Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > cd stuck...

cd stuck...
munkee510
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 18, 2005, 04:19 AM

ok my ibook has a cd stuck inside of it. I tried everything people said, the paperclip stuff, firmware, hold mouse on bootup and nothing works. So i opened the ibook up and tried to find a way to access the cd drive but i couldnt figure it out, i put my computer back together and now when i bootup i get that blinking questionmark/folder. At this point all i want is to find a way to remove the cd so that when I give my laptop back to my school the only thing to fix would be the question mark thing, but if you could help me on both that would be good too. Please help me, thanks. O yeah, i can hear the cd spinning so the drive is not broken, but there is no way for me to remove it.

peterthorn
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 18, 2005, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by munkee510
ok my ibook has a cd stuck inside of it. I tried everything people said, the paperclip stuff, firmware, hold mouse on bootup and nothing works. So i opened the ibook up and tried to find a way to access the cd drive but i couldnt figure it out, i put my computer back together and now when i bootup i get that blinking questionmark/folder. At this point all i want is to find a way to remove the cd so that when I give my laptop back to my school the only thing to fix would be the question mark thing, but if you could help me on both that would be good too. Please help me, thanks. O yeah, i can hear the cd spinning so the drive is not broken, but there is no way for me to remove it.
You could try these methods macfixit link Unfortunately, sometimes these are useless too, but at least worth trying.

Good luck!

smileydub
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 19, 2005, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by munkee510

Try this:

http://www.appletechs.com/archives/00000004.html

Here's what worked for me:
I put double-stick tape to the end of a long thin (flat)

plastic ruler.
Pushed it all the way in and pushed it down until it

stuck to the cd and then jiggled it to it came to the front.

Posted by: Gary at 02/22/2004 07:26 PM EST

Voch
Mac Elite
Aug 19, 2005, 10:45 AM

It may have been a placebo, but with my TiBook the two times I've had a disc stuck in the drive picked the machine up so the disc would "drop out" while holding down the mouse button and rebooting. You can try that with your iBook by tipping it on its side while doing the same.

Voch

Forum Links
Forum Rules