Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > stumped @ playback divx5.ogm

stumped @ playback divx5.ogm
gerbnl
Grizzled Veteran
May 6, 2003, 05:15 PM

Just when i thought i could play about anything, someone sends me a movie file with extension .ogm.

What i want to do is make a mpeg-2 (SVCD) out of it, but if i can't i would be happy to settle with just watching it on my mac

Afaik VLC should be able to play this file, but alas: no dice. VLC sees three streams: two vorbis audio streams ( a Japanse soundtrack and an English soundtrack) and a DX50 stream. Sound workes fine, but i dont get any image. Seems i'm still missing a codec somewhere, but i'm really stuped at which one and where to install.

Both MPlayer OS X 2 and QT player (Pro registered (legally)) hate the file. Even though i have both vorbis audio codec and divx5.0.5 video codec installed in /Library/QuickTime, it just refuses to open anything with the .omg extension.

ffmpegx does not refuse the file, but gives loads of errors with ANYTHING i try to do with it.

Who can un-stump me?
( Last edited by gerbnl; May 6, 2003 at 05:21 PM. )

devrosx
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 7, 2003, 12:57 AM

try replace .ogm to .ogg and try in mplayerosx2 again

gerbnl  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
May 7, 2003, 02:35 AM

Originally posted by devrosx:
try replace .ogm to .ogg and try in mplayerosx2 again
Well, that DID help... so i do AM able to play them all...

Gawd, thanks for helping out devrosx!

(though. i'm still slightly stumped as for why i didn't try this myself... must have been the time of day... maybe if i poke myself a bit: )

Forum Links
Forum Rules