Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > powerbook rumors?!?!? SOON!

powerbook rumors?!?!? SOON! (Page 4)
iBorg
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 22, 2002, 06:06 PM

SEAN!!!!

If you're done with school for today - give us some news!

Sleep-deprived, yet still on Ti-upgrade-adrenaline rush..........

iBorg

seanyepez
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 22, 2002, 06:09 PM

I'm still at school.

Qhris
Oct 22, 2002, 06:10 PM

Originally posted by rustyclockwork:
.....now I'm wondering if the update will be on California time... me being in Indiana... I can see me doing a refresh on I.E. every three minutes... :-)...
Don't lose any sleep over this - do what I do, setup a subscription to check the Apple Store every 3 minutes and alert me (via an audible alert pumped through the stereo to make sure I hear it) when there is a change to the page!
There's time enough, but none to spare.

iBorg
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 22, 2002, 06:11 PM

Originally posted by seanyepez:
I'm still at school.
LOL

Forgive use our impatience!!! We still need our "fix" of Powerbook news!

iBorg

seanyepez
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 22, 2002, 06:15 PM

I haven't heard anything yet. I'll keep you posted.

zzzap
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 22, 2002, 06:48 PM

Originally posted by mrmister:
zzzap, with your 7 posts, no history and no sign that you have any information on the matter.

Well, your opinion is duly noted.

Yes, I realize I don't have a lot going for me as I'm fairly new posting to this forum. But rest assured it's not pure conjecture. I reckon we'll keep this thread alive until the Day arrives so that all of us who claim to be in the know can compare notes and see who came the closest
As regards the exact date, noone can know for sure because the launch/release isn't tied to any specific event, so Apple will release the updated models when they feel like it. But you should all hold out until the first week of November. The final specs (PB/iBook) will be a mix of what has been aired in this forum i.e. (among other things) 1 GHz, SuperDrive (I know a lot of people can't envisage a SuperDrive in a PB. It has been a kind of Holy Grail to some, whilst others, on the other hand, would prefer to be without, but it's here, in the top end model, this is a _fact_), no iBook G4, modest iBook speed bump. No enclosure (external) change. And these are great specs, especially as regards the PB which now gets a decent upgrade that will fulfill most people's wishes (minus Bluetooth).
See you all here in November, then. (Or Wednesday ??)

-zzzap

iBorg
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 22, 2002, 07:04 PM

Originally posted by zzzap:

Yes, I realize I don't have a lot going for me as I'm fairly new posting to this forum. But rest assured it's not pure conjecture. I reckon we'll keep this thread alive until the Day arrives so that all of us who claim to be in the know can compare notes and see who came the closest
As regards the exact date, noone can know for sure because the launch/release isn't tied to any specific event, so Apple will release the updated models when they feel like it. But you should all hold out until the first week of November. The final specs (PB/iBook) will be a mix of what has been aired in this forum i.e. (among other things) 1 GHz, SuperDrive (I know a lot of people can't envisage a SuperDrive in a PB. It has been a kind of Holy Grail to some, whilst others, on the other hand, would prefer to be without, but it's here, in the top end model, this is a _fact_), no iBook G4, modest iBook speed bump. No enclosure (external) change. And these are great specs, especially as regards the PB which now gets a decent upgrade that will fulfill most people's wishes (minus Bluetooth).
See you all here in November, then. (Or Wednesday ??)

-zzzap
OK, zzzap: tell us - just your "best guess," or do you have some "inside info?"

I'm still going with Sean at this point, unless you have something solid for us!

iBorg

Dave Hagan
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 22, 2002, 07:10 PM

I have gleaned from all this that the PowerBooks will be updated tomorrow, sans the press event. Meanwhile, at some future time (not tomorrow), at an organized press event by Apple, they will announce new iBooks. Both new PowerBooks and new iBooks would not simultaneously be announced nor released on the same day.

Is this right, Sean?
Dave Hagan | Apple Certified Technical Coordinator | iMac G5 1.9GHz | PowerBook G4 1.5GHz | Power Mac G4 933 MHz

zzzap
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 22, 2002, 07:14 PM

Originally posted by iBorg:

OK, zzzap: tell us - just your "best guess," or do you have some "inside info?"

