Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Windows XP

Windows XP (Page 3)
billy_2004  (op)
Banned
Dec 31, 2003, 03:33 AM

Originally posted by DavideMac:
Ignorance is "Bliss.jpeg" (official XP wallpaper)
Very creative...almost as creative as XP. But still...not close. I believe the only thing I envy about Apples is the case design, pherhaps the structure of the G5. But that has no relevance to OS X. I am simply admiring the way it was engineered. If only they had software to match that superb design. You know what would really impress me? A G5 case(not the hardware) running XP. Very impressive. Although the Apple logo would have to be changed to the Windows logo. I can see it now...*breathes in deep breathe of freash air...*

kupan787
Senior User
Dec 31, 2003, 03:44 AM

Originally posted by billy_2004:
Very creative...almost as creative as XP. But still...not close. I believe the only thing I envy about Apples is the case design, pherhaps the structure of the G5. But that has no relevance to OS X. I am simply admiring the way it was engineered. If only they had software to match that superb design. You know what would really impress me? A G5 case(not the hardware) running XP. Very impressive. Although the Apple logo would have to be changed to the Windows logo. I can see it now...*breathes in deep breathe of freash air...*
I thought you said you were leaving? Yet you keep comign back with more posts. And with each post we find out you have this "like" for Apple and their products (first the ipod, then apple design in general, and now the G5 case). Interesting...

But please, don't honor me with a post from you. I would rather crawl back under my rock I have been under for the last few years thinking MacOS X was so good.

[EDIT] I just had to throw this in. http://www.ntk.net/ballmer/mirrors.html Gotta love that Steve Ballmer and all of Microsoft!

phantomo
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 31, 2003, 05:11 AM

billy_2004, seriously, if you haven't use Mac OSX, how can you make a fair judgement or comparison. Your points has no justification. I use both OS and each platform has its strength, there is no need to vent like that.

Is like you go to a friends house, on the first step in, you say this house sucks.

I don't understand your intention of joining this forum.
15"MBP/C2D2.4GHz/4GB RAM/320GB HD
15"MBP/C2D2.16GHz/3GB RAM/250GB HD
12"PB/1GHz/768MB/60GB/SuperDrive/AE
iPhone 8GB/iPod video 30GB

CharlesS
Posting Junkie
Dec 31, 2003, 06:31 AM

Apple indeed copied Microsoft. The �dock� (as your species calls it), is the cheapest rip off of the start bar I have ever seen. I laugh to myself every time I hear one of you people say it�s �revolutionary.� Lets just be honest, okay? Stop lyeing to yourselves and the rest of the world. Mac OS X is pathetic, and you know it�s a rip off of XP. First of all, XP was the founder of �good� looking graphics. I admit, Microsoft waited a long time to finally implement high quality graphics into their OS, and when they finally did, Apple had to come along and try and beat us... As a PC user, I am outraged you Mac users have the nerve to say Apple is creative. They copied every aspect of XP, from the start bar(dock), to Windows Media player(iTunes), Windows Movie maker(iMovie), MSN Messenger(iChat)�it makes me sick. Microsoft worked long and hard to create these innovations and Apple thinks their better because they make childish names for their programs.
Well said. It's about time someone pointed out how Apple rips off Microsoft. We should not let it deter us that:

1. The NeXT dock, which became the Mac OS X dock when Apple bought NeXT, was out many years before the Windows Start Bar.

2. The Aqua skin was demoed months before Microsoft even mentioned that they were working on a new skin for XP.

3. SoundJam, which became iTunes, was out before Windows Media Player.

4. iMovie was out well before Windows Movie Maker.

5. ICQ was out way before MSN Messenger or iChat.

While the fact that all these things were available before the Microsoft equivalents were even on the drawing board may make it seem like Microsoft has been copying Apple, rather than the other way around, in the eyes of simple-minded Mac zealots, what these ignorant people don't know is that Apple has built a time machine, which they use to spy on what Microsoft will make in the future, and then make their own copy before Microsoft even knows what they are going to make themselves. Such contamination of the timeline is completely unethical and despicable.

However, you have to admit that Apple is pretty cool for knowing how to build a time machine.

You know, I was in the supermarket a while ago, and I saw an article in the National Enquirer about how they found a prehistoric camera which had been used to take a picture of Jesus. What no one knows is that the camera was a QuickTake, which Apple put in the past with their time machine! Scary, isn't it?

