Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > do you wear contact lenses?

do you wear contact lenses? (Page 2)
Tenacious Dyl
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 8, 2007, 12:19 PM

Puff test is teh suck.

I have soft contacts (Daily use ones) for some reason if I don't replace my contacts with new ones frequenty my eyes freak out (uber red, sore, itchy, you name it. No, cleaning / soaking the not daily use didn't help my eyes

I can now put them in without a mirror, very quickly. In fact, I once put them in while I was driving on the freeway. I can see alright without them... still a good time though.
yep.

Kevin
Baninated
Feb 8, 2007, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Dakar² View Post
I always feel like we're getting punk'd when someone does something this weird.

Dakar²
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 8, 2007, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin View Post

justdafacts25
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 11, 2007, 09:54 PM

Thanks for the Support.
I just joined this board and have been reading through a bunch of posts. I wanted to tell you all how much I appreciate all the support you give one another. I think it will be really helpful for me to read what other people are going through. So, thanks!

Voch
Mac Elite
Feb 11, 2007, 10:23 PM

I've been wearing soft contact lenses for about 15 years now (well, not consecutively ) and think they're great. I take them out every night and dispose of them monthly so I don't have to do anything other than daily ReNu rinsing. I even stare at an LCD display all day for my job. I do take them out and use an old pair of glasses if they get dry but that's pretty rare.

My tip to see if they're inside out is to look at then from the side on the top of your finger. If the lens has an irregular bow in it it's inside-out (it'll have a more natural curvature if it's rightside-up). My new PureVision ones have a small number 4 printed on them (must be the size or something) that also confirms to me whether they're correct or not.

My friend got lasik after wearing lenses for a number of years and had problems readjusting to wind actually hitting his eyeball after so long.

Voch

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 11, 2007, 10:51 PM

Kevin
Baninated
Feb 12, 2007, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Dakar² View Post

justdafacts25
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 12, 2007, 11:59 AM

Great lasik video
I found this site called realhealth.tv which has a great video. Even though I am a new member, I think everyone here would really like watching this film b/c it was really nice hearing and watching someone talk about their difficulties and how they cope. I wanted to share this with everyone here, hoping it would help you guys too. Here's the link RealHealth.tv.

Forum Links
Forum Rules