I'm still going with Sean at this point, unless you have something solid for us!

iBorg
I'm sorry, I cannot be more specific even if I may have more info[haven't we heard that one before?].
I'm not pulling your leg(s) I guess we'll just have to sit it out and see what happens.

-zzzap

Nebrie
Mac Elite
Oct 22, 2002, 07:21 PM

Originally posted by Dave Hagan:
I have gleaned from all this that the PowerBooks will be updated tomorrow, sans the press event. Meanwhile, at some future time (not tomorrow), at an organized press event by Apple, they will announce new iBooks. Both new PowerBooks and new iBooks would not simultaneously be announced nor released on the same day.

Is this right, Sean?
I interpreted it as Powerbooks, iBooks, and a separate press event possibly for some new iDevice ala iPod last year.

technocoy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 22, 2002, 07:33 PM

i hate to be a stick in the mud, but if there are new powerbooks tomorrow, I will eternally apologize for calling sean a CRACK HEAD!! and will personally send him 50 bucks for being my personal mac rumor god....plus ya boy is like 15yrs old how many big industry insiders connections did you have when you were 15? (no insult intended Sean, just making my point) ...first of all any non-crack smoking mac person knows that unless there is a dual g4 in the powerbook or a g5 ppc970 what -ever(which as of yet cannot happen because of heat issues), there is NO WAY IN HELL that there are going to be new iBooks with g4's there would be no distinction between the consumer and pro lines.. (unless sean, of course, remits at this very second and says he was totally joking when he made that totally outrageous prediction)

I have been waiting on new powerbooks since may and would love it if tomorrow is the day, and also agree that the powerbook is in dire need of an update, but if it isn't here by the first week of november, then i hate to say but i think it's mwsf for the powerbook.

hope this isn't a damper on the little fantasy you guys are having....

technocoy
( Last edited by technocoy; Oct 22, 2002 at 07:42 PM. )

riverfreak
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 22, 2002, 07:36 PM

C'mon apple, just realize it already. I want to do my part to keep the economy rolling along, but the beer purchases just don't add up that quickly.

But seriously, do you really think they'd announce these upgrades sans press conference? That doesn't make much sense, but I suppose they could do a press release.

appledude83
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 22, 2002, 07:51 PM

Well I don't know if all this is just rumor or what. Still I don't think it's impossible for both the Powerbook and iBook to have a G4. The G4 has been out along time, it might be time to retire the G3. Just having a G4 doesn't mean the iBook can't be a consumer level product. I'm a consumer and I'd love to have a G4 iBook myself. But I dunno, I guess we'll see soon........

higuy83
Forum Regular
Oct 22, 2002, 08:18 PM

Hi all...

A little over 16 hours until we will know if Sean is right. Until then, I have two quick questions for our ringleader...

1. Technocoy brings up an interesting point: Sean, when I checked it yesterday, your profile said you were born in 1988... how DO you have these connections if you are only 14 years old?

2. Also, WERE you just fueling the rumor sites' fires when you mentioned a G4 iBook, or were you serious?

I'm not trying to be a big skeptic, I'm just curious and anxious like everyone else. I really want you to be right (as I have said before) and believe your predictions have validity. Thanks again, Sean!

-Brian

P.S.: Anymore info?!
15" MacBook Pro 2.33 GHz/320GB/2GB RAM
iPod classic (160 GB)
iPod nano (4 GB)
iPod shuffle (1 GB)

DVD Plaza
Senior User
Oct 22, 2002, 08:25 PM

Wouldn't making tomorrow's iBooks the power of today's PowerBooks be the same as making tomorrow's iMacs the power of today's PowerMacs?

I just don't see that happening - bloody good for the iBook if it did happen but bad news for the PowerBook (unless, like the PowerMac, it were able to keep itself well ahead by having dual processor - which physically isn't possible (size/heat/power)).

seanyepez
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 22, 2002, 08:37 PM

Err, actually, let's keep the predictions to a minimum right now, shall we?

seanyepez
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 22, 2002, 09:14 PM

Your analogy is correct, but a 733-megahertz iBook wouldn't be as great as today's PowerBooks. The iBook won't get DDR, and as thus, the PowerBook will be significantly faster. Today's PowerBooks are better than tomorrow's iBooks for a number of reasons. The PowerBook's screen is simply brilliant, and you can't one-up the form factor with a white piece of polycarbonate.

