Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Norton Utilities question

Norton Utilities question
Patrick
Mac Elite
May 17, 1999, 06:47 PM

I just ran a check on my hard disk using Norton Disk Doctor 4.03, and it reported damaged resource forks to a whole bunch of files that appeared to be Sherlock plugins. So I tried using Sherlock, but it works fine.

Since it seems like there isn't really a problem, could it be that NDD just isn't recognizing the files and reporting an error? I recently upgraded to system 8.6, and didn't have the problem before this.

Marc Norman
May 19, 1999, 04:06 PM

I have run into similar problems with my copy of Norton's. My suggestion is to let Norton's fix the reported problems, after backing up the affected files. I have yet to have a problem with NDD. (BTW, CrashGuard sucks!!)

Boondoggle
Grizzled Veteran
May 21, 1999, 10:22 AM

Yeah I would go ahead and fix them. Worst case you have to go download them again. plug-ins are not hard to get. Saving corrupted ones isn't the best way to go.

I agree about CrashGuard. My computers all crashed WAY more often with it enabled. I got rid of it.

Also, I use Alsoft DiskWarrior. It is AWSOME at directory repair. Way better than NDD, but best used in conjunction.

1.25GHz PowerBook

i vostri seni sono spettacolari

Forum Links
Forum Rules