Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Official Star Wars 3 thread (for those who've seen it)

Official Star Wars 3 thread (for those who've seen it) (Page 2)
MallyMal
Grizzled Veteran
May 19, 2005, 09:02 PM

Also, what's up with Obi Wan's new fighting pose?

Daracle
Grizzled Veteran
May 19, 2005, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by MallyMal
Also, what's up with Obi Wan's new fighting pose?

I thought it was awesome.

I also think that Obi Wan was the strongest character in the prequels......Ewan McGregor did a great job.

I loved the movie though....I will for sure have to see it again in the theaters.

On a side note, my best friend went and seen it at 7:00 sneak Preview, the 12:01 premier and then with me today in the afternoon.
Who reads this???

Zimphire
Baninated
May 19, 2005, 10:22 PM

Yeah Ewan nailed Alec's portrayal of Obi Wan.

Apple Pro Underwear
Addicted to MacNN
May 19, 2005, 11:03 PM

I just saw it and I give it a 9 out of 10 stars. That was a little too high but it gets an extra star for being the conclusion of the set. the one thing that made me puzzled was the quick transition to the sith. i felt maybe if palpatine fought him and he made him submit a bit... then crossing him over during the fight may do it but... too sudden.

obi wan cutting vader down was awesome too. it really made me feel how bad anakin has become. i felt it was disgusting and quite horrified at the loss of his legs and the eventual burning. but it made sense and made me feel sorry for him.

looking past that... all the pieces fit. dialogue was OK and i enjoyed the movie.

yay!

iLikebeer
Mac Elite
May 20, 2005, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by Zimphire
The most surreal part was after vader was vaderized, and heard "the news"

That was just weird.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
LOL, that was one of the cheesiest parts of the movie.
The CGI was great in this movie. I forgot the ships, Yoda, and R2D2 were CGI for the most part. I don't know how they landed that cruiser after it broke apart though.

Originally Posted by Luca Rescigno
I thought that Obi-Wan and Yoda using the security footage to see what Anakin did was a pretty bad cop-out. If they have security cameras in Palpatine's chamber, why didn't they just use those to spy on him?

Still loved the film. But that combined with the love scenes and a lot of the dialog was kind of disappointing.
That wasn't in Palpatine's chamber, it was in the Jedi Temple. Palpatine was congratulating him on a job well done after Darth Vader killed all the kids.

I was kind of disappointed how easy Palpatine became the Emperor.
Palpatine:The jedi tried to kill me, senators. We are now an empire and I'm in control. We will hunt down and kill the jedi.
Senators: Um, OK. Woohoo, <cheers>, take away our freedom and power. Go Palpatine.

The last second explanation of Qui-Gonn learning how to be a ghost and teaching Yoda and Obi-wan was rushed and almost added after the fact.
The movie was still pretty sweet though. I'm going again tomorrow to celebrate 2/3 of the star wars saga being watchable.

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
May 20, 2005, 01:20 AM

i just got back from watching it now.

in short i really liked it. i place it behind episode V in my favorites.
i also agree with pretty much everything here about the negatives of the movie.
* anakin's transition to the dark side was rather quick
* anakin's "nooooooo" when he found out he killed padme was cheesy
and a few other things.

but all in all, i really enjoyed it.

Severed Hand of Skywalker
Addicted to MacNN
May 20, 2005, 01:29 AM

I just saw it.

I liked it but didn't like the battles as much as the clone war at the end of Ep2. The voice acting on the droids and aliens was rather childish like in Ep1.

Other than that is was pretty cool but I wasn't blown away like I thought I would be, I'll have to see it again.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
Location: Dangling something in the water… of the Arabian Sea
May 20, 2005, 01:40 AM

It was just OK, mainly for the visuals.

The dialogue REALLY, REALLY SUCKED.

Apple Pro Underwear
Addicted to MacNN
May 20, 2005, 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by Severed Hand of Skywalker
I just saw it.

I liked it but didn't like the battles as much as the clone war at the end of Ep2. The voice acting on the droids and aliens was rather childish like in Ep1.

Other than that is was pretty cool but I wasn't blown away like I thought I would be, I'll have to see it again.
word up

why do the pathetic droids even have voices with so much emotion?

the green alien serving the robot general had a voice that did not match his body.

why did the robot general cough? He has NO LUNGS! All he has is a heart that was way to exposed. It would dry up! Thats why we have skin!

also, for those of you who watched Clone Wars on the cartoon network... At the end Anakin was upgraded to Jedi knight right?