MilesWho
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 22, 2002, 09:23 PM

So, Sean, in light of the buzz you are creating, I think a number of readers here have posted some pretty fair questions. Mainly, how does someone your age come across such information? How is it that you are the ONLY person who is reporting this update? And, are you really serious about the G4 iBook (some have suggested it was a joke to throw off sites pirating your "insider info.")?

I have no problem when someone is given real info...posts the story...and then, for whatever reason it doesn't go down. But when someone maliciously creates a rumor just for sh!ts and giggles, well...be your own judge.

PS - I sound cynical, but I'll be the first one to send you a dollar if I wake up to an update tomorrow...

DaveGee
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 22, 2002, 09:30 PM

Your analogy is correct, but a 733-megahertz iBook wouldn't be as great as today's PowerBooks. The iBook won't get DDR, and as thus, the PowerBook will be significantly faster. Today's PowerBooks are better than tomorrow's iBooks for a number of reasons. The PowerBook's screen is simply brilliant, and you can't one-up the form factor with a white piece of polycarbonate.
seanyepez,

You have talked about DDR in the PowerBook but I don't think you understand something. DDR doesn't help with 'todays' Motorola CPUs.

Motorola uses MaxBux a bus that is limited to SDR speeds.

IBM will use a new bus that WILL support the SPEED / BANDWIDTH that DDR provides (and then some).

Right now the DDR that is included in the PowerMacs don't aid in the MEMORY->CPU side of things. It does aid in MEMORY->ATA, MEMORY->ETHER and I think MEMORY->AGP but it really doesn't do a heck of a lot to the bottom line speed of the machine.

The only reason I could ever see Apple putting DDR into a laptop is if MOT turned around and gave them a CPU that could make use of it. If they do then it'll make the PowerMac users SCREAM bloody murder.

How on earth could Apple sell desktop systems with 'hacked DDR' (due to the MOT cpu) when the powerbooks can really use DDR (do to a new MOT cpu).

Sorry but something doesn't connect.

Dave

skyman
Mac Elite
Oct 22, 2002, 09:30 PM

Sean,

You better have a good supply of stamps and fresh $1 bills.

seanyepez
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 22, 2002, 09:43 PM

Take into consideration that I'm not trying to justify what I'm saying but instead saying what I do know.

DDR memory runs at 2.5 volts which could potentially save a bit of battery power over 3.3-volt PC-133 memory.

iBorg
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 22, 2002, 09:44 PM

Originally posted by DVD Plaza:
Wouldn't making tomorrow's iBooks the power of today's PowerBooks be the same as making tomorrow's iMacs the power of today's PowerMacs?

I just don't see that happening - bloody good for the iBook if it did happen but bad news for the PowerBook (unless, like the PowerMac, it were able to keep itself well ahead by having dual processor - which physically isn't possible (size/heat/power)).
Actually, that'd be very much like January, when G4 800 MHz iMacs were announced - processor speed almost the equal of the top-of-the-line towers for a couple of months until the new line emerged.

The Ti's, with a larger wide-screen format, thinner form factor, better graphics chip, faster bus speed and a 1 GHz to 733 MHz edge, would still appeal to professionals (and to me!).

When you think about it, after iMacs got G4's, why would any of the Mac line still use the G3???

C'mon, Apple! I'm depending on ya!!!

iBorg

DaveGee
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 22, 2002, 09:58 PM

Take into consideration that I'm not trying to justify what I'm saying but instead saying what I do know.

DDR memory runs at 2.5 volts which could potentially save a bit of battery power over 3.3-volt PC-133 memory.
Very good point and this could be a fine reason to move the PowerBooks over to DDR that with the fact that MOT (oh did I mention I hate hate hate hate HATE them?) is just about the only desktop CPU maker left that DOESN'T 'do DDR' SDR is gonna get harder and harder to come by and as such cost more and more money to Apple.

