Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Ordered dual 2.5? What's your "Est. ship" ?

Ordered dual 2.5? What's your "Est. ship" ? (Page 10)
cal6n
Aug 12, 2004, 08:48 AM

Brykken at "macrumours" has compiled an online list here:

http://powermac.king-panda.com/

and Solo-act is running a spreadsheet which you can DL here:

http://www.solo-act.com/documents/masterorderlist.xls

The spreadsheet is updated each afternoon, USA time.

Thanks are due to both of these guys
G5LC, 6 GB 1.07 TB 6800 GT & 30" (Workhorse)
1.4 GHz Cube 512 MB 60 GB (headless folding)
15" 1.67 GHz Ali G4 PB, 1.5 GB 100 GB (VJ rig 1 & Uni)
15" 1 GHz Ali G4 PB, 1.5 GB 60 GB (VJ rig 2)
G4 800 MHz Ti PB, 512 MB 60 GB (Lounge)

videian28
Mac Elite
Aug 12, 2004, 09:19 AM

cool, well from those lists I can see multiple people with 6800 equipped orders with a ship date of 8/20...hopefully that will hold true

DarylF2
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 12, 2004, 01:18 PM

Mine arrived a little after noon (about an hour ago). I was cleaning my gutters at the time, in preparation for heavy rains and storms forcast for the next few days here. So, I missed pictures of the FedEd delivery lady (but how could anyone top hotshot's?). I've just now unpacked it, and it looks perfect! Once I complete my G4 backups, I'll power it up!

In the meantime, I'll upload my pictures of the grand unwrapping and throw together a quick little web page for them.

I'll post soon with the link.

EDIT: Here is my G5 Web Photo Album.
( Last edited by DarylF2; Aug 12, 2004 at 01:52 PM. )

limpbizkit69dz
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 12, 2004, 02:10 PM

Congrats on finally getting yours. Damn, a lot of people seem to be getting theirs now. Maybe my date will get pushed up!....nope

videian28
Mac Elite
Aug 12, 2004, 02:34 PM

man thats a sexy machine =P

big arse vid card fan

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Aug 12, 2004, 03:25 PM

Damn, they're gorgeous. I want me one.

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Aug 12, 2004, 03:27 PM

Originally posted by MindFad:
Damn, they're gorgeous. I want me one.
This will make you feel better.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Aug 12, 2004, 03:30 PM

The "buy now" button�IT FOLLOWS ME!

neophilia
Forum Regular
Aug 12, 2004, 07:58 PM

For anyone sick of waiting, Macmall has the older dual 2.0 in stock with $10 dollar overnight shipping. I ordered Wednesday afternoon and will be getting it Friday (tomorrow) morning. 2 days versus 2+ months, for not much slower a machine.
-n

pixelhead11
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 12, 2004, 11:23 PM

I ordered mine on 8/9 and I just got my order email. Mine will ship on 9/28

UnixMac
Mac Elite
Aug 13, 2004, 12:03 AM

Originally posted by DarylF2:
Mine arrived a little after noon (about an hour ago). I was cleaning my gutters at the time, in preparation for heavy rains and storms forcast for the next few days here. So, I missed pictures of the FedEd delivery lady (but how could anyone top hotshot's?). I've just now unpacked it, and it looks perfect! Once I complete my G4 backups, I'll power it up!

In the meantime, I'll upload my pictures of the grand unwrapping and throw together a quick little web page for them.

I'll post soon with the link.

EDIT: Here is my G5 Web Photo Album.

Sweet machine man! I can just taste mine now.... I am going to be up till 4am that day it gets here!
Mac Pro 3.0, ATI 5770 1GB VRAM, 10GB, 2xVelociraptor boot RAID, 4.5TB RAID0 storage, 30" & 20" Apple displays.
2 x Macbook Pro's 17" 3.06 4 GB RAM, 256GB Solid State drives
iMac 17" Core Duo 1GB RAM, & 2 iPhones 8GB, and a Nano in a pear tree!
Apple user since 1981

kloda
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 13, 2004, 12:20 AM

I've already told one of the guys I work with and helps cover my area of responsibility that the day after my G5 arrives, I'll be "sick." I have over 30 sick days due, no worries.

