Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > A couple of questions about my MacBook Pro

A couple of questions about my MacBook Pro
dainanaki
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 10, 2007, 05:21 AM

Hey everyone, I just got a new MacBook Pro about 3 weeks ago, and I'm wondering about a few things. So far, one of the speakers has begun to get crackly and I've got a few stuck pixels. How bad do these problems have to get in order to use my AppleCare warrantee? Also, since the new pros just came out, and I've had my pro for less than a month, is there any way I could just trade it in for the newer models? Or even if not able to trade in for the newer version, would I be able to pay the extra 100 bucks for the high res screen if they replace the current one?
Thanks for the help/

pcguy1
Jun 10, 2007, 07:14 AM

I don't think you can trade it in or upgrade a laptop lcd, however I do think you can return your laptop if you bought it in Apple Store and take a 10% restocking fee before your 1mt is up.
Do not settle for the world in shades of grey

uicandrew
Senior User
Jun 10, 2007, 11:12 AM

isn't the time limit 2 weeks (for restocking fee)?
Mac User since Summer 2005 (started with G4 mini bought from macnn forums!)

dainanaki  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 10, 2007, 11:55 AM

Ok, so upgrading may not be an option then, but if applecare replaces anything in the future, do they keep a stock of my older motherboard variety and all, or would I get the equivalent current part in their current 17-inch model?

Forum Links
Forum Rules