Ugh... I feel a really HUGE MOT RANT so I'll stop now otherwise I'll wramble on and on for hours... Let me just say that when I can say MOT IS DEAD - LONG LIVE THE POWERPC can't happen too soon.

THREE+ LONG YEARS WITH THE G4 NOT ONLY DIDN'T WE GET MHZ WE DIDN'T EVEN GET FASTER MEMORY SUPPORT!

Must stop the rant... must hit the submit button...

seanyepez
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 22, 2002, 10:08 PM

For a recapitulation, let me restate some of the things I've said about the new PowerBooks.

The new PowerBooks exist. That's for sure. A friend of mine has one. It's almost identical, except for something you have to look closely for (according to him). It uses the new Adobe Myriad typeface.

The PowerBook will feature the ATi Mobility RADEON 9000 with 32 megabytes of graphics memory.

Inside the PowerBook is this gigantic heat pipe that effectively dissipates heat from the machine. It'll be quieter than the older machines.

I'm not sure about details such as the SuperDrive, but I'm fairly confident in a Wednesday release. If not, it'll be coming out very, very soon.

Again, I'd like to reiterate that I'm not normally a rumor monger. In hindsight, I wish I didn't get involved in this. I'm not even sure whether it's going to happen tomorrow or not. It looks like it, but no one can be sure now. Usually, the rumor mill gets really quiet before the actual release because everything to be said has been said already.

higuy83
Forum Regular
Oct 22, 2002, 10:09 PM

Sean,

I am not trying to be a pain in the ass, but will you please answer the age question many have now asked, and give information regarding the G4 iBooks? Like I have reiterated numerous times, I beleive you... I just want a reason for your knowledge. You can't be wrong because I will go crazy if they don't come out tomorrow! Thanks for your answers...

-Brian

P.S.: Are you sources still on target for a release tomorrow?

P.S.S.: Today I went into the USC Computer store and the associate said they had like 30 PBs left in stock, with the 800 being priced at $2,400. I know this has been mentioned before, but I just thought it might add some validity to Sean's case (because of the LOW price.)
iPod classic (160 GB)
iPod nano (4 GB)
iPod shuffle (1 GB)

higuy83
Forum Regular
Oct 22, 2002, 10:12 PM

Sean,

You and I were posting at the same time. No hard feelings if you don't want to answer my questions above... I am just really excited and may have gotten carried away with question-asking. Hope you have a good night, and I REALLY hope you are right tomorrow. Thanks...

-Brian
iPod classic (160 GB)
iPod nano (4 GB)
iPod shuffle (1 GB)

seanyepez
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 22, 2002, 10:14 PM

My age is my age. My profile is indeed correct.

Honestly, I don't know much about the iBook G4. I'm not too confident about it.

KidRed
Professional Poster
Oct 22, 2002, 10:33 PM

The age question is irrelevant. I knew about the moto G4 with new mobo, faster FSB due in jan and that IBM was doing Apple's next chip next fall 3 months ago. Check my posts. No one believed me (although I'm right )and no one asked my age. I came about the info from someone slighly in the know who emailed some info they felt safe in relaying. Age is not a factor.
All Your Signature Are Belong To Us!

seanyepez
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 22, 2002, 10:34 PM

Not good. A source just backed out on me for confirmation on the dates.

At this point, I think all bets are off. The details on the machine are good, but the date is anyone's guess now. I'm not going to mislead you with information as weak as two people agreeing on a certain date. It might have been a coincidence, but one of my more credible, Apple-entangled sources just said he never said they would come out today, only soon.

I have conversation logs where he actually confirmed my dates, but I guess that was total bullshit.

We'll see about tomorrow. It might happen, but then again, it might not. One is on the way, and at least I know one exists.

It'll be in the near future. I'm sure of that.

seanyepez
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 22, 2002, 10:38 PM

Actually, I'm not going to say it's not going to happen tomorrow. For all we know, it might, but I'm just less certain about the date now.

