Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Disabling second monitor?

Disabling second monitor?
Taipan
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 16, 2005, 07:30 AM

Hi!

I'm using a TV set as a second monitor to watch movies via the full screen mode in MPLayer or VLC. Now I don't really like that the desktops extends on the second monnitor. I don't want any icons to be placed on it and I don't like that my desktop (on the first monitor) is now open on one side. Is there any way to deactivate the second monitor so it's only used when needed (other than pulling the cable)? Thanks!

zacharydz
Forum Regular
Apr 23, 2005, 11:48 PM

I dont think you can disable the monitor other than by unplugging it. However, you can choose which monitor is your primary one (having the menu bar and icons on it). In System Preferences, go to Monitors. If you click on the arrangement tab, it will show two screens. You can drag the menu bar to the other monitor in that picture. Then that one will be the primary monitor.
Macbook 1.83 Ghz CD, 2 GB RAM, 320 GB HD, OS 10.6.2

Forum Links
Forum Rules