DarylF2
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 13, 2004, 01:15 AM

I asked my supervisor for 3-4 days off "whenever my new Mac arrives", and he said "Sure!". So I took off at noon today and don't go back to work until Thursday next week! I have plenty of time to play with my new toy.

Boy this thing is FAST. Installing the OS was amazingly quick, as is everything else I've tried. I have yet to play a game or run a benchmark. Maybe tomorrow. I finally have everything migrated over and set back up.

The Setup Assistant does a really good job, but isn't perfect. I have two bootable partitions on my G4, and it didn't make it clear which it was migrating from. I needed to reinstall StuffIt Deluxe 8, re-register Snapx Pro X, re-register Canvas 9, and reinstall most drivers (as expected). It pulled nearly everything over from the G4, though, including my fink installation and other non-standard directories at "/". Oddly, it didn't copy over Xcode 1.5, though.

kloda
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 13, 2004, 09:24 AM

A nice long weekend, hmmm...

The problem with getting a new computer and migration of old data is finally realizing this is the time to really clean things up. Fortunately (for what it's worth) I have a little bit of time before my G5 arrives to overhaul my home office and get files cleaned and cleared. Gotta find something to do to keep my mind off Order Status.

videian28
Mac Elite
Aug 13, 2004, 10:02 AM

Gotta find something to do to keep my mind off Order Status.
I am finding that very difficult

Leonard
Professional Poster
Aug 13, 2004, 10:12 AM

Originally posted by videian28:
I am finding that very difficult
Yes, with a few of the G5's arriving and a week left before the 20th, it's hard to stay away from the Order Status Page. It's a little easier on the week-end.
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro

videian28
Mac Elite
Aug 13, 2004, 10:15 AM

your better off than I, there hasn't been one 6800 equipped G5 shipped yet I am not counting on the 20th

Turias
Mac Elite
Aug 13, 2004, 10:20 AM

your better off than I, there hasn't been one 6800 equipped G5 shipped yet I am not counting on the 20th
But man, are those 6800s going to rock.

kloda
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 13, 2004, 10:59 AM

What's frustrating to me, after seeing the two tracking lists, is that there isn't any sort of pattern to what has shipped. Someone ordered August 6 and received his system. The only additions to my order (July 26) are bluetooth and Final Cut Express. Maybe dropping bluetooth, boosting the HD to 250 and going with the 9800xt video card will move things along.

Then again, I've waited this long...

videian28
Mac Elite
Aug 13, 2004, 11:05 AM

yeah these seems to be absoloutly 0 pattern to thier shipping, it's a bit disconcerting.....not that it affects me yet cause no 6800's are shipping

technically I should be one of the first on the 6800 lists I have a buy date of 6/11 (called them and changed the order without loosing my place in line)

but I am of little faith at this point

blakespot  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 13, 2004, 01:49 PM

yeah these seems to be absoloutly 0 pattern to thier shipping, it's a bit disconcerting.....not that it affects me yet cause no 6800's are shipping

technically I should be one of the first on the 6800 lists I have a buy date of 6/11 (called them and changed the order without loosing my place in line)

but I am of little faith at this point

You lost your place in line.

blakespot
iPodHacks.com -- http://www.ipodhacks.com

videian28
Mac Elite
Aug 13, 2004, 02:03 PM

what makes you assume that blake?

blakespot  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 13, 2004, 03:54 PM

what makes you assume that blake?
You ordered early, on the 6/11. You'd be getting one of the first few thousand G5's shipped it would seem. You est. ship date was 7/31 latest. You then change your order a few weeks later to include a GeForce 6800 Ultra. Apple will not have this part until August, word was.

That being the case - how would you assume you did not lose your place in line? Your "on or before" ship date was some time before Apple would even start receiving the part needed to complete your order.

Now as it turns out its taken longer for anyone to get a G5 than 7/30, the dates sliding to 8/20. Given that that date slid, it seems rather possible that the "August" timeframe for Apple receiving 6800's may slide as well. I'm thinking quite possibly no one with a 6800 will receive their G5 until sometime in September.

Whatever that case may work out to be - regardless of what the lowly Apple rep told you on the phone - I can't imagine how you could assume you would get your machine sent out in the same timeframe as if you had not spec'ed a 6800. Hell - your machine would probably be on its way right now if you had kept the old card.

