Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Mail.app help needed - message freezing the app

Mail.app help needed - message freezing the app
bluesloth
Sep 12, 2003, 07:11 PM

I have a message in Mail.app that every time I select it, the program freezes and I have to force quit. I can't even see the body of the message in the preview pane before the spinning beachball thing takes over.

Does anyone know what might be causing this?

Is there a way to delete this message without selecting it?

Thanks.

kennedy
Mac Elite
Sep 12, 2003, 08:36 PM

Originally posted by bluesloth:
Is there a way to delete this message without selecting it?
Sure. One way is to select some other message that you want to delete and then Cmd-Click the Mail-killer... that way you'll have both selected... when both are selected, it displays nothing in the preview pane and thus shouldn't invoke whatever is killing mail. Then hit Delete.

HTH.
Mac Nut since before color Macs, working for UT Austin Microcenter supporting Mac users

bluesloth  (op)
Sep 12, 2003, 09:47 PM

Good thinking. Worked perfectly. Thanks.

Whatever was wrong with that message, it was the closest I've come on a mac to virus. My schools network and most of the students have been hit hard the last couple of weeks by viruses (I'm in business school, so everyone has a PC but me). I just laugh at them.

Forum Links
Forum Rules