And also, the pyramids were built by Apple with their time machine as well. They were brainstorming for ideas for the Airport Setup Utility icon. Can you believe it?

The really frightening thing is, Steve Jobs is in leagues with the UN, the FBI, and the CIA. They are trying to track me down because I know too much! Therefore, I'd better end this message, so they don't figure out that I'm in this Los Angeles internet cafe. Gotta keep on the run, you know...

AdvocateUK
Dec 31, 2003, 06:40 AM

Originally posted by phantomo:
billy_2004, seriously, if you haven't use Mac OSX, how can you make a fair judgement or comparison. Your points has no justification. I use both OS and each platform has its strength, there is no need to vent like that.

Is like you go to a friends house, on the first step in, you say this house sucks.

I don't understand your intention of joining this forum.
At last a sensible post, dissing neither XP nor OS X. Thank you phantomo.

Billy, I personally have owned Windows machines for the past 7 years and have thoroughly enjoyed using them (yes even Windows XP). Through the PC platforms various 'foibles' I have learnt how to troubleshoot and diagnose many problems caused by hardware conflicts etc (anyone remember the joys of having to put expansion cards in just the right pci slots on the first VIA motherboards?). But I digress.

You are in fact right when you say that a lot of problems 'caused' by Windows are in fact caused by the hardware that it is running on. I'm afraid that's hardly the point though. When a Windows machine crashes people tend not to say 'Oh it's a hardware problem, it's not Windows fault', they say 'Damn Windows!'

You see, owning a computer is about the whole experience not about the OS. If machine X crashes more than machine Y for whatever reason then people (especially n00bs) will prefer machine Y.

I currently own two computers, a Pentium 4 based Windows XP machine (yes, with an Asus P4P800 mobo, 1gig Corsair mem...etc. All good quality components) and a 1.8 G5 (and yes, I got stung by the launch of the dual 1.8 but hey I still love my G5) and the machine I use the most is the G5.

The P4 machine is an excellent gaming rig and is perfect for that purpose, the Mac however, how can I put it? 'Just feels right'. I'm not going to point out that which has already been pointed out by others but am merely going to end this post with a piece of advice.

Don't come to a Mac forum and trash Macs, it will win you no friends but invite a tirade of abuse. If you want to try and persuade people to try Windows (those that haven't) then give a convincing argument. Oh and one more thing, at least try using OS X for a while before saying that XP is better.

eklipse
Professional Poster
Dec 31, 2003, 08:14 AM

So this is how the world's richest man spends his time?

I wonder if there's a 'stevey_2004' trolling a PC board right now....

DavideMac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 31, 2003, 08:33 AM

hmmm....maybe billy_2004 has a point. I mean maybe he's not so far off. So many (so called) "mac-zealots" here have taken billy way too seriously. I for one had lots of fun with billy and believe that it was (at least in part) my humourous remarks that got billy to admit he both has an iPod and a love for the G5. By the way, I knew you were a PowerMac kind of guy billy. Yet it worries me a little that so many feel such a strong need to defend Apple and the software and hardware that we so love to use. This sense of insecurity bothers me. I for one love my Macs (that's right, I have two of them) and I love my OS and I couldn't care less about speed, benchmarks, price and whatever else you want to throw in that mix. And I especially don't care about other people's oppinion's on what I like. At no point in this thread did I feel a need to defend my choice in computers or software. I feel very secure in my choice and hence was able to have some fun with billy. Frankly I think we should all be that secure as this will lead to more humourous and creative threads. Just like Krusty's post with the "Billy's cute...Can I borrow your iPod". It's that creativity and wit that I personally enjoy. Life's too serious during the day to come home to flame throwing threads at night. The trick is bringing a thread under control without having to ask some moderator to lock it, and I believe this is best done through humour, wit and understanding. The understanding that billy's true desire is a Mac, or at least he'd love to try a G5 just to see what it's like.

hey billy, good choice with the G5. I've heard that you should go with dual processors because the 1.6 Ghz isn't much value for the money. And by the way billy, what is that you do with your lovely XP? Me personally, I'm a website developer. Not the best yet but I will be one day soon. And just in case I forgot to mention, you've got good taste in websites. MacNN is a great site and it's the first site I open every time sit down to my computer. I think you'll like it here.

In case I don't see ya billy, Happy New Year!

Cadaver
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 31, 2003, 09:27 AM

Hell... I thought I'd +1 my count before this thread gets locked.

