Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > This is just so cruel it's unbelievable

This is just so cruel it's unbelievable
Luca Rescigno
Professional Poster
Jul 14, 2005, 12:33 PM

I just can't believe this. What came over these parents? Do they not have functioning brains or something? It's so damn sad

http://news.tbo.com/news/MGBV5C523BE.html

TAMPA - Even though the boy would shake and wet himself, his father, Ronnie Paris Jr., would box with the 3-year-old, slapping him in the head until he cried because he didn't want his son to grow up to be ``a sissy,'' the boy's mother testified Monday.

Others corroborated Nysheerah Paris' testimony as the prosecution built its case during the first day of the capital murder trial of Ronnie Paris Jr., 21, accused of abusing 3-year- old Ronnie Paris until the boy slipped into a coma Jan. 22.

He died six days later with swelling on both sides of his brain.

``He was trying to teach him how to fight,'' said Shanita Powell, Nysheerah Paris' sister. ``He was concerned that the child might be gay.''

Even Sheldon Bostic, who was Ronnie Paris Jr.'s Bible- study friend, said he warned the father several times not to play so rough with his son.

``He really did what other fathers do - slap box,'' Bostic said. ``He always said he didn't want his son growing up to be pushed around.''

``Did Ronnie use a term for that?'' asked Jalal Harb, an assistant state attorney.

``He didn't want him to be a sissy,'' Bostic said.

The prosecution's witnesses portrayed Ronnie Paris Jr. as a man who wanted more of his wife's attention, who complained about not having enough sex since the child was around and who openly questioned whether the boy was his.

Witnesses also testified he lost his temper when the child was ill. The boy was sick often while in his parents' care.

In 2002, the Florida Department of Children & Families placed little Ronnie in protective custody after he had been admitted to the hospital several times for vomiting.

He was returned to his parents Dec. 14, five days after his third birthday. He had been with them six weeks when he died.

The defense tried to shift the blame to Nysheerah Paris, who testified she was so scared someone would take her baby away that she never called police or her caseworker to report what she perceived to be abuse by Ronnie Paris Jr.

It wasn't until Feb. 1, four days after little Ronnie was taken off life support, that Nysheerah Paris told police of the alleged abuse. She is charged with felony child neglect and faces a maximum of 15 years in prison.

She testified that she witnessed Ronnie Paris Jr. being rough with the child several times, including once when he ``slammed'' the baby against a wall because the child was vomiting.

But she said she didn't take the baby to the hospital immediately after the incidents.

``I just didn't want my baby to get tooken away from me,'' she said. ``I thought he was going to make it.''

Kenn Littman, an assistant public defender, asked Nysheerah Paris why she never reported the alleged abuse.

``You thought that the cops were gonna put this on you if you didn't say anything?'' Littman asked.

``Yes,'' she said.
Just look at those quotes by the mother

"That's Mama Luigi to you, Mario!" *wheeze*

Zimphire
Baninated
Jul 14, 2005, 12:36 PM

Tyre MacAdmin
Mac Elite
Jul 14, 2005, 12:41 PM

Slapping your child to make him work is more or less equivalent to hitting the TV set to make it work. If you have children it is perhaps wise to undrestand that hitting wil not solve the issue. More and more the quote babies having babies becomes the truth. Abuse is ugly make sure you can handle being a parent before becoming one would be my suggestion to them.

On a brighter note, your signature is the funniest I've seen yet.... yet equally saddening for some reason...

Apple Pro Underwear
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 14, 2005, 12:50 PM

slap boxing with a 3yr old

unbelievable

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 14, 2005, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Tyler McAdams
Slapping your child to make him work is more or less equivalent to hitting the TV set to make it work. If you have children it is perhaps wise to undrestand that hitting wil not solve the issue. More and more the quote babies having babies becomes the truth. Abuse is ugly make sure you can handle being a parent before becoming one would be my suggestion to them.

On a brighter note, your signature is the funniest I've seen yet.... yet equally saddening for some reason...

I used to have a TV that required to be smacked to work. I kid you not. The picture would look all funky, but after about 5 good whacks on the side it would kick back to normal. It was bizarre. It also stopped working completely after a couple of months of that, so maybe your analogy isn't so off.

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 14, 2005, 01:39 PM

I'm firing-up my incinerator...
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

spatterson
Mac Elite
Jul 14, 2005, 07:09 PM

No good, piece of s****

Some f'ing people piss me the f off. What a a**

ManOfSteal
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 14, 2005, 07:16 PM

That is unbelievable.

budster101
Baninated
Location: Illinois might be cold and flat, but at least it's ugly.
Jul 14, 2005, 07:50 PM

What are their exact longitude and latitude?
Where did I put that death ray from space link again?