(Also, does it feel like our gripes with this movie are obvious like in the first 2 as well? Doesn't Lucas show this stuff to Spielberg? Could they not easily correct most of their mistakes if they did a little test screening?)

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
May 20, 2005, 02:25 AM

Same as the other two. Moments of brilliance drowning in hours of crap.

Much like a turd with diamonds stuck in it.

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
May 20, 2005, 02:30 AM

Regarding Anakin's swift Sift conversion, I think it made some sense. Don't forget, Anakin had to make a split-second decision since Palpatine's life was at stake, and it didn't look like Mace was willing to wait while Anakin weighed the pros and cons.

After Anakin killed Mace, it might have been a little too quick, but it seemed obvious to me that he had no other choice as far as whether or not to join the Dark Side. The notion of him likely never being accepted as a Jedi for killing Mace probably tipped the scales so dramatically that the choice seemed clear to him at the time.

Or not... just my reaction.

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
May 20, 2005, 02:47 AM

But his very next move was to march into the Jedi temple and slaughter children. It was just too big of a leap and it happened to quickly.

I'm a Jedi. I'm conflicted. I'm a Jedi. I'm conflicted. I'm a Jedi. I'm conflicted. I'm going to cut of another Jedi's arm and then I'm going to go and slaughter dozens of innocent children! Badabing badaboom. What time is lunch?

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

MallyMal
Grizzled Veteran
May 20, 2005, 03:22 AM

After sleeping on it and thinking about it more I still stand by my original post. I think it was cool but I wasn't blown away. It didn't evoke any emotion in me and it still seems that the scenes moved too quickly. Like I was expecting more of each scene.

However, I did like:

1. Yoda climbing up Chewy.

2. Obi Wan say using the gun was uncivilized. Lucas mentions that a lot in his interviews that talk about lightsabers.

3. The shattered window during the Windu/Palp fight.

4. The intercuts of Anakin and Padme looking at each other cross the city. They music wasn't wasn't your typical Star Wars music. I like it.

5. All of Obi Wan's lines after defeating Anakin.

I also liked the saber fights but that was given.

badidea
Professional Poster
May 20, 2005, 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by andretan
I didn't like the part where Mace Windu was about to destroy Darth Sideous and Anakin suddenly stepped in and attacked Windu.

Then in the next scene, he was regretting his actions, and WHAM!, he was already Lord Vader.
Exactly my thoughts too!!

MallyMal
Grizzled Veteran
May 20, 2005, 03:27 AM

Also, Padme was pretty damn quick on her feet for a woman that was somewhere around 8-9 months pregnant.

Zimphire
Baninated
May 20, 2005, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by besson3c
Regarding Anakin's swift Sift conversion, I think it made some sense. Don't forget, Anakin had to make a split-second decision since Palpatine's life was at stake, and it didn't look like Mace was willing to wait while Anakin weighed the pros and cons.

After Anakin killed Mace, it might have been a little too quick, but it seemed obvious to me that he had no other choice as far as whether or not to join the Dark Side. The notion of him likely never being accepted as a Jedi for killing Mace probably tipped the scales so dramatically that the choice seemed clear to him at the time.

Or not... just my reaction.
Bingo.

Warung
Mac Elite
May 20, 2005, 07:30 AM

Overall my favorite Episode, even though I also believe the scenes moved a bit too quickly (almost like a cartoon).

The dialogue between Padme and Anakin was absolutely atrocious, - as were the “lines” by the droids (why do they constantly crack jokes?)

The Wookies were cool (except for the “Trazan cry” when they attacked one of the droid pods during the battle scene)

Obi Wan was by far the best developed character and the light saber battles rocked! So did most of the other fighting scenes…

Couple of things I would have liked to have seen:

- Leia and Luke growing up, - and the rebel alliance getting started (the building of the Death Star was a bit too soon for me, since Luke must have been around 18 in Episode IV, when the death star “just got finished”…I am sure it didn’t take 18 years to build the damn thing )

- Some reference to Han Solo (though there was a really short shot of the Millennium Falcon at the beginning of the Movie)

- Obi Wan should have tried to save Anakin from the Lava, and then have Anakin reject his help…something like that.

Oh, and concerning Ani’s conversion to the dark side, - he already was an annoyingly evil little pest in Episode I, - what happened with Palpatine was merely the last (small step), - his “little flirts” with Padme were far more “evil” than anything he did as Darth Vader.