Actually, in all seriousness, threads like this bore me. We're Mac users because we choose to be, not because we're blinded by pretty glowing buttons.

Now, please feel free to lockinate the thread

SMacTech
Mac Elite
Dec 31, 2003, 10:06 AM

I am truly sorry Krazikid, as I am a Christian.
With some of the remarks you have made and name calling, you better go to confession real soon.
I like XP, I love OS X, I use them both everyday. I also use OS 9, Win9X, RedHat Linux, UNIX and Windows 2000.

ryju
Professional Poster
Dec 31, 2003, 11:10 AM

I've used both Windows and Mac OS X. I have 5 PC's in my house obviously if I chose to spend $1600 on a brand new Macintosh something there must be better, since I have yet to go back to Windows.

+1

Turias
Mac Elite
Dec 31, 2003, 11:14 AM

I'm a developer and have had a lot of experience with Windows, Linux, and OS X.

One thing that pisses be off about Windows is that God-forsaken registry. That thing is a mess, along with all of those damn .dll's in WINDOWS\SYSTEM32. It makes it impossible to move applications around. In OS X, I copy the app and my preferences file from computer A to computer B, and voila! It works. I know where everything is and what everything uses...[/RANT]

Salex_Ander
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 31, 2003, 12:43 PM

This has been quite possibly the funniest thing I've ever read. Thanks for the laughs during the holiday season. I can move into 2004 with a smile on my face and not worry about those resolutions I'm not going to keep.

Cadaver
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 31, 2003, 12:51 PM

This thread still isn't locked??

kindbud
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 31, 2003, 01:31 PM

Originally posted by Cadaver:
This thread still isn't locked??
*adds one more Mac-zealot to the tally*
the hillbilly threat is real, y'all.

Back up 15 and punt
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 31, 2003, 01:35 PM

You only envy the case design? Maybe you need to explain why Microsoft has decided to use an IBM chip in their next game box instead of a chip of Intel design? Maybe you can explain to me why several people I know who work for Intel have gone out and purchased Powerbooks?

billy_2004  (op)
Banned
Dec 31, 2003, 02:10 PM

Okay, pherhaps Windows XP isn't as fancy looking, graphically appealing, and nifty as OS X, but that does not make it better. Im sick of hearing about Macs being superior to PC's, because personally, I am quite satisfied with my 2 PC's I own. (HP and Compaq notebook). They do everything I need, so I see no need to switch. There are disadvantages and advantages to every OS. So my preferance? XP.

Nonsuch
Professional Poster
Dec 31, 2003, 02:12 PM

Okay, pherhaps Windows XP isn't as fancy looking, graphically appealing, and nifty as OS X, but that does not make it better. Im sick of hearing about Macs being superior to PC's, because personally, I am quite satisfied with my 2 PC's I own. (HP and Compaq notebook). They do everything I need, so I see no need to switch. There are disadvantages and advantages to every OS. So my preferance? XP.
Come on ... you call that a troll?!

You were doing so well ... don't go all soft and reasonable on us.
Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them.

-- Frederick Douglass, 1857

Salex_Ander
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 31, 2003, 02:16 PM

Originally posted by Nonsuch:
Come on ... you call that a troll?!

You were doing so well ... don't go all soft and reasonable on us.
I think he fell out of the upper bunk and bumped his head...

RooneyX
Mac Elite
Dec 31, 2003, 02:23 PM

Originally posted by MindFad:

Hey, is this KH reincarnated?
KH had multiple Macs and only one PC for gaming. Remember the photo of his setup and TiBook reviews? He/she only had an issue with Quartz at the time (like who REALLY didn't?).

So an XP user is beyond that by far.......in a glaxy far far away.

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Dec 31, 2003, 02:26 PM

Originally posted by RooneyX:
KH had multiple Macs and only one PC for gaming. Remember the photo of his setup and TiBook reviews? He/she only had an issue with Quartz at the time (like who REALLY didn't?).
I remember a big troll, despite his Macs. But yeah, it was fun when he was around.

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Dec 31, 2003, 02:54 PM

Then don't get a mac! no one is forcing you. we all have preferences, if you like your PCs, so what? Why did you come to a Mac forum to complain?
"You rise," he said, "like Aurora."

Xerxes
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 31, 2003, 03:05 PM

Billy, I am traditionally a PC user and system builder so know a what a 'good' PC system is. Incidentally I have just built a company a large number of custom build PC's with ASUS m/b, P4 2.6hgz 800FSB, 1GIG3200DDR, Raptor h/disks, Nvidia (can't remember model) 128mb gfx cards etc..and yes, the hardware is smoking...nice system BUT.....