I ordered my G5 on 6/9 and made the upgrade to 6800 and, of course, don't have mine either.

blakespot

videian28
Mac Elite
Aug 14, 2004, 01:57 AM

um...of course I don't expect to get mine in my "place in line" I do however expect that when the 6800's start to ship, I will pretty close to the front of the line for those....

that make sense?

would I prefer it to come when apple tells me it will for over a month...um..yeah

blakespot  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 14, 2004, 11:52 AM

um...of course I don't expect to get mine in my "place in line" I do however expect that when the 6800's start to ship, I will pretty close to the front of the line for those....
With this, I fully agree.

blakespot

konakazi
Aug 16, 2004, 12:15 PM

Did anyone who placed their order through a reseller receive their Mac yet?

I've been waiting for August 27th, and was just told they might not receive the Macs from Apple on time and the next date would be September 4th.

This is insanity. I ordered on June 20th for God's sake. UGH.

Mac is screwing me but I'm definitely never ordering from a stepchild reseller again.

videian28
Mac Elite
Aug 16, 2004, 12:49 PM

Konakazi it's not any better for those that ordered from apple

my order date was 6/11 and the ship date was 7/30, then bumped to 8/20 and I have no faith it will ship by then

course it seems the 6800 card is holding things up for me

discstickers
Forum Regular
Aug 16, 2004, 01:39 PM

I ordered a 2.0 on 6/12 with a 6800. Ship date says 8/31.

I'll believe it when I see it.
"It's not like Windows users don't have any power. I think a lot of people are happy with Windows, and that's an incredibly depressing thought." -Steve Jobs

Turias
Mac Elite
Aug 16, 2004, 01:44 PM

Konakazi it's not any better for those that ordered from apple

my order date was 6/11 and the ship date was 7/30, then bumped to 8/20 and I have no faith it will ship by then

course it seems the 6800 card is holding things up for me
Well, 4 more days! We can hope, I guess. My 20" LCD shipped Friday, so now I'm just waiting for the actual machine. I guess that gives me about a month to play with the monitor on my old 400MHz G4.

hassanpr
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 16, 2004, 05:33 PM

I ordered a

Dual 2.5
2 gigs of ram
2 250 gig hard drives

on 6/22 at that time it was supposed to ship 7/31. It then jumped to 8/9 a week before 7/31. Then it jumped to 9/27. I called last week and they said because it didnt ship 8/9 the system automaticaly jumps the date 5 weeks ahead because they originaly had a ship date of 5-7 weeks when ordered. But she did say it should ship last week when i called. I checked the site and it still says open and not shipped. WTF is going on with apple.

dkanarek
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 16, 2004, 11:00 PM

I've just came back from a Apple Reatil store with my brand new G5 2.5DP and 23in cinema display . Interstingly, Cinema display is assembled in China, hovewer the G5 label states "Assembled in U.S.A." prehaps Apple opened another manufacture facility which will produce G5 which means more G5 for Everybody.

CHECK YOUR LOCAL APPLE RETAIL - IT JUST MIGHT BE FASTER

konakazi
Aug 17, 2004, 12:11 AM

dkanarek, what state are you in?

I'd totally just pick it up but our NY sales tax would tack on like an extra $250.

dkanarek
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 17, 2004, 12:19 AM

I'm in CT but I purchased mine in Rockingham Park, NH. Since I'm still a student I was able to save $300 on computer $200 on display, $50 on Apple care, and $285 tax since NH has no sales tax.

videian28
Mac Elite
Aug 17, 2004, 02:28 AM

hmm

videian28
Mac Elite
Aug 17, 2004, 10:42 AM

dual 2.5 on hold for me at the apple store, they have them in stock

what to do, what to do

I think I am going to buy it, and just upgrade the vid card later, I am tired of waiting

btw, this is the Tysons corner store, so get them while you can!