Qhris
Oct 22, 2002, 10:47 PM

Actually, I'm not going to say it's not going to happen tomorrow. For all we know, it might, but I'm just less certain about the date now.
No worries Sean.
The speculation and the anticipation are all part of the fun.

xtro
Oct 22, 2002, 11:12 PM

*yawn*

Hope it was fun, seany.

kcmac
Mac Elite
Oct 22, 2002, 11:19 PM

When the iBook does go G4, wouldn't this be one of those special press events like Steve called for the iPod? A week or so in advance?

It would seem going G4 across the board would be a fairly significant event.

xtro
Oct 22, 2002, 11:34 PM

One is on the way, and at least I know one exists.

It'll be in the near future. I'm sure of that.
Thank you so much.

higuy83
Forum Regular
Oct 22, 2002, 11:38 PM

Interesting developments...

Still, if two sources are confirming a date, that seems somewhat substantial to me. Granted, not as substantial as THREE sources confirming, but it is still good.

Let's not lose all hope just because one person backed out! I have my Apple ID account "one-clicked" and ready to go for the morning.... Apple, please let them come out tomorrow!

-Brian
iPod classic (160 GB)
iPod nano (4 GB)
iPod shuffle (1 GB)

escher
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 23, 2002, 12:10 AM

Just read through this thread after following a link over here from AppleInsider. Sean, you've transformed the MacNN fora into a hotbed of rumormonging. No wonder MacNN has disavowed AI. My fingers are crossed, even though I have no budget for a new PowerBook or iBook anytime soon.

Sweet dreams everyone! I'm off to bed.

Hope springs eternal.

Escher
"The only laptop computer that's useful is the one you have with you."
Until we get a 3 lbs sub-PowerBook, the 12-inch PowerBook will do.

Eccent
Forum Regular
Oct 23, 2002, 12:15 AM

Quick question.

How long has http://www.apple.com/ibook/ said "1.3 inch"?

seanyepez
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 23, 2002, 12:18 AM

I think it's said that ever since the iceBook was announced.

I'm not saying it won't happen tomorrow because one person backed out of it, I'm just saying that I no longer bet on tomorrow as the date for the release.

Hindsight has proven correct.

And, I ask you, "xtro," not to be bitter; those statements are backed by the basis that people have preproduction TiBooks in their possession already.

rustyclockwork
Forum Regular
Oct 23, 2002, 12:52 AM

a very polite tone... but a bone needs to be picked...

a person's age has NOTHING to do with the information they aquire.

I'm 27 now... but I was helping my seventh grade computer science teacher with the school's networks, back in 87

I've written numerous historical articles to my local paper... one was about patriotism (two years ago, before it was fashionable, but let's not get into that).

at age 23, and since then, I've owned my own small machine shop. more than 30k invested on my own...

I'm now completing a computer science degree... but my machine shop has turned into a model engineering shop, and I have my own business making old-fashioned metal toys... so i don't know if that piece of paper was worth it... I learned a lot though!

good will to everyone... I hope Sean is right, and if not... I won't flame him, he is trusting his source.

Jason

mrmister
Mac Elite
Oct 23, 2002, 12:56 AM

heh heh heh heh.

Qhris
Oct 23, 2002, 01:44 AM

By the way, what at what time has Apple historically taken the Apple Store offline to update the offerings? Just curious.

higuy83
Forum Regular
Oct 23, 2002, 01:45 AM

Well, good night everyone.

Sean, I hope I get a present from Apple tomorrow morning! If not, no biggy... it's coming. Thanks for all of your information.

-Brian
iPod classic (160 GB)
iPod nano (4 GB)
iPod shuffle (1 GB)

rustyclockwork
Forum Regular
Oct 23, 2002, 02:17 AM

yes, goodnight everyone...

I guess I should add to my previous post...

what I was getting at was that I've met so many people while starting up my toy shop... people who are "in the know" with a lot of business....

and I was considerably young for my age to own a business.... age has nothing to do with anything except sex, and even when I'm fifty, I still wouldn't have been able to figure out women.

anyway, those people "in the know" have only added to my success in this undertaking.

"the greatest risk, is not taking one"

i love that quote,

may Christmas come early tomorrow.

Nebrie
Mac Elite
Oct 23, 2002, 02:27 AM

Originally posted by kcmac:
When the iBook does go G4, wouldn't this be one of those special press events like Steve called for the iPod? A week or so in advance?

