Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > MS Longhorn Blues: Pre-Alpha Pirated in Malaysia

MS Longhorn Blues: Pre-Alpha Pirated in Malaysia
DBursey
Professional Poster
Dec 2, 2003, 12:09 PM

From BBC technology news:

Microsoft suffers Longhorn loss

Pirated versions of Microsoft's next generation operating system are on sale in Malaysia, more than a year before the official release date.

The software, codenamed Longhorn, is on sale in Johor Baru, a city in southern Malaysia, costing less than $2. A Microsoft spokesman told the BBC it believed pirates obtained one of 8,000 trial copies of Longhorn handed out to programmers at the Professional Developers Conference held in Los Angeles in October.

The software is still in an early stage of development known as pre-alpha.

The company says it would be extremely risky to load the still unstable operating system onto a home computer.
In other words, ya gets what ya pays for, and in some parts $2 buys a lot of instability!

For Bill the question remains: Can MS get a handle on their many and varied security issues? Aren't credibility and share price at stake?

Stratus Fear
Senior User
Dec 2, 2003, 01:26 PM

Originally posted by DBursey:
In other words, ya gets what ya pays for, and in some parts $2 buys a lot of instability!

For Bill the question remains: Can MS get a handle on their many and varied security issues? Aren't credibility and share price at stake? [/B]
"pre-alpha"

Zimphire
Baninated
Dec 2, 2003, 01:30 PM

The company says it would be extremely risky to load the still unstable operating system onto a home computer

How is this any different than any other version of Windows?

soul searching
Mac Elite
Dec 2, 2003, 01:33 PM

Originally posted by Stratus Fear:
"pre-alpha"
I've played with it. Seemed okay. Then again the only working application on it was IE.

"I think of lotteries as a tax on the mathematically challenged." -- Roger Jones

Stratus Fear
Senior User
Dec 2, 2003, 01:33 PM

Originally posted by Zimphire:

How is this any different than any other version of Windows? [/B]
How is any other version of Windows inherently unstable? I'm still waiting to have a BSOD or any type of crash on my XP install

Stratus Fear
Senior User
Dec 2, 2003, 01:34 PM

Originally posted by soul searching:
I've played with it. Seemed okay. Then again the only working application on it was IE.
I thought it was funny that it took the taskbar three minutes to be able to respond to user input. Couldn't get networking to work either so Internet Explorer was useless to me.

Zimphire
Baninated
Dec 2, 2003, 01:54 PM

How is any other version of Windows inherently unstable?
AHhahaha

The Godfather
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 2, 2003, 02:03 PM

Originally posted by soul searching:
[Longhorn] seemed okay.
Must be the best Windows ever!

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Dec 2, 2003, 03:12 PM

Originally posted by The Godfather:
Must be the best Windows ever!
If Microsoft managed to squeeze a "just OK" out of someone, I think we're screwed.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

Stratus Fear
Senior User
Dec 2, 2003, 04:21 PM

AHhahaha
Don't give me a real response or anything. Sigh, I guess you really don't have anything to say, huh?

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Dec 2, 2003, 05:01 PM

How is any other version of Windows inherently unstable? I'm still waiting to have a BSOD or any type of crash on my XP install
Great, go lookm at my dad's Gateway. Only 6 months old, 3 installs of XP, and the damned thing crashes 2-3 times a day. Windows is just a steaming pile of sh!t.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Beewee
Mac Elite
Dec 2, 2003, 05:30 PM

This is the funniest thing I have read all day.

Stratus Fear
Senior User
Dec 2, 2003, 06:14 PM

Originally posted by MacNStein:
Great, go lookm at my dad's Gateway. Only 6 months old, 3 installs of XP, and the damned thing crashes 2-3 times a day. Windows is just a steaming pile of sh!t.
What do you expect? It's a Gateway.

OwlBoy
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 2, 2003, 07:18 PM

Moooooo

Zimphire
Baninated
Dec 3, 2003, 12:49 AM

Don't give me a real response or anything. Sigh, I guess you really don't have anything to say, huh?
Windows hardly has a reputation for being a stable solid OS.

XP is going in the right direction. But it's not there yet.

Windows is still a bit Dodgy.

Zimphire
Baninated
Dec 3, 2003, 12:51 AM

What is funny about this, I hear a variation of this from all the MS apologists.

