Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Now people are complaining about free stuff

Now people are complaining about free stuff (Page 2)
turtle777
Clinically Insane
Sep 17, 2014, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
Even worse, people have time to complain about the people complaining.
Are you complaining about people that are complaining about complaining people ?

You douche.

-t

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Sep 17, 2014, 10:35 PM

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 18, 2014, 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by Snow-i View Post
free ****ing U2 album
I'm no grammar guru, but ****ing free U2 album seems to sound better.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Sep 18, 2014, 06:38 AM

I don't think there's any way to make that album sound better...
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

ghporter
Administrator
Sep 18, 2014, 08:14 AM

That pic needs a caption:
"Don't worry, honey. The Internet says there's a treatment that's 75% effective...."

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

badidea
Professional Poster
Sep 18, 2014, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Why wouldn't you have the feature turned on?
In my case I have the feature turned off, because I have a few "purchased" items which I got for free in one of those christmas give-away days...and I don't want that crap to automatically be in my library!
Basically the same problem many now have with the U2 album, except that I agreed to get that stuff for free!

Is there a way now to get rid of stupid Justin Timberlake songs?

residentEvil
Professional Poster
Sep 18, 2014, 03:03 PM

Hmmm...nothing has shown up in my iTunes. I was just using it too; logged in with my apple ID making back-ups of my iPads and iPhones before OS 8 updates. Nothing.

Must be my iMac knows to keep shitty music off of itself. But seriously, nothing has "appeared" in my library or on any of my devices.

residentEvil
Professional Poster
Sep 18, 2014, 03:10 PM

Oh, I see. Found it. Its under the Purchased quick link under the iTunes store main page right side.

Not under Purchased or Music on the left side of the main navigation (classic view) of iTunes.

I would have to click the cloud icon to download it to my local iTunes library. Got it. So no, then, Apple hasn't manipulated my library or music in anyway. My phones and pads aren't set to automatically download so that is why they don't have them.

I see no issue with this/Apple doing this. However, I wish they would let me pick the album I wanted for free

Demonhood
Administrator
Sep 18, 2014, 04:14 PM

Apple just underestimated the number of folks that have the auto-download feature on. They should have asked if, for this special case, a device wanted to download this free gift or not. That was a screwup. But I still don't think it was a privacy invasion.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Sep 18, 2014, 06:12 PM

You bet that most people complaining about "privacy invasion" spill their guts / lives out on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc.

How f&$%ing ironic.

-t

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 19, 2014, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by starman View Post
How is this relevant to adding an album to your library?

Addition != subtraction.
I already answered this:
And I'll repeat that it's the unfettered access that is the issue at heart.
I just cannot believe so many people have the time to complain about this.

Don't you have better shit to do?
Posting on a forum – so much effort and time intensive! Why, I could have flipped by 5 TV channels or waited for my PS4 to load during this time!

This is why we can't have nice things
Having the digital equivalent of garbage inserted on your phone isn't a 'nice thing.' It's not the end of the world, either, but what it boils down to is a lot of people suddenly learned just what the company who made your phone can do with it without their consent. Whether they realize this will apply to more than a music album is sadly unlikely.

there is more outrage over a free ****ing U2 album than there is about the quickly deteriorating security situation across the ME, with scores upon scores of people being massacred for their religious beliefs.
To be fair, this situation actually affects people, and does so right now. ISIS may never affect them, even through a chain of events, and quite honestly they can do even less about it than the U2 album.

Even worse, people have time to complain about the people complaining.
That's the real tragedy here.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 19, 2014, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Demonhood View Post
Apple just underestimated the number of folks that have the auto-download feature on.
That's not possible. I guarantee you they can give you an exact number of machines with the setting turned on vs. off.

Snow-i
Professional Poster
Sep 19, 2014, 01:03 PM

Posting on a forum – so much effort and time intensive! Why, I could have flipped by 5 TV channels or waited for my PS4 to load during this time!
Perhaps I should have clarified - I was referring more to the issue at large than anything here at home in the NN.

Having the digital equivalent of garbage inserted on your phone isn't a 'nice thing.' It's not the end of the world, either, but what it boils down to is a lot of people suddenly learned just what the company who made your phone can do with it without their consent. Whether they realize this will apply to more than a music album is sadly unlikely.
This is my point. With all the NSA stuff and privacy issues at large, it took a free U2 album auto downloaded to our iphones to spark mass outrage? Priorities.

pquote]
To be fair, this situation actually affects people, and does so right now. ISIS may never affect them, even through a chain of events, and quite honestly they can do even less about it than the U2 album.[/quote]

ISIS does affect them far more right now today than a free U2 album ever will. This is exactly what I am talking about.

That's the real tragedy here.
Just cause you enjoy the smell of your own farts does not mean I have to also.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 19, 2014, 01:14 PM

This is my point. With all the NSA stuff and privacy issues at large, it took a free U2 album auto downloaded to our iphones to spark mass outrage? Priorities.
Not priorities, tangibility. A U2 album being inserted onto your iPhone is less troubling than NSA spyware, but the difference is people can actually see one of them.

ISIS does affect them far more right now today than a free U2 album ever will. This is exactly what I am talking about.
Perhaps if you explained how ISIS has already affected me personally, I could understand.

Just cause you enjoy the smell of your own farts does not mean I have to also.
Sarcasm, how does it work?

Forum Links
Forum Rules