....Since I bought my 'feeble' G4 800mhz Single CPu 2 years ago now with Panther, I would NEVER use a PC myself for any reason.

You cannot and must not judge the Mac by hearing second hand information, false rumours and pressing a few buttons in a computer shop. Mac's are fine machines, and of course my Mac is slower in some ways to the PC's I build but it not suprising as the hardware of the PC is much faster compared to mine. However G5's are smokin PC's in every way, so your megahertz claims are totally baseless.

Using a Mac is about the whole user experience from hardware to software to even the packaging of the machine. Words cannot explain what the mac expereince is, you will only know from experience. It is lots of little things that make this machine a pleasure to use. PC's are also good, but lifeless, soulless and dull machines that have no consistency or personality. And believe me when you use a machine for many hours a day, these massive quirks make all the difference.

Do yourself a favour, buy a Mac and you will never look at PC's again. I guarantee it!

X

webcookie
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 31, 2003, 03:25 PM

(...) If not, its your $ down the drain.
We (my family and I) have been throwing away money on Windows computers since 1992. The money that I put down for my iBook G4 was the best money I've ever spent. So, really, I don't consider that money "down the drain".
iBook G4: 800mhz, 640mb, 40gb ("Astrid")
iPod: 30gb Photo ("Gordon"), 1gb Shuffle ("Tinker Bell")
For the record: I am female

billy_2004  (op)
Banned
Dec 31, 2003, 04:01 PM

Do not try and convert us with your pathetic crap. I have heard enough of it. Your all a load of floppy eating dumbasses with nothing better to do than drinnk LCD liquid crystals down your nostrils. You know why? Because your all geeks, and thats all this is about. Your a load of brainless geeks that are hooked on a fad. Your like hippies, who smoke weed. But your all worse, your obsessed with machines. Give me a break. A machine is to be used for business, not to be "cool" looking. You know why they have to be cool looking? To make up for the lack of software. Well, people think, if it looks good, it must be good. But its a wolf in sheeps clothing. And PC's are the maiden in the iron skirt.

Turias
Mac Elite
Dec 31, 2003, 04:03 PM

Ahhh, that's better. There's the troll we've grown to know and love. No more of that sissy crap, Billy.

DavideMac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 31, 2003, 04:19 PM

You go billy.....don't let us push you around. You stick with your maiden in an iron skirt while I make love to my fragile flower. I guess that's it then billy, yours is business while ours is pleasure.

SMacTech
Mac Elite
Dec 31, 2003, 04:42 PM

Do not try and convert us with your pathetic crap. I have heard enough of it. Your all a load of floppy eating dumbasses with nothing better to do than drinnk LCD liquid crystals down your nostrils. You know why? Because your all geeks, and thats all this is about. Your a load of brainless geeks that are hooked on a fad. Your like hippies, who smoke weed. But your all worse, your obsessed with machines. Give me a break. A machine is to be used for business, not to be "cool" looking. You know why they have to be cool looking? To make up for the lack of software. Well, people think, if it looks good, it must be good. But its a wolf in sheeps clothing. And PC's are the maiden in the iron skirt.
At least we know the difference between the words you're and your.
It is funny how you like a G5 case because it's cool looking.
You are the �ber geek who builds his own computer.

Xerxes
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 31, 2003, 05:00 PM

Come on Billy, let me be your Saviour and convert you to Mac-ism. Come to me my son , it is never too late to repent....admit your shallow choice of price over quality....admit it.....go on.....you have already taken the first few steps.....come.......come....repent....

Boondoggle
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 31, 2003, 06:29 PM

Wait... didn't MS steal the color scheme for XP from Fisher-Price? Or was it just the underlying technology?
1.25GHz PowerBook

i vostri seni sono spettacolari

si_lance
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 31, 2003, 06:37 PM

Billy,
I hope you're keeping this in the home PC arena because you are definitely showing your age. You must be a kid, if you think that Windows XP runs anything on the enterprise (large company) scale. Worms like Nimbda, Code Red, and many many others has shown how prone Windows is to security flaws. Unix is what powers your (this is the correct usage of your) daddy's bank account. Furthermore, OS X and the G5's, created the world's third fastest supercomputer (and with the fewest nodes), and trust me #1 and #2 don't run windows.

