Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > QuickTime 7 timeline fade-out

QuickTime 7 timeline fade-out
Luca Rescigno
Professional Poster
May 18, 2005, 05:03 PM

I've noticed that one of the GUI changes in QuickTime 7 is that the little timeline along the bottom (the one that lets you select parts of the movie) now fades in and out instead of being always present. Mouse over the timeline and it'll fade in, move the mouse away and it fades out. Cool.

Or it would be cool if it didn't take CPU priority over an already-playing QuickTime movie! Every time I mouse over the timeline while a movie is playing, the fade animation makes the movie get slow and choppy for half a second. It's a lot like how the fading text in the iTunes visuals makes them slow down.

Am I being clear? I hope I described it well enough... oh, and this is on a Mac mini, 1.25 GHz, with 1 GB of RAM.

Maybe there's a way to disable this... anyone else have this problem?

"That's Mama Luigi to you, Mario!" *wheeze*

Forum Links
Forum Rules