Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > MBP DVD drive playback sucks ?

MBP DVD drive playback sucks ?
loren s
Senior User
Dec 27, 2006, 04:08 PM

Just simply has anyone else noticed that the first gen MBP dvd playback sucks? 
My cops out during action scenes or fast movement. And if there is nary a scrtch on the disc it wont play at all. Hell I rented Clerks 2 the day it came out and the first disc would not play at all. 

Does anyone have the same problem? Any solutions?

Javizun
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 27, 2006, 04:58 PM

i had a revA MBP and i did not have this problem. Playback was awesome it was my main dvd player connected to my tv love the front row interface.

There might be something wrong with your dvd drive your computer should still be under the 1year warranty. If i were you i would send it to apple to get it fixed.
A.I.R (ART IS RESISTANCE)

loren s  (op)
Senior User
Dec 27, 2006, 05:59 PM

Ooo! good call, they can fix the "mooing" as well, and the extreme heat and the random never wake from sleep and .....

Forum Links
Forum Rules