8 out of 10 stars (mostly because of the dialogue)

Have you been touched by his noodly appendage?

Randman  (op)
Posting Junkie
May 20, 2005, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Warung
- Some reference to Han Solo (though there was a really short shot of the Millennium Falcon at the beginning of the Movie)
Was it? I looked but didn't see anything. The X-Wings were there and the Tie-Fighter sound. Though I liked how Obi-Wan's ship added the extra rockets for light-speed jumps.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

Severed Hand of Skywalker
Addicted to MacNN
May 20, 2005, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Randman
Was it? I looked but didn't see anything. The X-Wings were there and the Tie-Fighter sound. Though I liked how Obi-Wan's ship added the extra rockets for light-speed jumps.
Ya I saw it also in the beginning landing on the bottom right of some planet.

Anywho, the battle on the Wookiee planet sucked.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Randman  (op)
Posting Junkie
May 20, 2005, 10:19 AM

I think the wookie planet was unfinished business. I remember when Jedi came out, Lucas had said he wanted a wookie planet but went with the convenience of Ewoks on Endor instead.

Chuckmcd
Senior User
May 20, 2005, 10:21 AM

OK, I will admit that I haven't read through every post in this thread, but I just want to throw out a couple of thoughts about the movie.

First off, it was the best of the new movies done... I didn't leave feeling disappointed, but it did have some major problems.

1. Kenobi was great, props to McGregor for really making me love a character that was really just introduced in Ep IV.

2. The ending felt rushed. It was as if Lucas got so far and just decided to show snipets to wrap thing up. After the success of the LOTR and the anticipation of this movie in particular I wouldn't have minded an extra half an hour to show something that happened after Vader's rebirth.

3. The turn to the dark side was fast and seemingly without thought... oh I screwed up... ok I'll be evil now. I also think they irony of the fact that his turning to the dark side is what killed Padme, when he thought it would save her was lost in the editing and dialogue.

4. They took Vader, one the best villians ever... and ruined a decades old mistique by having him fall off the table, like frankenstien and then the "Noooooooo" scene... that was just cheesy. The same effect could have been had, only better, in dozens of ways... it was poorly written and poorly directed (IMHO).

The saber battles were awesome, and so much of the movie was good. I don't want to sound as if I didn't like it.... but some of these things just really bothered me.

Apple Pro Underwear
Addicted to MacNN
May 20, 2005, 10:35 AM

I just want to further say Episode 1 was not that bad. it starred Liam Neeson and Ewan McGregor and they are respectable as hell.

i haven't seen ep 1 or 2 since their original releases... but am willing to say I am glad Lucas did the prequels. I had fun over these last 7 years or so

so next decade I am looking forward to the episode 7 thru 9. BECAUSE GREED AND MONEY SHALL ALWAYS OVERCOME! and star wars is a billion dolla company by itself!

exca1ibur
Mac Elite
May 20, 2005, 11:06 AM

Hey, don't forget the Millenium Falcon was owned by Lando before Solo won it in a card game. However I'm betting it was neither at the times for 2 reasons...

1) Neither was a rebel or solider. They were bother rogues and scavengers.

2) They would be too young to be flying it. Solo was about 5 years older than Luke. Meaning both Lando and Han, would both have to be card sharks and scanvengers in their youthful years of abotu 5 years old.

badidea
Professional Poster
May 20, 2005, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Chuckmcd
OK, I will admit that I haven't read through every post in this thread, but I just want to throw out a couple of thoughts about the movie.

First off, it was the best of the new movies done... I didn't leave feeling disappointed, but it did have some major problems.

1. Kenobi was great, props to McGregor for really making me love a character that was really just introduced in Ep IV.

2. The ending felt rushed. It was as if Lucas got so far and just decided to show snipets to wrap thing up. After the success of the LOTR and the anticipation of this movie in particular I wouldn't have minded an extra half an hour to show something that happened after Vader's rebirth.

3. The turn to the dark side was fast and seemingly without thought... oh I screwed up... ok I'll be evil now. I also think they irony of the fact that his turning to the dark side is what killed Padme, when he thought it would save her was lost in the editing and dialogue.

4. They took Vader, one the best villians ever... and ruined a decades old mistique by having him fall off the table, like frankenstien and then the "Noooooooo" scene... that was just cheesy. The same effect could have been had, only better, in dozens of ways... it was poorly written and poorly directed (IMHO).

