Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > Settings for sharing Telewest Blueyonder connection

Settings for sharing Telewest Blueyonder connection
AliP
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 11, 2005, 04:19 AM

I have an iMac G5 and my girlfriends XP laptop which wish to share my telewest cable connection.
I have a router connected to the cable modem and can get it configured to share the connection via the web interface.
Problem is when i shut down the mac or the laptop during the day and then start it up i seem to lose the connection and have to reboot the router and modem + go through the web interface to get it all working again.
So what am i doing wrong, what haven't i done right in order to maintain the connection and thus save me having to crawl under my desk each time i start up my mac?
Is there anyone out there with a similar setup who could walk me through the problem please.
I am not particuarly tech savvy so would appreciate simple answers.
KRO
Ali P

Forum Links
Forum Rules