I respect your opinion since you probably only play games on your PC, and that's the only thing that XP is good for. If it weren't for the early penetration of the Office products, there would probably be no Windows corporate desktops.

If you're wondering, I'm a software engineer working for the largest software company not currently under criminal investigation. Our apps are moving towards Linux because it has proven it is way more stable than anything Windows. Ask anyone who works in IT, a NOC, or a colocation facility what machines have the longest uptime.

Hey all, hows that for Troll food?

kupan787
Senior User
Dec 31, 2003, 07:04 PM

Originally posted by SMacTech:
At least we know the difference between the words you're and your.
It is funny how you like a G5 case because it's cool looking.
You are the �ber geek who builds his own computer.
Either this guy has multiple personalities, or is multiple people posting under one name. First he talks about how to build a solid system, and what you need, and how prebuilt systems are garbage. Then he mentions he owns an HP...

He then says he likes the iPod and the G5 design, and then he trashes Apple design and says it is only for geeks.

This guy flip-flops as much as a good politician...

ambush
Banned
Dec 31, 2003, 07:24 PM

COME BACK KELLY HOOGAN

MacGorilla
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 31, 2003, 07:28 PM

Actually, in all seriousness, threads like this bore me. We're Mac users because we choose to be, not because we're blinded by pretty glowing buttons.
We're not???

In Before Lock�
Power Macintosh Dual G4
SGI Indigo2 6.5.21f

yazoo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 31, 2003, 07:57 PM

care to show us what your XP desktop looks like

.: My Current Desktop PIC1 PIC2 My Icons :.

iNub
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 31, 2003, 08:25 PM

Misanthrope
Mac Elite
Dec 31, 2003, 08:46 PM

i refuse to post any further on this subject
sonicstage
I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!!! GAHHH!!!! IM SORRY I EVER CAME TO THESE FORUMS! GOD!
Your a fool Krusty. You have been living in a dream world. You see, many years ago, Apple created something called Mac OS X. This was designed to control your mind. It is a program...for control...to keep you all under control. Apple is using your brain cells to power their factories to create MORE machines. I can set you free though, it's your choice...come with me into the real world. Where XP is waiting.
Who is Jonathan Ive? UR MOM??? AHAHHAA!
You want me to be honest? Okay, I will be honest...Im sorry I posted anything on these forums.
I think it's safe to say that we have a child who has parents that have given this person a lot of PC toys. Said child has access to the internet, and is looking for something to do with his excessive amounts of free time. I'll also venture that he's seen the matrix way too many times (judging by the use of phrasing in his sixth post.)

What makes this troll utterly stunning is that he said he wasn't going to make mention of the subject any further, and then he goes on a tirade shortly after.

If this isn't a child (max age 14), this is an adult whom is quite clearly sick.

"Do I need to draw a diagram for you then to tell you that nerdy 16-17 year olds, fat chicks and old men turn my crank then? Will you understand it then or don't you follow still chris." - Landos Mustache

billy_2004  (op)
Banned
Dec 31, 2003, 09:08 PM

What you all need is Jesus in your life, my God. You all sit here and crucify me when I have done nothing to you but offer redemption. (In all seriousness....)...face the facts you guys. Apple is gay. Want reasons? I will give you reasons.
REASON #1: I have cut my wrists in front of people to prove my loyalness to Microsoft products. Why? They claimed Apple is better.
REASON #2: I have a strong Christian faith, and further believe that Apple is the devil(hidden beneath shiny buttons and transparant Windows.) I will not degrade myself down the road of sin like you all have.
REASON #3: What is Apple trying to prove by designing desktop computers that look like jube-jubes? Why does Apple design their laptops out of Titanium and Aluminum? If I want my HP shiny I can wrap it in tin foil.(Yet you waste thousands for this kind of "feature.")....*sigh*....scares me how ****ed up people are nowadays.
REASON #4: Dont bullshit yourselves any longer. XP is the one true OS, and OS X WILL die. It IS a fad that will fade away shortly after Longhorns release. You will all come crawling to me on my Windows forum...bleeding, crying, beggiing for forgiveness. You know what? I will kick dirt in your face and take a **** on you. Because you had your chance.

Misanthrope
Mac Elite
Dec 31, 2003, 09:10 PM

Option 2:
This is clearly a gimmick.

I imagine it's another user just looking to have some fun, or a lurker who has decided to join the party in a non-standard fashion.