"What do you expect, It's a Dell"
"What do you expect, it's a Compaq"
"What do you expect, it's a Sony"
"What do you expect, you installed it on a computer you built yourself"

I've heard all of them. What exactly is Windows supposed to run good on?

Speckledstone
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 3, 2003, 01:45 AM

First, the 'adorable' comment in the 'most you spent on "Art"' thread . And now this ^.
Who's writing for you today Zim?

Zimphire
Baninated
Dec 3, 2003, 01:55 AM

Originally posted by Speckledstone:
First, the 'adorable' comment in the 'most you spent on "Art"' thread . And now this ^.
Who's writing for you today Zim?
I've been wearing my Christmas codpiece.

It makes me more jolly.

driven
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 3, 2003, 02:12 AM

Come to my house. :-(

wang_himself
Senior User
Dec 3, 2003, 03:16 AM

Who would be a complete tard and install a pre-alpha release OS on thier box?

I have a better idea. Lets all install Windows for Workgroups and treat it as a secure OS!
/hi

Stratus Fear
Senior User
Dec 3, 2003, 03:21 AM

Windows hardly has a reputation for being a stable solid OS.
That doesn't mean XP is crap. Most of the problems I see people having with XP are due to poorly built machines

Stratus Fear
Senior User
Dec 3, 2003, 03:22 AM

What is funny about this, I hear a variation of this from all the MS apologists.

"What do you expect, It's a Dell"
"What do you expect, it's a Compaq"
"What do you expect, it's a Sony"
"What do you expect, you installed it on a computer you built yourself"

I've heard all of them. What exactly is Windows supposed to run good on?
A computer not built by an idiot or a corporation full of idiots. I'd be willing to bet that if Apple sold Windows PCs, they'd actually work.

Zimphire
Baninated
Dec 3, 2003, 03:23 AM

That doesn't mean XP is crap. Most of the problems I see people having with XP are due to poorly built machines
I rest my case.

Zimphire
Baninated
Dec 3, 2003, 03:24 AM

A computer not built by an idiot or a corporation full of idiots. I'd be willing to bet that if Apple sold Windows PCs, they'd actually work.
Stratus what I am seeing is, people are saying that the only way to get Windows to work right is to hire someone professionally to build you a specific Windows stable machine.

Sorry if I don't buy this load of manure.

And if that is the case, that doesn't say much about Windows, OR the open hardware market.

I have used all kinds of Windows boxes. Ones built by seasoned veterans.

It doesn't matter.

Stratus Fear
Senior User
Dec 3, 2003, 03:39 AM

Stratus what I am seeing is, people are saying that the only way to get Windows to work right is to hire someone professionally to build you a specific Windows stable machine.

Sorry if I don't buy this load of manure.

And if that is the case, that doesn't say much about Windows, OR the open hardware market.

I have used all kinds of Windows boxes. Ones built by seasoned veterans.

It doesn't matter.
I can say the same thing back to you. I don't buy this load of manure. I don't see why I should believe something from a bunch of obviously partial users on a Mac site when I manage a house full of machines, Mac and Windows alike, that work for the most part just perfectly fine.

I also believe that the majority of Mac users greatly exaggerate the problems they've had with Windows, and understate any problems they've ever had with a Mac. I've seen it from the other side against Macs, too, and I think they're just as ignorantly biased.

Anyway, I haven't had a prebuilt Windows machine that has had serious problems, but I tend not to trust them because I believe they're generally poorly configured compared to a comparable class of a Mac. And to conclude, I'm going to continue thinking of Mac and PC elitists alike as idiots because I honestly don't think either side has any idea of what it's really talking about.

chalk_outline
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 3, 2003, 03:40 AM

I have a stable XP box. With crappy hardware.

I still prefer my Macintosh.

god damn this is like drooling over a chick on the internet. you'll never get it.

wang_himself
Senior User
Dec 3, 2003, 03:41 AM

I can make any OS easily run like **** on any machine taht supports that particular OS.

I can make almost any OS run stable on any machine that supports that particular OS.

There are a few truely **** OS's out there.

Windows for the most part is not one of them.

Windows 2000 in my professional opinion is one of the more stable OS's out there. OS X does a great job too. So does OS/2 and Red Hat 8.0.

If the world was inverted and macs and linux ruled the world those os's would be just as screwed. The number of viruses that would exist for them would be just as insane as the ones taht exist for windows.

