Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Any Irishmen here?

Any Irishmen here?
nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Apr 5, 2008, 11:26 PM

For some reason I'm drawing a blank on this. The only person I can think of is Madras, but I haven't seen him here for years and many of you probably have no idea who he is...

Anyway, I'm landing at Dublin International Airport at 7:30 on Monday morning, and then flying back out again for Rome at 15:20 that afternoon. Is it even worth me leaving the airport, or should I just get drunk at airport bars all day?

It won't be my only chance to see the city, I'll be back again on the 19th, and flying home to Boston on the 21st (Really, the only reason I'm in dublin this time is because Aer Lingus is cheap as ****. I'll be back for a real visit some time in the future.)

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Apr 6, 2008, 12:10 AM

Irish by descent, but not nationality.

Have fun in the motherland for 8 hours.

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Apr 6, 2008, 01:35 AM

I've been in the U.S. for a long time and never spent much time in Dublin anyway, but just from a practical stand-point the hassle probably isn't worth it. How much are you really going to see when you still have to consider the standard airport annoyances? On a flight to Indonesia we had a fairly long layover in Hawaii and decided to check things out instead of camping in the airport. We didn't end up seeing much of anything, and although a bit of fresh air on such a long flight was nice, it didn't really seem worth the aggravation in retrospect.

If you're going to be back again in the near future anyway, I say belly up to the bar.
Nemo me impune lacesset

Paco500
Professional Poster
Apr 6, 2008, 08:32 AM

The Dublin airport is a bit north of the city so you are likely talking about a cab ride, but if you are so inclined, I'd absolutely go in to town. If for no other reason, the restaurants/pubs in the airport kind of suck.

Dublin, what little I have seen of it, is a very cool city.

Forum Links
Forum Rules