It would seem going G4 across the board would be a fairly significant event.
Heck no. The first question they'd get from everyone is why the hell Apple dragged them all the way there just for that. There would have to be something revolutionary. Going G4 across the line at most, merits an extra press release or at least mentioning it in the same press release.

iBorg
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 23, 2002, 03:05 AM

Originally posted by rustyclockwork:
a very polite tone... but a bone needs to be picked...

a person's age has NOTHING to do with the information they aquire.
Bravo!

Last week, I raised the question with Sean about his age, but I should have done so by private message. I asked the question, though, not to ridicule him, but to express surprise in his obviously advanced computer knowledge, and also in his mature writing. At "14," this is one sharp one man! And I for one am grateful for his sharing some "inside information," as I have impatiently held out for a better Ti Book than Apple currently sells. Whether it debuts tomorrow, or in a few days or a week, I'm glad to avoid buying a Ti now that I'd regret in another week or two.

Sean, I hope you're right - but if you're not, you won't see any flames from me! Thanks, again, for sharing what you know!

iBorg

msykes
Senior User
Oct 23, 2002, 03:28 AM

Boy, step away from the forums for a couple days, and look what happens! Good fun, no matter what the outcome tomorrow. I sure hope Sean is right, and unless an evil trickster has commandeered his MacNN account, you certainly aren't the type to sow false information willy-nilly!

I guess the 800DVI couldn't be kind of the hill forever. This Heat Pipe sounds interesting, mine sure does get hot! And to whoever scoffed at the variable timing motherboard to increase battery life, there are those of us who like to have our 'Books on our laps, totally untethered! I have a feeling that if it's true we won't see that technology for awhile though.

My personal predictions: 1GHz G4, 32 Meg ATI 9000, DDR Hack. G4 iBooks seem to make sense too, they can't stay G3 forever.

I Have Questions
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 23, 2002, 04:18 AM

Well, I still don't have my hopes too high. BTW, no one really commented on why there hasn't been any word of any press called to Cupertino... just a press release?

1 ghz G4, DDR "hack", upped HDD and RAM... sounds nice. Heatpipe? Sounds great. All I really want is the option for a 64 MB video card and some improvement in the Airport range.

Airport is most likely constrained by the design and can't be addressed until a new form factor is introduced. As far as video RAM, other manufactuers offer 64MB Gforce Go and ATI 9000 cards in laptops... is the small form factor a limiting factor in this as well?

Nebrie
Mac Elite
Oct 23, 2002, 05:12 AM

Originally posted by I Have Questions:
Well, I still don't have my hopes too high. BTW, no one really commented on why there hasn't been any word of any press called to Cupertino... just a press release?

1 ghz G4, DDR "hack", upped HDD and RAM... sounds nice. Heatpipe? Sounds great. All I really want is the option for a 64 MB video card and some improvement in the Airport range.

Airport is most likely constrained by the design and can't be addressed until a new form factor is introduced. As far as video RAM, other manufactuers offer 64MB Gforce Go and ATI 9000 cards in laptops... is the small form factor a limiting factor in this as well?
Yes, because for a million times, bumping the speed to 1ghz while the competiton is at 2-3ghz is dull. It's a stupid upgrade. If Apple put out a press event for that, it would be laughted off the earth. No one outside this group of nuts cares to be dragged to cupertino in the morning to hear about a speed bump. They've only had two press events and they were to launch revolutionary products. Everything else has been announced with a press release. The keynote/ipod press event mentality needs to go.

sbolle
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 23, 2002, 05:59 AM

Jus called my Apple dealer here in Belgium. All Powerbooks AND iBooks are out of stock. 3-4 weeks waiting time. They said the only explanation for this is new models are on the way.
So the question is not IF, but WHEN!!!

mrmister
Mac Elite
Oct 23, 2002, 08:34 AM

nebrie, you are absolutely right on.

I want the rumored 50% improvement in battery life--THAT would rock. And i am perfectly willing to wait for that, til January or even longer.

Of course, in the interests of disclosure, I always get the highest end PB...so I have an 800 right now. But I'll trade up when a new one comes.

Forum Links
Forum Rules