Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Mail - Date Received all changed

Mail - Date Received all changed
jeffreydale2000
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 4, 2006, 12:54 PM

I have about three months of mail in my mailbox and last night the "Date Received" on every email got set to "Today 3:41 AM", and all the email is marked unread. I checked some of the headers and everything looks fine. Apparently the Mail app doesn't use the headers for determining the "Date Received".

So, how does Mail determine the date received, how could it have spontaneously reset them all, and how do I get the correct dates back?

- Mark

SpinCycle
Forum Regular
Jun 8, 2006, 06:25 PM

I am having this problem right now. I have entourage and mail. I am migrating my messages from entourage to mail by putting them on a imap server from the first app (entourage) and then downloading them into mail.

When I do this the dates all show up as the same and the headers are still correct. Any one find out out to correct this yet?

SpinCycle
Forum Regular
Jun 8, 2006, 06:51 PM

Looks like now that I use the import function in Mail (I didnt use it again with this version because I thought it was going to do the same thing it had done last year (( I have been keeping the entrourage app on the computer just for those archived messages)) )

Now the correct dates are appearing using the mail import script.

Forum Links
Forum Rules