Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Transmit .Mac sync in Leopard

Transmit .Mac sync in Leopard
nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Jan 5, 2008, 12:43 PM

I was to use my .Mac account to sync my Transmit favorites between computers, but whenever I turn on Transmit syncing in the .Mac pref pane it crashes on sync every time. Is this a known issue with a fix?

I'm using Transmit 3.6.3 on 10.5.1.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jan 5, 2008, 02:44 PM

Since you are having trouble with .Mac, why not just skip and manually transfer your Transmit favorites? You could do so with a single Unix scp command, for instance, probably much faster than it would take you to fix whatever is ailing OS X sync services.

nonhuman  (op)
Posting Junkie
Jan 5, 2008, 02:52 PM

Yeah, I can do that now. But then I have to do it again every single time I add or remove a favorite. Using .Mac syncing I don't have to worry about keeping everything up to date because it's done automatically.

I switch back and forth between computers very often, so it's definitely an issue keeping all my stuff synced up, and would be a huge pain in the ass if I had to do it manually.

64stang06
Mac Elite
Jan 5, 2008, 06:25 PM

Don't know about a fix, but a clean install of Leopard and Transmit on my machine doesn't show a sync option in .Mac preferences. It's possible that it may not work with Leopard, if that helps any.
MacBook Pro 13" 2.8GHz Core i7/8GB RAM/750GB Hard Drive - Mac OS X 10.7.3

k2director
Senior User
Jan 7, 2008, 02:48 AM

The problem you're having stems from a bug in Transmit. I have the same problem, emailed Panic tech support, and they acknowledged the bug and said they're working on it. Don't know when a fix is due, but there's nothing you can do about it on your end...

nonhuman  (op)
Posting Junkie
Jan 7, 2008, 03:09 AM

Well, I can wait...

Forum Links
Forum Rules