hadocon
Mac Elite
Aug 17, 2004, 12:28 PM

I ordered my DP 2.0 on 07/19/04 and received an OOB date of 08/16 - that date has come only to bring notice that my OOB has been pushed back to 08/26.
20+ year MacNN forum member. MacBook Air 11" 1.6Ghz 4GB 128GB Backlit Keyboard, 4S, iPad Mini

videian28
Mac Elite
Aug 17, 2004, 01:44 PM

I am posting from my new dual 2.5 2g ram 9600xt (blah)

will post pics sometime soon

Turias
Mac Elite
Aug 17, 2004, 01:46 PM

I am posting from my new dual 2.5 2g ram 9600xt (blah)

will post pics sometime soon
Wow, only 8 hours between "hmm" and a new, connected PowerMac? I'm impressed!

hollywd
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 17, 2004, 01:47 PM

Ok, now I'm REALLY getting antsy! I keep hoping to get a call or email from my reseller that they've arrived... usually they seem to get things around when the Apple Store does.

A new G5 sure would liven up my at-home vacation this week... *crosses fingers*

discstickers
Forum Regular
Aug 17, 2004, 03:31 PM

Originally posted by hadocon:
I ordered my DP 2.0 on 07/19/04 and received an OOB date of 08/16 - that date has come only to bring notice that my OOB has been pushed back to 08/26.
What video card did you get?
"It's not like Windows users don't have any power. I think a lot of people are happy with Windows, and that's an incredibly depressing thought." -Steve Jobs

johnnydr87
Aug 17, 2004, 06:58 PM

heh..... here in the thick of school...just wanted to see if you guys received your orders yet.........still haven't received mine (you know)
I'M GETTING MY G5 MONDAY..... I CAN FEEL IT...OK I SERIOUSLY DOUBT IT, BUT I CAN DREAM CAN'T I?

videian28
Mac Elite
Aug 17, 2004, 09:31 PM

konakazi
Aug 17, 2004, 11:12 PM

Congrats!

dashiel
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 18, 2004, 01:24 AM

i was in the fashion island (newport beach, CA) store yesterday and the guy there said they got 5 that morning that they weren't expecting.

while in the market, i'm waiting till my client's check clears, that's how i got in trouble last time and have been stuck with my dual 500 G4 : ) for 4 years. hopefully they'll still be there in a couple of days. (yes, i'm probably dumb for letting people know, but what can i say i've waited for a year what's a few more weeks)

qwerty2
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 18, 2004, 04:43 PM

I was passing through the Apple Store in Atlanta and saw a dual 2.5 on display there. It made me want mine. I didn't see any visible difference in speed between the 2.0 and the 2.5, but that's not surprising. It is fast and quiet, though.
http://www.moveonplease.org/

crh
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 18, 2004, 05:07 PM

'On or before
09/02/2004'

1GB MB DDR400 (PC3200)-2X512

250GB Serial ATA-7200rpm

8x Super Drive (DVD-R/CD-RW)

ATI Rad9800 XT w/256MB DDR

Airport Extreme Card

BT+Apple WrlsKybd & Mouse

... I've got 3GB of paired RAM and a WD Raptor waiting to go into it when it arrives, but I don't expect to see it arrive until October...

limpbizkit69dz
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 18, 2004, 08:24 PM

^Did you just order yours? That's a day before my ship date and I ordered over a month ago.

VukOnCrack
Aug 18, 2004, 09:44 PM

Typing this on my new Dual 2.5. Had ordered on 06/14/04. As of 7:00 this evening the order status page still said on or before 08/20/2004. However the local Apple store got some in and I decided to heck with waiting and was the first to pick one up.

First thing I did was run the extended hardware test. Passed with flying colors. Now I have to wait until Friday to actually set the beast up. First impressions (with the new 20" display): nice machine.

kloda
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 18, 2004, 09:54 PM

I'm almost tempted to call the King of Prussia PA Apple Store and see what their stock is like. I live in State College PA and my order status still says on or before September 8. Then again, with all these cancelled orders, maybe my time in the queue will improve.

Wonder when the Pittsburgh store will open.

<sigh> I guess I've waited this long to upgrade (typing on my trusty BW G3), may as well soldier out the next two and a half weeks.

Roger

discstickers
Forum Regular
Aug 19, 2004, 12:32 PM

Originally posted by kloda:

Wonder when the Pittsburgh store will open.
I heard in Novemember. I just drove by it yesterday. They haven't finished the exterior, but the interior looks mostly done, construction-wise. They even have the tables in there.

Forum Links
Forum Rules