Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Next gen is coming: What games are you picking up?

Next gen is coming: What games are you picking up?
The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 11, 2013, 01:26 PM

So I keep looking a what's available for the PS4 and I keep turning up nothing of interest. In the spring I'll have Destiny, Watch_Dogs, Thief, DriveClub, The Order: 1886, and Planetside 2 to choose from, but in the meantime, my options seem limited to sports games and "blockbuster" multiplatform titles.

So, my early adopter brothers and sisters, what titles will you be picking up?

*cue crickets*

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 11, 2013, 01:34 PM

Forza.

/Ducks and runs away quickly.

Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 11, 2013, 02:10 PM

KillZone ShadowFall looks interesting (I like narrative). Knack looks ok for a third-person action/platformer. Neither of them would get me to buy a new box though.

I remember getting a Wii for Twilight Princess...now that was a launch title that could move boxes.

Kevin Bogues
Senior User
Nov 11, 2013, 02:18 PM

Lots of great games I could buy on the current gen right now...

But seriously I'm just picking up BF4 and Forza 5 immediately

exca1ibur
Mac Elite
Nov 11, 2013, 04:35 PM

I got Battefield 4 and Killzone coming.

If you preorder 2 PS4 games on Amazon before Nov 16 you get a third free. I just added AC Black Flag to my order a little while ago

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Nov 11, 2013, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by exca1ibur View Post
I got Battefield 4 and Killzone coming.

If you preorder 2 PS4 games on Amazon before Nov 16 you get a third free. I just added AC Black Flag to my order a little while ago
That's part of the reason I started the thread. I have passing interest in NFS and NBA, but not $120 worth of interest. Reminding myself just because I got the console doesn't mean I have to stop using the 360 completely.

KCrosbie
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 11, 2013, 07:38 PM

I'm going to wait on the next gen. Current gen still has plenty to offer.

exca1ibur
Mac Elite
Nov 11, 2013, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
That's part of the reason I started the thread. I have passing interest in NFS and NBA, but not $120 worth of interest. Reminding myself just because I got the console doesn't mean I have to stop using the 360 completely.
I almost got NFS, but they have all been disappointing to me since the original Most Wanted so I went with Assassins Creed. I plan to use my PS3 as well, I still have Gran Turismo 6 I'm loping forward to, and I still have classic I might go back to as well. Until we get a more clear picture on the Gaikai service the two will be side by side for some time to come.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Nov 11, 2013, 10:34 PM

Killzone: Shadow Fall
FIFA 13
Battlefield 4
Resogun (free for PS+ subscribers — looks incredibly addictive, like Super Stardust before it)

I probably won't have another title to get excited about until The Order: 1886 and Second Son, but those four launch titles should easily hold me over until then.

ibook_steve
Nov 12, 2013, 04:08 AM

I'm not getting a PS4 at launch, but no love for Knack? That and ACIV would probably be the ones I'd pick up.

Steve
Celebrating 10 years and 4000 posts on MacNN!

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Nov 12, 2013, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by ibook_steve View Post
I'm not getting a PS4 at launch, but no love for Knack? That and ACIV would probably be the ones I'd pick up.

Steve
Knack is a huge wait-and-see game for me. After watching some gameplay footage, it just doesn't seem special, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

[EDIT] In all honesty, it would have to have an average Metacritic score of 95+ for me to even consider it. A platformer has to reach Mario Galaxy quality to really be worth it at this point.

ibook_steve
Nov 13, 2013, 03:41 AM

I played the Knack demo at Gamestop last week. It was fun. I didn't see why it needed to be on a next gen console, but I think that most of these early next gen games will be like that.

Steve
Celebrating 10 years and 4000 posts on MacNN!

Forum Links
Forum Rules