Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > New MBP Arrivals Post Here! (2.2GHz and 2.4GHz only)

New MBP Arrivals Post Here! (2.2GHz and 2.4GHz only)
Brentnal
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 11, 2007, 09:59 PM

Hello all,

Now that some of us have had arrivals of the new MBP's, can we please get some short reviews and comments on the new machines? Any comments/problems, etc etc.

Anoesis
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 12, 2007, 01:09 AM

got mine day after release (2.4ghz) at the store. This is my first mac and its great! there is 2 things that concern me. one which isn't that big of a deal but when the lid is closed, the gap is uneven is that normal? another is it gets hot now i know its common but what the average temp. istat pro says cpu is 112 F, the 2nd cpu temp is 120F, undercarage is 80-82F

mpancha
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 12, 2007, 09:07 AM

Anoesis >> my 2.16ghz (man, how I wish I could have waited a month to get my MBP) when its at its hottest and fans are going full speed hits 52 C (approx 125 F). Usually within a couple minutes its cooled down to the 40 C range (about 110ish F). Its not the ideal situation as far as temperature goes, but you learn quickly to put something between a MBP and your lap.

As for the gap, mine is mildly uneven. With the Mac laptops and their magnetic hinge in the center a certain amount of uneveness is to be expected. On PC laptops you tend to have the heavier latches nearer to the edges and thus you never really notice the uneveness. Long story short, its normal, just not ideal.
MacBook Pro | 2.16 ghz core2duo | 2gb ram | superdrive | airport extreme
iBook G4 | 1.2ghz | 768mb ram | combodrive | airport extreme
iPhone 3GS | 32 GB | Jailbreak, or no Jailbreak

Golden Halo
Jun 12, 2007, 09:16 AM

My 2.2 with 160 GB HD @ 7200 rpms is schedules to arrive on JULY 27TH!! :/
15.4" Macbook Pro 2.2 Core 2 Duo, 4GB Ram, 500GB HD @ 7,200rpm. 20" iMac Intel Core Duo, 2GB RAM, 256 VRAM, 250 GB HD. Pro apps: Final Cut Studio, and Logic Pro 8.

Forum Links
Forum Rules