Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > 10.2.8. - New OSD for Command and other Hot-Keys

10.2.8. - New OSD for Command and other Hot-Keys
dreamBweaver
Forum Regular
Sep 24, 2003, 11:30 PM

Just the day after I updated to 10.2.8 I was typing in Adobe Acrobat and hit the Command Key. A small clover transperantly was superimposed near top right corner of my screen. The control, shift, and option keys did the same. I don't believe it was a feature of Acrobat...
I want to know what feature this is. The keyboard and Universal Access control panels don't seem to have a setting for this. I didn't even realize OS X had something like this...so I guessed it's something 10.2.8 added? And weirdly enough, the OSD has stopped coming up.
Looking forward.

Art Vandelay
Professional Poster
Sep 25, 2003, 12:01 AM

That's part of Sticky Keys, which has been around for awhile, probably back to 10.2.
Vandelay Industries

jayg
Sep 25, 2003, 12:29 AM

Maybe this isn't new, but it's the first time I've ever seen it in OS X. Though I don't need the feature, the execution is sure slick. People should turn it on just to see. You can even drag the symbols around to where you want to see them on the screen.

dreamBweaver  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 25, 2003, 12:59 AM

Thanks. I'm leaving this on for a while to see if it becomes distracting, but the eye candy is so cool.
Looking forward.

blackbird_1.0
Mac Elite
Sep 25, 2003, 01:06 AM

yeah its been there at least as for back as 10.2.0
Apple II GS | Powerbook 165 | iMac Rev. A 96mb RAM| iBook G3 500mhz, 128mb RAM | Power Macintosh G5 1.6ghz, 2.25gb RAM | Black MacBook 2ghz, 2gb RAM | iPhone Rev. A 8gb HD

Forum Links
Forum Rules