else experienced this or run into any problems?

Thanks in advance...

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Jan 16, 2008, 07:48 AM

I could take Sean Connery in a fight... I could definitely take him.

EmericanPatriot  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 17, 2008, 01:02 AM

After calling applecare, they could do nothing to help me, hung up, restored my iPod and that didn't help. I gave up for a while came back to the computer and pressed "Sync" several times, nothing whatsoever, I asked my buddy if he could figure out what the problem was, he walked over to the computer, pressed "Sync" and my iPod was updated, I don't know, maybe my iPod hates me but I got the update to work but never really solved the problem as to why it wasn't importing the new software to begin with.

tobiasj
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 8, 2008, 04:39 AM

I too have trouble upgrading my Ipod touch.

I have been in contact with the support and got a couple of mails telling me how to fix it,
but nothing works.

The trouble lies in the sync i believe.
According to the support guys, I have downloaded the new software three times.
But the ipod doesn't upgrade.

Well, they got my 15 euros and i still can't check my email.
too bad

bayjatt101
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 12, 2008, 12:54 AM

so far talking about the ipod touch might have everthing you need but still there is not a phone in it. if you dont need a phone then a touch will be good for you. If your on the phone all the time then a iphone will be worth it.

EmericanPatriot  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 12, 2008, 03:50 AM

Forum Links
Forum Rules