Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > save our mac.com email addresses campaign

save our mac.com email addresses campaign
mmurray
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 17, 2002, 10:37 AM

How much can it cost for Apple to forward our .mac.com email addresses to another email address? Don't give us POP, IMAP, SMTP or web client. Just forward the email so we can keep out email addresses.

I tried to put this on the .mac feedback page but it couldn't find the server! Hope thats not a sign of how .mac will work! I will try again later.

Michael

Musti
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 17, 2002, 12:19 PM

2x.

<small>[ 07-17-2002, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: Musti ]</small>

ink
Mac Elite
Jul 17, 2002, 12:24 PM

Just pay the $100 already.

Sheesh.

Musti
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 17, 2002, 12:25 PM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Originally posted by mmurray:
<strong>How much can it cost for Apple to forward our .mac.com email addresses to another email address? Don't give us POP, IMAP, SMTP or web client. Just forward the email so we can keep out email addresses.

I tried to put this on the .mac feedback page but it couldn't find the server! Hope thats not a sign of how .mac will work! I will try again later.

Michael</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">They wouldn't be able to squeeze you by the b...s if they did that now, would they? Bait, bait, bait...then zzzapp grab them so they will have to pay.

OK, now don't start with "Hey idiot, noone told you it would be free for life" thing please. What about a simple redirector, a forwarder? Is it too much to ask? Is it too expensive to implement? Think about it.

At least keep the simple features free for God's sakes...

Musti (a.k.a. The pissed-off dude).

pdjr
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 17, 2002, 12:27 PM

Actually, it's $49 for existing iTools customers. Not that bad for virus software.

Gankdawg
Professional Poster
Jul 17, 2002, 12:31 PM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Originally posted by pdjr:
<strong>Actually, it's $49 for existing iTools customers. Not that bad for virus software.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">What about people who have already paid for virus software? Still not bad?

bluedog
Mac Elite
Jul 17, 2002, 12:37 PM

I thought Apple provided this as a priviledge for Mac users. Its not enough that we pay a premium for the elegant hardware. They just give us a reason to use Macs (for those who've recently switched or bought one) and then charge you for what they offered before for free.

Its crazy they offer it as a service and then swap it out and offer the same and more for a cost. The LEAST they could do is allow for the email redirects for existing customers (or even new ones) and charge for the EXTRA services!

That's the last time I 'trust' Apple's intentions with their service and software. The hardware is solid. I'm not going to keep shelling out for the same usability I've had and paid for in the hardware. The OSX upgrade and continual costing for the upgrades in 10 are crazy too.

I don't mind paying for an upgrade, but when 10.0 came out it was not what they promised in OSX. With 10.1.5 it basically became usable. But don't make people pay for an upgrade once, then twice just to get beyond where it should have/could have been on its release date or promised features.

Forum Links
Forum Rules