Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Where can I download ipod nano software 1.1.3 ?

Where can I download ipod nano software 1.1.3 ?
loren s
Senior User
Jun 2, 2007, 11:17 AM

I was updating my ipod nano 2nd gen yesterday via apples automated update in itunes and Poof iTunes crashed, gone nothing, and along went the ipod now as well. 

So I tried restore a bunch of times through iTunes and no matter what when I let it start downloading the software in iTunes iTunes crashes, espicially when I try and click on store while it is plugged in. 

The iPod has been reformated just fine in Disc Utility and shows up oin Finder, but I can't seem to find a direct link to 1.1.3 software in Apple anywhere, hell not even 1.1.2 all I see is stuff from 2006 which does not work.. 

I need to restore this not from iTunes if I can, Please help

analogika
Posting Junkie
Jun 3, 2007, 04:58 AM

Take the iPod in to an Apple dealer or a friend's place and see if it will work normally there - including restoring it via iTunes. If it won't: all iPod nano 2G are still under warranty.

If it works fine there and you are seeing other problems (other applications crashing, etc.), you very likely have a defect on your computer that is preventing you from updating your iPod.

First guess would be defective RAM.

There are no stand-alone updaters for any firmware that came out after the release of iTunes 7.

MacosNerd
Professional Poster
Jun 3, 2007, 09:41 AM

I think this is it. apple.com

analogika
Posting Junkie
Jun 3, 2007, 02:17 PM

That is from 2005 (long before the iPod nano 2G came out), and it says it's Version 1.1.3 for the iPod SHUFFLE.

loren s  (op)
Senior User
Jun 4, 2007, 07:34 AM

Cant get to an apple store eaisly , and I have tried this on a bunch of different computers with the same exact results. 

Is there anyway to see the log file of iTunes download link ? 

Forum Links
Forum Rules