Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > OS10.2.1 + PS7.0.1 Color headache! HELP!

OS10.2.1 + PS7.0.1 Color headache! HELP!
gskinner
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 8, 2002, 03:11 AM

Greetings,

I recently switched from OS9/PS6 to OS10.2.1/PS7.0.1. Since switching, I have been unable to maintain any color consistency when exporting images from PhotoShop for use on the web (I am a web designer). I have turned color management off in PS (as I had in PS6), but if I export a pure white image (fill>white), it shows up pinkish or yellowish on other systems - still appears white on my system though.

I wonder if this is due to ColorSync? Due to my purely digital focus, I have always uninstalled ColorSync previously, as I found it messed up the output, but I have no idea how to do this in OSX.

I also get really weird redraws if I move a photoshop image from one of my screens (Powerbook G4 screen) to another (Viewsonic VG150 flat screen). The image in the window will redraw using an entirely different color palette. It is all very disconcerting, and leaves me unable to work (thank goodness Flash still works properly, or I wouldn't be able to get anything done).

I had problems like this with PS5, until I turned off color correction in PS.

Basically, I don't want ANY color correction. I want what is on screen to be what is on screen.

HELP!! Please!

Forum Links
Forum Rules