Trust me that it is just a matter of time before peopel stop playing around and creaturre destructive category 5 viruses that can identfy your OS and feed you the proper package in order to bend you over. People may claim that the file size will be too big, ie 500k. Big deal, high speed internet is invading the world. Soon 500k will be nothing to transmit.

Anyway can someone invent a PHP spell checker. That is a bigger issue tahn the flame war that is begining in this thread.

PS

+1
/hi

Zimphire
Baninated
Dec 3, 2003, 03:44 AM

Stratus:

I am not exaggerating anything. I have no loyalty to Apple. I would use something else if it was better for what I do.

Windows has a solid history of being a dodgy, buggy, security hole of a OS.

It didn't get this rep by just Mac users slamming it.

It got it because it deserved it.

Don't act like you have no idea why Windows has gotten a bad rep.

No one is exaggerating anything.

While OS X is hardly perfect or close to it, it's still not as dodgy as Windows.

Lets hope MS gets it right with Longhorn. If they do, I'll probably switch over.

But with MS not really changing their ways as of late, I don't see it happening.

I hope I am proved wrong.

If you have to build a specific computer with certain parts, and build it a certain way, Windows broad hardware support means nothing.

And this means MS has poor hardware support.

I hear WIndows user brag about all the hardware Windows supports, and in the same breath, claim you have to build a specialty home built machine with hand picked parts for it to work well.

Sounds dodgy to me.

I'd rather just buy a Mac, and have it work for the most part.

Stratus Fear
Senior User
Dec 3, 2003, 03:48 AM

I am not exaggerating anything. I have no loyalty to Apple. I would use something else if it was better for what I do.

Windows has a solid history of being a dodgy, buggy, security hole of a OS.

It didn't get this rep by just Mac users slamming it.

It got it because it deserved it.

Don't act like you have no idea why Windows has gotten a bad rep.

No one is exaggerating anything.

While OS X is hardly perfect or close to it, it's still not as dodgy as Windows.

Lets hope MS gets it right with Longhorn. If they do, I'll probably switch over.

But with MS not really changing their ways as of late, I don't see it happening.

I hope I am proved wrong.

If you have to build a specific computer with certain parts, and build it a certain way, Windows broad hardware support means nothing.

And this means MS has poor hardware support.
I bet if the majority of the market actually cared about Mac OS, people would find just as many security holes and exploits. I also think that if Mac OS had to support as much hardware, it would have problems running on a broad range of machines. Look at Linux hardware support -- they try to support a somewhat wide range of hardware, and a lot of things end up broken or not working with some hardware. So really, what do you expect? Also, hardware support is generally not a problem with the OS, but the crappy drivers that the hardware manufacturers write. You know how for years people were complaining about ATi's video drivers for Windows. Finally, they're up to snuff and working fairly well.

torsoboy
Mac Elite
Dec 3, 2003, 03:53 AM

just to throw in my two cents... the computer i am using has windows xp on it and it is very stable. bought this thing a year and a half ago and it has never crashed and i have never had to re-install anything. i have tons of software on it also (visual studio .net, dreamweaver mx, photoshop, office xp, etc...); as a result of this good experience i believe that the os is good and that some people just mess up their computers on their own. it could be the hardware, but this is an HP so you can't get much worse in that area.

Zimphire
Baninated
Dec 3, 2003, 03:54 AM

I bet if the majority of the market actually cared about Mac OS, people would find just as many security holes and exploits.

They care, they just can't afford.

And while that is a pretty good rationalization, we don't or wont know unless it happens.

I also think that if Mac OS had to support as much hardware, it would have problems running on a broad range of machines.

Right. But Apple doesn't brag about how much hardware it supports. MS does. I think they use the term "support" too lightly.

Also, hardware support is generally not a problem with the OS, but the crappy drivers that the hardware manufacturers write. You know how for years people were complaining about ATi's video drivers for Windows. Finally, they're up to snuff and working fairly well.
You would think MS would be more willing to help the 3rd parties out a bit more.

And the driver excuse I hear a lot too.

Doesn't matter WHOs fault it is. The over all experience is what matters.

I think MS tried to bite off more than it can chew. Or is willing to chew.

That is why I have ALWAYS thought such large hardware support was overrated.

And it is.

I have never met a person in real life that has never had XP crash.

Most of the stories I hear are by Windows fan boys who come into Macintosh forums to defend MS and Windows.

Those can easily be labeled as zealots. Same goes with people that say OS X has never crashed on them.

