Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Photobooth: Jerky on iMac CD, not on MacBook...

Photobooth: Jerky on iMac CD, not on MacBook...
harrisjamieh
Mac Elite
May 26, 2006, 05:25 AM

When I open photobooth on my iMac, and go into the effects, the real time movement of all the effects at once is jerky. In contrast, on my MacBook, with only a 1/2 GB of RAM is not jerky, and is very smooth when doing the same thing.

I seem to remember my iMac used to be fine when I first got it, but since it has become rather jerky in photobooth - any ideas?

Cheers

Edit: Its fine on my iMac when using the 2nd page of effects, but not the 1st
iMac Core Duo 1.83 Ghz | 1.25GB RAM | 160HD, MacBook Core Duo 1.83 Ghz | 13.3" | 60HD | 1.0GB RAM

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
May 26, 2006, 05:58 AM

Restart? It cured a random Spotlight problem I was having.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

harrisjamieh  (op)
Mac Elite
May 26, 2006, 06:36 AM

Nope, i'm often restarting because I use boot camp, so thats not the problem
iMac Core Duo 1.83 Ghz | 1.25GB RAM | 160HD, MacBook Core Duo 1.83 Ghz | 13.3" | 60HD | 1.0GB RAM

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
May 26, 2006, 06:54 AM

Have you deleted the plist? If so, I guess the next thing I would try would be to reinstall Photobooth using Pacifist.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

icruise
Moderator Emeritus
May 26, 2006, 08:11 AM

I experienced something similar with the iSight using iChat. The culprit was a runaway process using too much CPU time (Skype didn't quit properly). I would think restarting would fix that, but it's worth looking at the Activity Monitor.

harrisjamieh  (op)
Mac Elite
May 26, 2006, 11:09 AM

Yep I just deleted the plist and no help - and its not a CPU problem - using activity monitor im barely using any CPU while running photobooth

Josh Reid
Dedicated MacNNer
May 26, 2006, 04:41 PM

SO weird Harris---I'm having the same problem. I have a 20" CD iMac, and for the first three months, Photobooth was totally smooth. About two weeks ago it became very slow & jerky when displaying all effects at once, and I have no idea why. Could it be a large # of photos in the bottom tray that causes the slowdown? I don't know what else could be different now from then...

Forum Links
Forum Rules