It makes a person want to invent a remote bitch slapper... for people like this.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Jul 14, 2005, 08:18 PM

Roll over, Sparky... roll over.
Play dead, Sparky... play dead!
Good boy.
Don't be gay, Sparky! Don't be gay!
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

Zimphire
Baninated
Jul 14, 2005, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by olePigeon
Roll over, Sparky... roll over.
Play dead, Sparky... play dead!
Good boy.
Don't be gay, Sparky! Don't be gay!
Are you calling gays sissies?

andi*pandi
Jul 14, 2005, 10:33 PM

to some, the words are the same.

topic: bastards.

Severed Hand of Skywalker
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 14, 2005, 10:43 PM

He can tell if a 3 year old is gay?

Wow.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Zimphire
Baninated
Jul 14, 2005, 10:50 PM

If he was trying to get him NOT to be gay, he would, I don't know, surround him with pics of vaginaz or something.

This was clearly a case of the guy not wanting to kid to be a WIMP. He was trying to make him tough.

Much like people do to dogs when they are pups.

Originally Posted by Severed Hand of Skywalker
He can tell if a 3 year old is gay?

Wow.
Where did it say in the thread anything about him being able to tell his 3 year old is gay?

This situation is bad enough the way it is. No need to exaggerate something that simply isn't there to make it worse.

budster101
Baninated
Jul 14, 2005, 10:52 PM

Those people should be beaten until they are no longer stupid... See if that works. Abject lesson.

It's people like that who give people a bad name < Ok, I'm a bit in the bottle tonight myself.

Zimphire
Baninated
Jul 14, 2005, 10:55 PM

He needs counseling too.

He needs to realize that beating on the kid like that will likely make him not only "tough" but a delinquent.

he would have probably grown up a wife beater as well.

I still think people should be required to go counseling, take tests etc before they are allowed to pro-create.

budster101
Baninated
Jul 14, 2005, 10:56 PM

These people have the IQ of Cattle. Wait, is that an insult to cows?

I apologize.

Zimphire
Baninated
Jul 14, 2005, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi
to some, the words are the same.
Maybe, but I don't think in this case it was being used in this way.

You don't beat on a kid, thinking that will make him straight.

His logic was the same logic some idiots use on dogs.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Jul 14, 2005, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Zimphire
Are you calling gays sissies?
No. The father was trying to smack the "gay" out of his kid. I was referring to a South Park episode when Stan found out his dog is gay. Tried to teach it to not be gay.

It's no longer funny cuz I had to explain it to you.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

Severed Hand of Skywalker
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 15, 2005, 12:36 AM

Where did it say in the thread anything about him being able to tell his 3 year old is gay?

This situation is bad enough the way it is. No need to exaggerate something that simply isn't there to make it worse.

"He was concerned that the child might be gay.''

idiot.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

lngtones
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 15, 2005, 05:55 AM

If he was trying to get him NOT to be gay, he would, I don't know, surround him with pics of vaginaz or something.

This was clearly a case of the guy not wanting to kid to be a WIMP. He was trying to make him tough.

Much like people do to dogs when they are pups.

``He was trying to teach him how to fight,'' said Shanita Powell, Nysheerah Paris' sister. ``He was concerned that the child might be gay.''

Maybe gay people can't read.

Zimphire
Baninated
Jul 15, 2005, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Severed Hand of Skywalker
"He was concerned that the child might be gay.''
I apologize. I must have missed that part.
idiot.
SWF, do you always have to put people down? Does it make you feel better about yourself?

Do you ever make mistakes? And when you do, does that also make you an idiot?

Think about it.

mitchell_pgh
Posting Junkie
Jul 15, 2005, 10:12 AM

Very sad... I knew people growing up that had horrible fathers... most of them ended up being horrible people. It's a cycle.

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 15, 2005, 10:20 AM

Anecdotal evidence seems to support my theory that Flooor-duh has an unusually high percentage of inbred, violent goombahs.

What's to be done?

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 15, 2005, 10:29 AM

Such a heinous act. There is no punishment here on earth that fit the crime. My prayers are with the 3 year old. At least now he is with the Lord.

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

Zimphire
Baninated
Jul 15, 2005, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by wdlove
My prayers are with the 3 year old. At least now he is with the Lord.
Once the person is gone, I don't think praying for someone helps any?

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 15, 2005, 10:40 AM

Once the person is gone, I don't think praying for someone helps any?
Yes, I believe that it does help.

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

andi*pandi
Jul 15, 2005, 11:59 AM

I'd say praying for any other kids these incompetents may have would be a good start.

Ignorance. Praying for less ignorance a) in the fear of a child being gay, b) that beatings would change that, c) that beating a child is ever a good idea. Pray for less ignorance.

Dennis002
Jul 15, 2005, 12:05 PM

Pray for a new pope if you want, but leave the kid alone

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Jul 15, 2005, 12:23 PM

This is Florida, people. Nothing new to see here. Hurricanes and freaks—that's us. The less gay sissy 3-year-olds the better, obviously.

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 15, 2005, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by MindFad
This is Florida, people. Nothing new to see here. Hurricanes and freaks—that's us. The less gay sissy 3-year-olds the better, obviously.
Goddammit Josh, don't just stand there, do something. You're Floor'duh's only hope.

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

Forum Links
Forum Rules