The saber battles were awesome, and so much of the movie was good. I don't want to sound as if I didn't like it.... but some of these things just really bothered me.
Very well said!!

finboy
May 20, 2005, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by iLikebeer
That wasn't in Palpatine's chamber, it was in the Jedi Temple. Palpatine was congratulating him on a job well done after Darth Vader killed all the kids.

Nope, that was footage of Anakin becoming Darth Vader, wasn't it?

Apple Pro Underwear
Addicted to MacNN
May 20, 2005, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by finboy
Nope, that was footage of Anakin becoming Darth Vader, wasn't it?
thats what i thought!

he doesn't kneel to palpy and gets "knighted" on every job well done

ManOfSteal
Addicted to MacNN
May 20, 2005, 12:17 PM

Okay, so it seems like Death Star I was created in little to no time. Luke is just a baby in SW 3, and in SW 4 I'd say he is roughly 18. It took 18 years to build Death Star II?

I cry foul.

Chuckmcd
Senior User
May 20, 2005, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Apple Pro Underwear
thats what i thought!

he doesn't kneel to palpy and gets "knighted" on every job well done
I thought the same thing... wouldn't it have been easier for the jedi to watch the chancelor from there... oh well.

I did see the falcon at the "airport" by the senate. I thought it was a cool throw back to the fans who noticed such things... and it fit since the falcon has been "modified" by the time of ep 4 and really looks like a peice of junk... so it was probably new-ish in ep 3.

One other thing... and this is as a parent. Why did the defeat of vader have to be so graphic? I wa sup late last nigth explaining the movie to my son. He would be scared as heck to watch that sequence, but it's killing him that he can't watch the movie right now. I don't get Lucas' desire to turn the first two into chilren's movies (stupid banter between droids and Jar Jar binks very existence I think point to that), and then either give those same kids nightmares of force them to wait for the DVD release so parents cans skip certain parts.

Granted, I enjoyed said scenes, but the same effect could have been done without causing the kiddies to not sleep well for a week.

blythe
May 20, 2005, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by MallyMal
3. The shattered window during the Windu/Palp fight.
I thought that was cool too. But with all that technology, haven't they got shatter-proof glass yet? Oh wait... this was a long time ago in a place far...
blythe

iKevin
Grizzled Veteran
May 20, 2005, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Apple Pro Underwear
word up

why do the pathetic droids even have voices with so much emotion?

the green alien serving the robot general had a voice that did not match his body.

why did the robot general cough? He has NO LUNGS! All he has is a heart that was way to exposed. It would dry up! Thats why we have skin!

also, for those of you who watched Clone Wars on the cartoon network... At the end Anakin was upgraded to Jedi knight right?

(Also, does it feel like our gripes with this movie are obvious like in the first 2 as well? Doesn't Lucas show this stuff to Spielberg? Could they not easily correct most of their mistakes if they did a little test screening?)
This is correct with the storyline as he wanted to become a Jedi Master and be on the council but wasn't allowed. He was already a Jedi Knight.

its Padawan > Knight > Master

calamar1
Mac Enthusiast
May 20, 2005, 12:30 PM

personally, i thought it exceeded almost every one of my expectations. a couple of counterpoints to some of the things being discussed here.

is it me, or were his facial expressions and statements at the time, the squinting, blinking, etc. and also the throbbing background sound effects suggesting that, having taken such a large step towards the dark side, he was now more susceptible to the emperor's will. as in, having opened the door, the emperor was using the force to really take control of him. that's the way i interpreted it.

4. They took Vader, one the best villians ever... and ruined a decades old mistique by having him fall off the table, like frankenstien and then the "Noooooooo" scene... that was just cheesy.
i thought so too, at first, but would it have been more plausible for him to suddenly be the badass from the original? he's more machine now than man, for sure, but he's just begun becoming twisted and evil.

i need to see it several more times at least.

Chuckmcd
Senior User
May 20, 2005, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by calamar1
is it me, or were his facial expressions and statements at the time, the squinting, blinking, etc. and also the throbbing background sound effects suggesting that, having taken such a large step towards the dark side, he was now more susceptible to the emperor's will. as in, having opened the door, the emperor was using the force to really take control of him. that's the way i interpreted it.
Point well taken, and that may have been the case... BUT... Anakin is one bad jedi. Knight, or Master, they made it very clear that he is more powerful than Obi One... there should have been a struggle. Chalk it up to bad acting, or bad direction... either way it should have been better

Originally Posted by calamar1
i thought so too, at first, but would it have been more plausible for him to suddenly be the badass from the original? he's more machine now than man, for sure, but he's just begun becoming twisted and evil.
No, the transition is important, and I loved that the first thing he asked about when he could talk was Padme... showed a cool side of vader that we'd never seen before. But then the pulling himself off... which looked like a scene from Frankenstien.... it should have been filmed differently.

budster101
Baninated
Location: Illinois might be cold and flat, but at least it's ugly.
May 20, 2005, 12:48 PM

18 years to build the deathstar: Sure, they had to go through several prototypes first, and it is the size of a MOON for crying out loud. What do you think that is, "Extreme Death Star Makeover"? They can't do it in a week, and if they did, it'd fall apart.

