Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Feedback > Am I stupid?

Am I stupid?
Thread Tools
Ω
Mac Elite
Join Date: Nov 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 18, 2004, 09:11 PM
 
I use the view new posts button on the forum, which gives me the list of threads, new and updated.

Is there a way to go to the new "posts" in a thread, not the beginning of the thread? When you have a thread that is a "jpeg orgy" it can slow down the loading times of the pages (56k connection here).

Or is there a magic button that has eluded me for the last year?

     
Ω  (op)
Mac Elite
Join Date: Nov 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 19, 2004, 11:09 PM
 
I like how you can post anything in here and never get a reply.

If this feature does not exist then could someone could tell me.

Everytime I have posted in here I have always gotten zero replies.

Maybe I should start another suggestion thread to remove the suggestion forum as it is completely pointless.

Also I was thinking that a moderator should start "PB Delivery Complaints" and "iPod Delivery Complaints" sticky threads for the upcoming bitching and moaning when Apple misses their delivery deadlines, as they are so oft in doing. They would also need a disclaimer telling people that all complaints are to go in these threads, and a NO YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL WITH YOUR COMPLAINT - ADD IT TO THE LIST!

Not like any of this matters as I am just , because no one actually reads these things anyway.
     
gorickey
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Retired.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 20, 2004, 09:36 AM
 
Originally posted by _?_:
Everytime I have posted in here I have always gotten zero replies.
gorickey has ruined your streak with a reply...
     
gorgonzola
Admin Emeritus
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: New Yawk
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 20, 2004, 04:41 PM
 
[edited]

Er, my mistake, I misread the question. We do have that; refer to tooki's post below.
( Last edited by gorgonzola; Apr 21, 2004 at 01:43 PM. )
"Do not be too positive about things. You may be in error." (C. F. Lawlor, The Mixicologist)
     
tooki
Admin Emeritus
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 20, 2004, 04:42 PM
 
Originally posted by _?_:
I use the view new posts button on the forum, which gives me the list of threads, new and updated.

Is there a way to go to the new "posts" in a thread, not the beginning of the thread? When you have a thread that is a "jpeg orgy" it can slow down the loading times of the pages (56k connection here).

Or is there a magic button that has eluded me for the last year?
The little icon to the left of the thread name (the one that be the little sheets of paper, or the round red dot) is a link that takes you to the last unread post in the thread.

tooki
     
Ω  (op)
Mac Elite
Join Date: Nov 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 20, 2004, 08:30 PM
 
tooki:

Are you sure?

And thanks for all your replies (even gorickey!), your help just makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.
     
tooki
Admin Emeritus
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 21, 2004, 01:20 PM
 
Of course I'm sure! I look at zillions of threads every day, and I use that feature all the time. (Sometimes, it just doesn't work, and takes you to the top of the page. I don't know why. But usually it does work just fine.)

tooki
     
GoGoReggieXPowars
Mac Elite
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Tronna
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 21, 2004, 02:12 PM
 
If you use the normal view, the last column says "Last Post" with a link, so click on that.
     
dreilly1
Mac Elite
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Rochester, NY, USA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 21, 2004, 03:02 PM
 
Originally posted by tooki:
The little icon to the left of the thread name (the one that be the little sheets of paper, or the round red dot) is a link that takes you to the last unread post in the thread.

tooki
It doesn't work that way for me, I'm at work with Windows and IE.
There's no link on those icons for me.

I'll check this on Safari when I get home...
     
-Q-
Moderator
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 21, 2004, 04:14 PM
 
Works fine in Safari and IE 6 (Win2K) for me. And I'm glad I read this-I never knew that was there!
     
Ω  (op)
Mac Elite
Join Date: Nov 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 21, 2004, 08:21 PM
 
Not to sound like an unbeliever, but they are not clickable links for me. Both the icons on the left, and the last post time.

I can click the thread name, the thread starter, and the forum it belongs too, but for the others my helping hand turns into a pointer.

Using firefox in my windoze machine, and Safari on my PB.

Confused, to say the least.....
     
spiky_dog
Mac Elite
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Plainview, NY
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 21, 2004, 09:43 PM
 
Originally posted by _?_:
Not to sound like an unbeliever, but they are not clickable links for me. Both the icons on the left, and the last post time.

I can click the thread name, the thread starter, and the forum it belongs too, but for the others my helping hand turns into a pointer.

Using firefox in my windoze machine, and Safari on my PB.

Confused, to say the least.....
they're not links for me either, and examination of the source reveals that there indeed is no link.

<td bgcolor="#FFFFFF"><img src="http://www4.macnn.com/macnn/forums/newfolder.gif" border="0" alt=""></td>
     
dreilly1
Mac Elite
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Rochester, NY, USA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 21, 2004, 09:48 PM
 
The icons appear to be links when you view the individual forums (fora??) on their own, but they're not links when you do the "view new posts" search.
     
Ω  (op)
Mac Elite
Join Date: Nov 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 21, 2004, 10:09 PM
 
Originally posted by dreilly1:
The icons appear to be links when you view the individual forums (fora??) on their own, but they're not links when you do the "view new posts" search.
BINGO!
     
Ω  (op)
Mac Elite
Join Date: Nov 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 21, 2004, 10:12 PM
 
Now can we get his fixed???

Pah-leeze
     
Dale Sorel
Mac Elite
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: With my kitties!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 21, 2004, 10:14 PM
 
It sure would be nice to get this fixed
     
gorickey
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Retired.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 21, 2004, 11:59 PM
 
Originally posted by Dale Sorel:
It sure would be nice to get this fixed
[Demonhood]And the icons revamped...[/Demonhood]
     
Ω  (op)
Mac Elite
Join Date: Nov 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 30, 2004, 06:01 AM
 
Originally posted by _?_:
Now can we get this fixed???

Pah-leeze
( Last edited by _?_; Apr 30, 2004 at 06:13 AM. )
     
   
Thread Tools
 
Forum Links
Forum Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Top
Privacy Policy
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:01 PM.
All contents of these forums © 1995-2017 MacNN. All rights reserved.
Branding + Design: www.gesamtbild.com
vBulletin v.3.8.8 © 2000-2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.,