Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > For those watching Keynote on TechTV

For those watching Keynote on TechTV
[email protected]
Jan 5, 2002, 02:49 AM

Yeah so last summer they covered the keynote as well and botched it by having a running commentary during the whole presentation. This year they have a different individual doing the coverage but they still plan on a commentary during the Keynote.

Below is the e-mail address of the individual doing the coverage. If you want (and I highly recommend this) you can e-mail him and strongly suggest they hold off on the commentary and leave it till the end of the Keynote so that everyone can see it in its entirety without listening to another person dribble on, besides Steve. So maybe the coverage will get better... maybe.

HIs Email: [email protected]

Nebrie
Mac Elite
Jan 5, 2002, 03:42 AM

This guy is no Louderback. While not a mac fanatic, he is very warm towards Macs. He'll give the keynote justice unlike last year, but less commentary in the middle would be nice.

fulmer
Professional Poster
Jan 5, 2002, 03:44 AM

chill out just a bit, laxguy. Brett is a mac geek like many of us--he won't sell out. I'm sure he'll keep quiet when it's called for, especially since being that near the RDF compels silence.

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: fulmer ]

juanvaldes
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 5, 2002, 03:50 AM

too bad his producers will be demanding that Brett talk away during the keynote. He's powerless you know, truly is.

If anything tell him they need to get a MAC show on that damn network. I think they can afford to give 5% of the market even 30 or 60 minutes of air time to us. Instead of the 1/2 'tips' a day. A REAL show to SHOW OFF the mac and what you can do with it, help dispel all of that FUD that has stuck to apple by ignorant reporters.
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive.
- Thomas Jefferson, 1787

applenut1
Senior User
Jan 5, 2002, 04:55 AM

Originally posted by Nebrie:
<STRONG>This guy is no Louderback. While not a mac fanatic, he is very warm towards Macs. He'll give the keynote justice unlike last year, but less commentary in the middle would be nice.</STRONG>
Bret can be an ass sometimes. Sometimes he can be all right. He tries to be funny but is just goofy... in a bad way.

I just don't see his personality and the way he can go on and on o a topic as a good match for a 2 and a half hour keynote. I think I would go insane listening to him for that long.

Mac Write
Mac Elite
Jan 5, 2002, 05:20 AM

I hope it airs on TechTV Canada.

I will watch TechTV, and the web cast on my TV. I will do video out from my Computer to TV (I have done that since the Slot Loading iMac Keynote.

So I will flip feeds on my TV if TechTV gets out of hand (and if you they do they will get some very nasty e-mails, and press).
Get busy living or get busy dying
--Stephen King

Philbert
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 5, 2002, 12:21 PM

I think Brett will do a great job. (Although, sometimes he does seem a bit apologetic for the Mac, which bugs me.) The only other guy that would do the Expo any justice would be Leo. Just be thankful it's not that extrememly annoying dweeb, Chris Pirillo.

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 5, 2002, 12:25 PM

theyre airing a commercial for their coverage. it says in the commercial "will apple release a new PDA? find out at our macworld coverage....". its just hard for me to take them seriously if theyre getting sucked in that hard.

pkatt
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 5, 2002, 12:32 PM

Originally posted by Philbert:
<STRONG> Just be thankful it's not that extrememly annoying dweeb, Chris Pirillo.</STRONG>
I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates Pirillo!

NeoMac
Mac Elite
Jan 5, 2002, 12:44 PM

There is only one person who should be covering MacWorld and it is Leo! He'd be great at it.
"Last time the French asked for more evidence, it rolled through France with a German flag." - David Letterman

iCartman
Senior User
Jan 5, 2002, 01:49 PM

If anything tell him they need to get a MAC show on that damn network. I think they can afford to give 5% of the market even 30 or 60 minutes of air time to us. Instead of the 1/2 'tips' a day. A REAL show to SHOW OFF the mac and what you can do with it, help dispel all of that FUD that has stuck to apple by ignorant reporters.
chill out with the zelotry..
respect mah athoritah!

pkatt
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 5, 2002, 02:18 PM

You wouldn't have a lot to talk about on a mac show. Yeah, there are a LOT of cool programs and things to do, but the call in for help wouldn't be of much use, since Macs don't have as many problems as PCs.

oranjdisc
Senior User
Jan 5, 2002, 02:57 PM

I simply can't stand commentary as a general rule in anything that's aired on television. I wish TV channels had an option, like say on DVDs, where you can hear the Director speaking about the movie while you watch it.

I've got eyes, ears, and a brain, thank you very much. Don't need some supposed know-it-all blabbing to me.

Forum Links
Forum Rules