"Do I need to draw a diagram for you then to tell you that nerdy 16-17 year olds, fat chicks and old men turn my crank then? Will you understand it then or don't you follow still chris." - Landos Mustache

si_lance
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 31, 2003, 09:24 PM

definitely a bored soul...

sign is up:
DON'T FEED THE TROLLS

Earth Mk. II
Mac Elite
Dec 31, 2003, 09:29 PM

If I want my HP shiny I can wrap it in tin foil.
Actually... that sounds kinda fun...

::marches down to the PC downstairs::
/Earth\ Mk\.\ I{2}/

billy_2004  (op)
Banned
Dec 31, 2003, 09:38 PM

Fine I admit it. I own a PowerMac G4. BUT...it's running Mac OS 9.2.2

kupan787
Senior User
Dec 31, 2003, 09:43 PM

What you all need is Jesus in your life, my God. You all sit here and crucify me when I have done nothing to you but offer redemption. (In all seriousness....)...face the facts you guys. Apple is gay. Want reasons? I will give you reasons.
REASON #1: I have cut my wrists in front of people to prove my loyalness to Microsoft products. Why? They claimed Apple is better.
REASON #2: I have a strong Christian faith, and further believe that Apple is the devil(hidden beneath shiny buttons and transparant Windows.) I will not degrade myself down the road of sin like you all have.
REASON #3: What is Apple trying to prove by designing desktop computers that look like jube-jubes? Why does Apple design their laptops out of Titanium and Aluminum? If I want my HP shiny I can wrap it in tin foil.(Yet you waste thousands for this kind of "feature.")....*sigh*....scares me how ****ed up people are nowadays.
REASON #4: Dont bullshit yourselves any longer. XP is the one true OS, and OS X WILL die. It IS a fad that will fade away shortly after Longhorns release. You will all come crawling to me on my Windows forum...bleeding, crying, beggiing for forgiveness. You know what? I will kick dirt in your face and take a **** on you. Because you had your chance.
Nice christian attitude here. Perhaps you skipped a few to many sunday schools.

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Dec 31, 2003, 09:48 PM

Perhaps Billy_2004 is Microsofts way of kicking off their marketing blitz for Longhorn.

...a bit early though.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

bettafish
Dec 31, 2003, 09:56 PM

Someone get him a Mac for Xmas...a nice PowerMac G5. I think you mentioned you liked the look of the G5.
Just please, no slitting of the wrists...thats wrong.

Peabo
Senior User
Dec 31, 2003, 10:00 PM

This thread is nuts But it's the most interesting one I've seen in ages
LC 16Mhz • LC 475 25Mhz • Centris 650 25Mhz • Performa 6200/75Mhz • G3 266Mhz • Snow iMac DVSE 500Mhz
G4 QS 733Mhz • 17" Powerbook 1.33Ghz • 15" MacBook Pro Core Duo 2.16Ghz • Mac Pro 8-Core 3.0 Ghz

MDA
Forum Regular
Dec 31, 2003, 10:00 PM

Originally posted by kupan787:
Nice christian attitude here. Perhaps you skipped a few to many sunday schools.
I think it's a bit more serious than that, this guy is a loon.

MDA

booboo
Mac Elite
Dec 31, 2003, 10:08 PM

. . . But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Windows XP

THE END

DavideMac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 31, 2003, 10:14 PM

Hey billy, they say that the meek shall inherit the earth. The bigger they are, the harder they fall and no one AND I MEAN NO ONE, is bigger than Microsoft. But don't worry billy, when Longhorn comes out and falls flat on it's ass, I'll be seeing you at the Apple store laying down that credit card for a shiny new G9 cause that's where we will be when longhorn hits the market and then BAM!! hits the pavement. It will be the end of an era.....kind of sad when you think about it.

bettafish
Dec 31, 2003, 10:18 PM

I have a grand idea! Let us put together a funding program for a new G5 for billy. If each of us donates a couple dollars, we should have enough! It all adds up! ....or not.

Krusty
Professional Poster
Dec 31, 2003, 10:37 PM

Originally posted by bettafish:
I have a grand idea! Let us put together a funding program for a new G5 for billy. If each of us donates a couple dollars, we should have enough! It all adds up! ....or not.
Great idea !!! ... I'll ... um, I'll administer the fund. Just send your checks to me and I'll scan and post a copy of the receipt for my ..um, heh heh .. Billy's new G5.

Forum Links
Forum Rules