If it hasn't they are lucky.

One of the main thing that bothers me in XP is the flickering GUI. How the desktop icons will flicker whenever a window is closed, which also flickers.

Not smooth at all. Very dodgy.

Zimphire
Baninated
Dec 3, 2003, 04:00 AM

Originally posted by torsoboy:
just to throw in my two cents... the computer i am using has windows xp on it and it is very stable. bought this thing a year and a half ago and it has never crashed and i have never had to re-install anything. i have tons of software on it also (visual studio .net, dreamweaver mx, photoshop, office xp, etc...); as a result of this good experience i believe that the os is good and that some people just mess up their computers on their own. it could be the hardware, but this is an HP so you can't get much worse in that area.
Yeah it could NEVER be XP that is causing people to be having problems.

It's always either.

1. Hardware
2. Drivers
3. Someone MUST have did something to mess it up

I never see a Windows fan boy ever admit that Windows just might be a problem to someone who has decent hardware and drivers, and knows what he or she is doing.

And I would say the same thing to a Mac user who claimed as much too.

No operating system is perfect. They all have their faults.

Windows just has a history of being one of the worst.

Stratus Fear
Senior User
Dec 3, 2003, 04:03 AM

They care, they just can't afford.
Riiight...

Right. But Apple doesn't brag about how much hardware it supports. MS does. I think they use the term "support" too lightly.
It's a marketing point, not a brag...

You would think MS would be more willing to help the 3rd parties out a bit more.
WHQL exists for this reason. Oddly enough, a number of the drivers I see crashing Windows aren't certified. Who woulda thunk it?

That is why I have ALWAYS thought such large hardware support was overrated.
Maybe...until you buy a piece of hardware that isn't supported by your system.

One of the main thing that bothers me in XP is the flickering GUI. How the desktop icons will flicker whenever a window is closed, which also flickers.

Not smooth at all. Very dodgy.
You do realize the icons "flicker" because the OS is refreshing the desktop folder due to possible changes in the filesystem, right? This is the way the procedure was coded, and if you consider that a point of argument, then I feel sorry for you. It's not a good one.
( Last edited by Stratus Fear; Dec 3, 2003 at 04:11 AM. )

Stratus Fear
Senior User
Dec 3, 2003, 04:06 AM

Yeah it could NEVER be XP that is causing people to be having problems.

It's always either.

1. Hardware
2. Drivers
3. Someone MUST have did something to mess it up

I never see a Windows fan boy ever admit that Windows just might be a problem to someone who has decent hardware and drivers, and knows what he or she is doing.

And I would say the same thing to a Mac user who claimed as much too.

No operating system is perfect. They all have their faults.

Windows just has a history of being one of the worst.
I've never seen a Mac fanboy do anything other than call Windows the worst OS and then provide no substantial evidence as support. If all you can do is blame the OS but offer no logical reason as to why, should I believe you? Why should I believe you, when, for example, most BSODs are related to a misbehaving 3rd party driver? If you ever read the output of some of those BSODs, you'd know that it's usually a driver from a 3rd party that doesn't have any decent QA.

mixin visuals
Mac Elite
Dec 3, 2003, 04:20 AM

malaysia will be the next link of terrorism we should hit

nobody should do this to microsoft!~ hehe
Technology, Computing & Creativity - www.clubmedia.com

Overflowing with Design Links - www.mixinvisuals.com

VW Sites.com - Links to the Volkswagen World - www.vwsites.com

Zimphire
Baninated
Dec 3, 2003, 04:28 AM

It's a marketing point, not a brag...
Heh.. what do you think a marketing point is? Come on, that was a poor attempt at being apologetic.

WHQL exists for this reason. Oddly enough, a number of the drivers I see crashing Windows aren't certified. Who woulda thunk it?

What does it take to be certified and how much does it cost?

Maybe...until you buy a piece of hardware that isn't supported by your system.
Why would I buy a piece of hardware that didn't support a Mac? That would be silly.

You do realize the icons "flicker" because the OS is refreshing the desktop folder due to possible changes in the filesystem, right? This is the way the procedure was coded, and if you consider that a point of argument, then I feel sorry for you. It's not a good one.
LOL! Yes it is a good one. That flickering every dang time is dang annoying. And it's very dodgy.

That is why a lot of people comment on the MacOSs elegance. It refreshes, no flicker.

