Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > 10.2.3 messes with platinum title bar buttons?

10.2.3 messes with platinum title bar buttons?
Greenland is for toy dogs
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 14, 2003, 12:31 PM

Installed 10.2.3 recently, just noticed that the close, minmise and maximise buttons in the title bars on certain apps now look 'embedded' in the title bar rather than embossed on the top of it.

Instead of looking like small droplets on the title bar, they now look like screws that have been inserted too far.

This is noticeable on Safari and Calculator, but not on iTunes, strangely. Anyone else have this?

Obviously this is a serious bug in Apple's new operating system which I will have to bring to their attention in faxes, telegrams, emails and written complaints. They'll never get OSX into the enterprise with this gargantuan error.

Guy Incognito
Banned
Jan 14, 2003, 12:32 PM

GK
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 14, 2003, 12:36 PM

It's not a bug, it's a feature. Try the search button and you'll find hundreds of messages about these new buttons.

Silky Voice of The Gorn
Mac Elite
Jan 14, 2003, 12:48 PM

BTW- It's called "Brushed Metal" or "Textured" if you're being anal. Platinum is the OS 9 Appearance (the only reason I bothered opening this thread!).

Michel Fortin
Forum Regular
Jan 14, 2003, 04:55 PM

When I saw this at first, I found it strange. But now that I see it in Safari, it looks like apple is planning using different 'embedded' for brushed-metal windows. Just looks at the button bar, or the clear button in the download window.

iPhoto, iTunes and Quicktime Player do not use the standard system brushed-metal theme, but I guess the next update will make theses buttons consistant with the new standard.

What I don't like about theses the new close and minimize 'embedded' buttons is that they now bring the window to the front when you click them.

Forum Links
Forum Rules