Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > iTools problems, cant upload

iTools problems, cant upload
SeSawaya
Mac Elite
Jun 25, 2002, 09:11 AM

not sure where to post this, but has anyone had problems uploading to iTools? I've tried on 2 seprate times to upload a 17meg file to my file sharing page with no luck. Its a completely new site with nothing on it. It flies up to 16.8 megs and then hangs. Dose it everytime. I have a cable modem. Nothing is EVER easy.
thanks
Kent

Jerommeke
Mac Elite
Jun 25, 2002, 09:42 AM

ever tried uploading with goliath?
iMac G5 2.0 Ghz 20", 2 GB RAM, 400 GB, OS X 10.4.5, iPod with color screen 60 GB

SeSawaya  (op)
Mac Elite
Jun 25, 2002, 05:12 PM

never heard of it, is it goliath.com?
Kent

Quinn
Jun 25, 2002, 05:14 PM

Have you tried a smaller file? Also, give Goliath a shot. I was having a problem where I could not upload at all but it worked fine with Goliath

<a href="http://www.webdav.org/goliath/" target="_blank">http://www.webdav.org/goliath/</a>

pdjr
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 25, 2002, 10:42 PM

ditto. idisks sometimes exhibit your symptoms when accessed via WebDAV (aka iDisk) and also via AFP (Go | Connect to Server). try using AFP. it might help. also pick up a copy of <a href="http://www.versiontracker.com/moreinfo.fcgi?id=12057&db=mac" target="_blank">BatChmod</a> if you want to delete the web page in iTools, then use the program to make sure that the folder is empty. good luck. my problems went away once i started to use <a href="http://www.versiontracker.com/moreinfo.fcgi?id=11096&db=mac" target="_blank">Goliath</a> exclusively.

<small>[ 06-25-2002, 10:46 PM: Message edited by: pdjr ]</small>

SeSawaya  (op)
Mac Elite
Jun 26, 2002, 01:01 AM

I tried that site and of course it wont download. Just gives me an error. Vision tracker must be down. ugh!!!!!!!

The itools site I used was BRAND NEW, nothing ever uploaded before. I'll try again later
thanks!!!!!

Kent

SeSawaya  (op)
Mac Elite
Jun 26, 2002, 01:27 AM

ok, got Golith to download. Now for the real problem, how do you use it??? I'm not sure what URL I need to put in for my particular itools account. Can anyone give me a simple run down on this thing. ALL I want to do is up load a movie to itools.....member: Glassmen_drums ....password Glassmen

I'll look at more it in a couple of days if no one can help.
thanks guys!!!!!!

Kent
[email protected]

Quinn
Jun 26, 2002, 03:49 AM

Make sure you have the latest version of Goliath. Download it from the webdav site (url above). I know versiontracker pointed to an older version a while ago even though there was a newer version available.

Anyway, when you open Goliath, dismiss the connect dialogue box. Then goto the File menu and select 'Open iDisk Connection'. Fill in your username and password. Then your iDisk should open. Once you have it open, return to the File Menu and select "Save Connectio As". Pick a location (desktop for example) and give it a name (my idisk or whatever). The next time you want to use your iDisk, simply double click on this new file.

Post back if you are still having problems...

Paul

Forum Links
Forum Rules