Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Do you shower at the gym?

Do you shower at the gym? (Page 2)
Railroader
Banned
Mar 11, 2007, 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by dcmacdaddy View Post
Gay Catholic MEN jump Catholic BOYS.

There is no equality in that situation as there would be with adults in a gym.
I am not surprised you don't get it. Carry on.

King Bob On The Cob
Mac Elite
Mar 11, 2007, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by mrtew View Post
Because naked women need protection from horny straight guys but straight men don't need protection from gay guys. Gay guys don't jump straight guys.
I hope there's some sarcasm there that I'm just not getting...

wallinbl
Professional Poster
Mar 11, 2007, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Salty View Post
I remember once catching one of my teachers coming out of the shower in the change room in Jr. High... that was awkward...
I bet that's what turned you gay! Your mom should sue the guy. Of course, he probably doesn't have as much money as Prince.

theoleo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 24, 2008, 04:30 AM

As a gay man I get a sense of confidence when showering at the gym. It depresses me when a guy is too uptight to shower, it almost hurts my feelings. when a man is comfortable enough to be naked around other men(including myselfof course) makes me (as a gay man with insecurities) more assured that I am a just as much of a man as any other out there. anyone who showers at the gym doesnt care who checks them out, everyone checks everyone out. girls do it all the time. They can admit it. there is a line to be crossed in locker room ettiquette. I feel crossing that line can just justify sterotypes. Bottom line, guys dont mind showing off, checking each other out, comparing. Its human nature.

theoleo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 24, 2008, 04:35 AM

I'd rather shower with straight men, and I'm gay.

theoleo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 24, 2008, 04:42 AM

as a gay man it is nice to see another guy naked.... but we have been conditioned to know when someone wants us to look. a little showing off is healthy, but I have learned that some guys just want to get clean. I have felt the same way. I have had guys checking me out on a day I'm not in the mood. It's a chance you take, who cares.

theoleo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 24, 2008, 05:03 AM

that happened to me as well, It was wierd. It took me a long time to process it. After I did I thought it was hot. But then I realized I was 16 and he was twentysomething. hee hee It wasnt fair he saw me naked and I didnt see him naked. He was alot hotter than me.

theoleo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 24, 2008, 05:09 AM

[UOTE=memlife is short get clean and show off for your mates! who cares everybody goes the direction thier heart tells them!!!ory-minus;3322238]Good point, never really thought of it like that. Although I've had no traceable health issue associated with showering at the gym, I just kinda figured it was mostly whether or not people were shy, didn't want to be "caught looking," etc.[/QUOTE]

mrtew
Professional Poster
Jan 24, 2008, 07:26 AM

Don't worry, you'll get the hang of posting on forums someday.

I love the U.S., but we need some time apart.

Oisín
Moderator Emeritus
Jan 24, 2008, 07:47 AM

theoleo:

There’s this smart little button below the text field that says, “Quote message in reply?”.

Tick that one, and people might actually know what you’re talking about.

(Also, there’s a rule here about not reviving threads that are more than six months old; and this one is from March last year.)

Just to go on topic for a moment: I agree with memory-minus about pretty much all of what he said (except the hyperbolic part).

I used to be extremely insecure about myself and my own body, and would avoid showering or changing in public at pretty much any cost (to the point where I’d make sure to be the first person back to the changing rooms after PE in school, so that I could get my stuff and run off before the teacher came back and locked the doors—yes, our idiot teacher locked the doors and made sure you’d showered before letting anyone out). Since growing up (in several senses of the word), though, I’ve found myself caring less and less. If fat old men with hairy backs can shower in public and not get minority complexes about it, surely I can overcome my fears that everyone’s staring at me and laughing.

I don’t work out much (I’m far too lazy for that), but when I do, it’s at the gym at school, which mainly seems to cater to quite buff college types. So I should have plenty of ogling opportunities. Except there’s never anyone there and I always end up being alone when changing and showering, anyway, so the point of whether I’d ogle or not is kind of moot. But yes, of course I’d ogle, as would/does anyone. If people can’t take being ogled by a stranger when he’s naked in a public setting, he shouldn’t be naked in a public setting. I should know, I used to use that solution.

(Actually, there are individual stalls at the school gym, for some reason, with doors and all, but there’s barely any ventilation there, so you have to keep the door open when showering anyway. Quite silly, really, since it means they can only fit in three shower rooms in a space that might otherwise easily have accommodated five or six. Oh well.)
( Last edited by Oisín; Jan 24, 2008 at 07:56 AM. )

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 24, 2008, 08:13 PM

straight

I shower at the gym. After a workout, more specifically after going into the saunas. Most of the time after a workout I just go home. When I was working on my bathroom and teh shower was out of commission, I went to the gym to shower in the mornings. Membership has its privileges.

Cipher13
Jan 24, 2008, 11:08 PM

23, straight, I don't cause it's gross.

It isn't because I'm shy (the gym I go to has private stalls), but I'd just rather not shower where any manner of things could be on the floor, walls, taps, etc. It's a quick drive home, and I don't sweat much anyway.

Oh, and I can't believe I read an entire zombie thread involving Superchicken.

design219
Professional Poster
Jan 24, 2008, 11:15 PM

What happened to him? Where is he?

My stupid iPhone game: Nesen Probe, it's rather old, annoying and pointless, but it's free.
Was free. Now it's gone. Never to be seen again.
Off to join its brother and sister apps that could not
keep up with the ever updating iOS. RIP Nesen Probe.

design219
Professional Poster
Jan 24, 2008, 11:16 PM

And speaking of mia's, what's become of Ca$h?

My stupid iPhone game: Nesen Probe, it's rather old, annoying and pointless, but it's free.
Was free. Now it's gone. Never to be seen again.
Off to join its brother and sister apps that could not
keep up with the ever updating iOS. RIP Nesen Probe.

mrtew
Professional Poster
Jan 25, 2008, 12:33 AM

Probably in the shower at the gym! Kevin's gone too!

I love the U.S., but we need some time apart.

Forum Links
Forum Rules