Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Delay on quitting Netscape

Delay on quitting Netscape
Patrick
Mac Elite
Jul 28, 2001, 02:12 PM

I think this has only started happening recently, but it's got me stumped:

Whenever I quit Netscape Communicator, there's a longer than usual delay in which I can't do anything. It sounds like something is being read off the HD, but I wouldn't know what. I'm using a rev. A iMac with 8.6 and Netscape 4.78 (though it happened before I upgraded from 4.77). I do have virtual memory on, but I doubt that's part of the problem.

ctt1wbw
Mac Elite
Jul 28, 2001, 04:44 PM

I have noticed something similiar when I quit Mozilla 0.9.2 on OS X. It takes a little longer to quit than other
browsers do, but not by much. I can perform other tasks while this is going on. I have not noticed your problem
when using Netscape for OS 9.1.

Subzero Diesel949
Jul 29, 2001, 03:18 AM

Originally posted by Patrick:
<STRONG>I think this has only started happening recently, but it's got me stumped:

Whenever I quit Netscape Communicator, there's a longer than usual delay in which I can't do anything. It sounds like something is being read off the HD, but I wouldn't know what. I'm using a rev. A iMac with 8.6 and Netscape 4.78 (though it happened before I upgraded from 4.77). I do have virtual memory on, but I doubt that's part of the problem.</STRONG>
How much RAM do you have?

Patrick  (op)
Mac Elite
Jul 29, 2001, 06:51 PM

Originally posted by Subzero Diesel949:
<STRONG>

How much RAM do you have?</STRONG>

64MB RAM, with virtual memory set to 65MB. I know Netscape sucks when it comes to dealing with memory; I get type 2 errors all the time.

Forum Links
Forum Rules