Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > 30gb iPod acting sluggish

30gb iPod acting sluggish
dreamBweaver
Forum Regular
Aug 30, 2003, 03:20 PM

Lately my 30gb iPod takes a few extra moments (up to 10 seconds) after I press the middle button to select something. Why would it be responding so slowly? This happens all the time - when I've just turned it on or when I've been using it a bit.
Looking forward.

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 30, 2003, 05:29 PM

Does it happen when you navigate just anywhere? Or is it only when listing the artists or albums? I have 22.3GB of music on mine, with 446 artists and 438 albums. I notice when browsing and entering the list of artists or albums it takes a few seconds to load them all. But nowhere near 10 seconds.

dreamBweaver  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 31, 2003, 01:25 AM

Originally posted by ::maroma:::
Does it happen when you navigate just anywhere? Or is it only when listing the artists or albums? I have 22.3GB of music on mine, with 446 artists and 438 albums. I notice when browsing and entering the list of artists or albums it takes a few seconds to load them all. But nowhere near 10 seconds.
It occurred with all menus.
Looking forward.

CIA
Mac Elite
Aug 31, 2003, 10:53 AM

My 30GB acts the same way. It just takes awhile to load the info for the menu's. Esp. the song menus. Mine is nearly full also.

chabig
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 31, 2003, 11:49 AM

Mine is the same. I think it's directly related to the number of songs you have.

Chris

dreamBweaver  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 31, 2003, 02:05 PM

Originally posted by CIA:
My 30GB acts the same way. It just takes awhile to load the info for the menu's. Esp. the song menus. Mine is nearly full also.
I have barely any space also. Oh well
Looking forward.

Forum Links
Forum Rules