Dialogue? You want dialogue in a Star Wars movie? Ha-ha. Funny. ahem.

Maybe he should hire real actors next time.

E's Lil Theorem
Mac Elite
May 20, 2005, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by budster101

Pfft, he should have hired a real writer.

typoon
Addicted to MacNN
May 20, 2005, 01:00 PM

I thought the same thing... wouldn't it have been easier for the jedi to watch the chancelor from there... oh well.

I did see the falcon at the "airport" by the senate. I thought it was a cool throw back to the fans who noticed such things... and it fit since the falcon has been "modified" by the time of ep 4 and really looks like a peice of junk... so it was probably new-ish in ep 3.

One other thing... and this is as a parent. Why did the defeat of vader have to be so graphic? I wa sup late last nigth explaining the movie to my son. He would be scared as heck to watch that sequence, but it's killing him that he can't watch the movie right now. I don't get Lucas' desire to turn the first two into chilren's movies (stupid banter between droids and Jar Jar binks very existence I think point to that), and then either give those same kids nightmares of force them to wait for the DVD release so parents cans skip certain parts.

Granted, I enjoyed said scenes, but the same effect could have been done without causing the kiddies to not sleep well for a week.
I think it is because they were 2 different types of movies. The first 2 were more sort of upbeat showing Anakin growing up from being a carefree kid to him being a conflicted Padawan then in this one his dimise and rebirth as Vader.

If he didn't make the defeat of Anakin so graphic how else would he have done it? It would make you wonder how he became so disfigured when you saw him in Jedi after Luke takes his Mask off. I'm kind of glad Lucas made this one dark and a bit more graphic. I would have hated if he sugar coated the war.
"Evil is Powerless If the Good are Unafraid." -Ronald Reagan

Apple and Intel, the dawning of a NEW era.

budster101
Baninated
May 20, 2005, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by E's Lil Theorem
Pfft, he should have hired a real writer.
I should have bee a little more clear. I meant the people in the background, you know the CG characters? I know he had some decent lead actors, but of course they needed proper writing to follow and maybe motivation. Blue Screens are not much to motivate and inspire actors.

One word to describe Star Wars. DRY.

exca1ibur
Mac Elite
May 20, 2005, 01:23 PM

Several words to describe Star Wars. 'Multi-Billion Dollar, almost 30 year Franchise'

Obviously he did something right.

typoon
Addicted to MacNN
May 20, 2005, 01:32 PM

I actually wouldn't have minded if it was 3 hours. He could have developed a lot more that way. It would have been nice.

PJW
Forum Regular
May 20, 2005, 02:15 PM

For all those who say Anakin went over to the dark side too quickly, you need to keep in mind that he was already heading there before the movie even started. He had the fear and the arrogance that makes a Jedi susceptible to falling as soon as he began his training, and then there was the whole slaughter of the Tusken raiders and the conflicting emotions brought about by his love for Padme. Also, we are told that Anakin and Palpatine are friends, so I think it's safe to assume that Palpatine did spend a lot of time discretely pushing Anakin towards the dark side. He was just making his final move in this movie.

All three prequels focus on Anakin's journey to the dark side, so when viewed in that light his fall actually isn't as sudden as it seems.
Your services as a citizen, we regret to inform you, are no longer required.

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
May 20, 2005, 02:17 PM

It's extremely sudden. One moment he's freaking out because he's fought another Jedi (even though he didn't even kill him), and the next moment he's carving up little kids.

However, despite my dislike of the dialogue and much of the story in this movie, as usual Yoda just rocked.

PJW
Forum Regular
May 20, 2005, 02:18 PM

Lucas is really damned if he does and damned if he doesn't with this. People complain about the movies being too childish, so he shows a guy get his legs cut off and burned alive. Then people complain about the movie being too graphic and wanting it to be more suitable for kids.
Your services as a citizen, we regret to inform you, are no longer required.

