Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > OS 10.9.3 and Software Compatability

OS 10.9.3 and Software Compatability
akent35
Banned
May 17, 2014, 06:02 PM

After Apple came out with the corrected version of iTunes, I went ahead and installed OS 10.9.3 (Combo Updater) on both of my machines, and for the most part, everything is good. Here is a list of some software I have run since the upgrade (all the listed software is the latest version of each):

Compatible: Word, Excel, Outlook, Onyx, Firefox, Disk Warrior, SuperDuper!, Quicken, Toast, VLC

Not Compatible: TechTool Pro

Anyone else have any to report on?

Mike Wuerthele
Managing Editor
May 17, 2014, 07:14 PM

I'm moderately surprised TTP broke under 10.9.3. There wasn't much in the way of low-level changes.

Did you try it after the iTunes fix? Maybe the borked permissions thing was the issue with TTP.

akent35  (op)
Banned
May 17, 2014, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by EstaNightshift View Post
I'm moderately surprised TTP broke under 10.9.3. There wasn't much in the way of low-level changes.

Did you try it after the iTunes fix? Maybe the borked permissions thing was the issue with TTP.
I first installed iTunes 11.2.1, then the Combo Updater for 10.9.3. Maybe I should have just installed 10.9.3, leaving iTunes at version 11.x (or whatever it was).

I'm also baffled as to why the latest version if TechTool Pro failed. The program would launch, but then trying to do a selection led to failure. Another thing was that when I tried to mount the eDrive partition in Disk Utility, it would stay mounted for about 15 seconds, then be gone. The other two "invisible" partitions, Recovery HD and EFI, did remain mounted.

I was able to run Disk Warrior, after booting from my latest backup. It was able to do its' "thing" without a hitch.

Hopefully, Micromat will comer out with an update soon.

akent35  (op)
Banned
May 18, 2014, 12:51 PM

Well, it looks like there are problems with TechTool Pro and OS 10.9.3, but it seems to be restricted to certain Mac models. In the 6th post down on this TechTool Pro forum:

Micromat :: Topic: TTP7 and the public beta OS 10.9.3 (13D45a) (1/1)

it specifically states that the Mac models affected by this are:

iMac 13,
Mac Mini 6,
MacBook Air 5,
MacBook Pro 9,
MacBook Pro 10

I have both the Mac Mini 6 and MacBook Air 5 models.

They have a beta version of an update available, and I did email them to request that they send me the update. Not sure if I'll install it or not, as I'd rather wait for an actual update to be made available.

akent35  (op)
Banned
May 19, 2014, 06:51 PM

Well, I received the beta version of TechTool Pro (V7.0.4) this morning from Micromat, and it worked without a hitch on both of my machines. The only question I had was whether or not the eDrive will be updated to version 7.0.4 also.

In any event, I suspect a permanent update will be coming out shortly.

Forum Links
Forum Rules