Randman  (op)
Posting Junkie
May 20, 2005, 03:06 PM

One other thing... and this is as a parent. Why did the defeat of vader have to be so graphic? I wa sup late last nigth explaining the movie to my son. He would be scared as heck to watch that sequence, but it's killing him that he can't watch the movie right now.
That's what parental guidance is all about and props to Lucas for not waffling on the conversion to the dark side.

But look at Empire, the darkest of the first trilogy. Luke has his hand cut and finds out Vader's his dad, Solo is captured and packed in carbonite and taken away, Han and Leia are betrayed by Lando. Threepio is torn apart. Luke feels betrayed by Obi-wan. Han is tortured by Vader. Etc. Star Wars, in general, did have some dark themes.

That said, I liked the transition. How the Obi-Wan and Anakin worked so well at first and how they kicked butt, the humor with Artoo. Made the change happen quickly.

It was a little rushed but I didn't mind the change. I mean Anakin had been torn for some time and was edging over to the Dark Side since episode 2.

E's Lil Theorem
Mac Elite
May 20, 2005, 03:20 PM

18 years to build the deathstar: Sure, they had to go through several prototypes first, and it is the size of a MOON for crying out loud. What do you think that is, "Extreme Death Star Makeover"? They can't do it in a week, and if they did, it'd fall apart.

Dialogue? You want dialogue in a Star Wars movie? Ha-ha. Funny. ahem.

Ah, all right.

Originally Posted by exca1ibur
Several words to describe Star Wars. 'Multi-Billion Dollar, almost 30 year Franchise'

Obviously he did something right.
At $20B, I'd say he's done something right, too.
While Lucas himself has done very well--he's personally worth $3 billion, according to our ranking of the world's richest people--the amount of money generated by the Star Wars franchise over the course of its lifetime is sufficient to eclipse the annual gross domestic product of Paraguay--nearly $20 billion.
Linkage

budster101
Baninated
May 20, 2005, 04:21 PM

Bill Gates did something right as well.... infected the world with the largest virus around...and made Billions too. What is it with you people? 30 year franchise?

Star Wars Episode IV. The only movie I saw at the theater, and only one I will.
So basically, you celebrate his being a pure capitalist. I'll remember this next time you slam someone for making it big.

"It's just a movie."

Right.
To you geeks it's more like a RELIGION.

Another success story eh? The Roman Catholic Church.

Randman  (op)
Posting Junkie
May 20, 2005, 04:23 PM

Budster, have you ever made any sense? I mean, seriously dude, lay off the crack pipe a little.

typoon
Addicted to MacNN
May 20, 2005, 04:24 PM

Bill Gates did something right as well.... infected the world with the largest virus around...and made Billions too. What is it with you people? 30 year franchise?

So basically, you celebrate his being a pure capitalist. I'll remember this next time you slam someone for making it big.

"It's just a movie."

Right.
To you geeks it's more like a RELIGION.

Another success story eh? The Roman Catholic Church.
What's wrong with him being a capitalist?

You could say the same thing about a Mac. "It's just a computer"

To many Mac "geeks" it the Mac IS a Religion.
( Last edited by typoon; May 20, 2005 at 04:49 PM. )

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
May 20, 2005, 04:25 PM

Yeah, Windows and Office run much of the world. So what was your point?

"It's just a movie."
So why are you so adamant you haven't seen the other movies? I prefer to make my judgements on movies BY ACTUALLY WATCHING THEM.

Luca Rescigno
Professional Poster

Ditto.

IGNORE LIST'D!!!!

"That's Mama Luigi to you, Mario!" *wheeze*

budster101
Baninated

Because I'm no Lucas fanboy you think it's ok to personally attack me?
Maybe you should stop bending over and taking it up the preverbial butt.

Edit: While typing this a few comments were made.

I have seen the other movies, by renting them. I did attempt to see Episode I, but walked out of the theater and got my money back. It was worthless trash marketing nonsense. No story. Nothing worth paying for.

Luca: Ignore me if you want. Do you ignore everyone yo disagree with? I can't remember reading one of your posts, let alone knowing you even existed in these forums.

I'm just calling BS, and double-standard here, and none of you can take it.

Randman  (op)
Posting Junkie
May 20, 2005, 04:35 PM

Budster, in case you missed it, this thread is to discuss Revenge of the Sith. If you want to rant about other stuff, create your own thread.

Forum Links
Forum Rules