There is no excuse for this. You writing it off as it being not something worth complaining about is showing just how apologetic your stance is. Exactly how much of a Windows fan boy are you?

I've never seen a Mac fanboy do anything other than call Windows the worst OS and then provide no substantial evidence as support.

Well you aren't looking very carefully then. No evidence? Come on.. You really don't have your rose colored MS glasses on do you?

If all you can do is blame the OS but offer no logical reason as to why, should I believe you? Why should I believe you, when, for example, most BSODs are related to a misbehaving 3rd party driver? If you ever read the output of some of those BSODs, you'd know that it's usually a driver from a 3rd party that doesn't have any decent QA.
And I said I am sure some of them are. But to deny ANY of these problems are Windows based is making you look zealous in nature.

I can admit the MacOS has problems. And there are buggy parts that screw things up.

Why can't you admit the same about Windows?

If your sucking up to get that free copy of IE 6 that Bill promised you, let me let you in on a hint. Anyone can get it for free.

soul searching
Mac Elite
Dec 3, 2003, 04:33 AM

Originally posted by wang_himself:
Who would be a complete tard and install a pre-alpha release OS on thier box?
As long as you don't treat it as your main OS I think it's a fine idea to get your hands dirty with it. I've done this with windows for a long time and started doing it with Mac OS X during it's developer previews.

I don't have an XP box but I do have a Win98 one that works just fine. It's been said here, and in other places as well, that computers are tools and should be treated as such. Use the one that best fits your needs. Or do like some of us and have one of each .

"I think of lotteries as a tax on the mathematically challenged." -- Roger Jones

Stratus Fear
Senior User
Dec 3, 2003, 10:57 AM

Heh.. what do you think a marketing point is? Come on, that was a poor attempt at being apologetic.
[/b]
What does it take to be certified and how much does it cost?
[/b] Why would I buy a piece of hardware that didn't support a Mac? That would be silly.

LOL! Yes it is a good one. That flickering every dang time is dang annoying. And it's very dodgy.

That is why a lot of people comment on the MacOSs elegance. It refreshes, no flicker.

There is no excuse for this. You writing it off as it being not something worth complaining about is showing just how apologetic your stance is. Exactly how much of a Windows fan boy are you?

[/b]
Well you aren't looking very carefully then. No evidence? Come on.. You really don't have your rose colored MS glasses on do you?

And I said I am sure some of them are. But to deny ANY of these problems are Windows based is making you look zealous in nature.

I can admit the MacOS has problems. And there are buggy parts that screw things up.

Why can't you admit the same about Windows?

If your sucking up to get that free copy of IE 6 that Bill promised you, let me let you in on a hint. Anyone can get it for free. [/B]
If you've started calling me a Windows fanboy, then this isn't worth my time, "Mac fanboy."

Zimphire
Baninated
Dec 3, 2003, 12:40 PM

If you've started calling me a Windows fanboy, then this isn't worth my time, "Mac fanboy."
When you act like one, you know, not being able to admit XP has faults, Blaming ANY problems people are having with Windows based machines on ANYTHING BUT XP as if it was infallible people tend to get the impression that you are indeed a MS apologist. Or fanboy.

However your claim of me being a Mac fanboy is off base.

I can admit OS X has problems. I have no allegiance to Apple. I don't go into PC forums and defend Apple.

Can you see the difference?

Until MS does a complete turn around, Windows will always be known as a hole filled dodgy OS.

I don't see it changing soon.

Longhorn looks to be MSs Copland.

kmkkid
Professional Poster
Dec 3, 2003, 01:51 PM

This thread is a joke.

Your new writing style sucks Zimphire, create some proper paragraphs.

Chris

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Dec 3, 2003, 02:04 PM

Calling Windows unstable is the "Mac" thing to say.

Stratus Fear
Senior User
Dec 3, 2003, 02:26 PM

When you act like one, you know, not being able to admit XP has faults, Blaming ANY problems people are having with Windows based machines on ANYTHING BUT XP as if it was infallible people tend to get the impression that you are indeed a MS apologist. Or fanboy.

However your claim of me being a Mac fanboy is off base.

I can admit OS X has problems. I have no allegiance to Apple. I don't go into PC forums and defend Apple.

Can you see the difference?

Until MS does a complete turn around, Windows will always be known as a hole filled dodgy OS.

I don't see it changing soon.

Longhorn looks to be MSs Copland.
I never said there was nothing wrong with XP. I'm giving you answers to some common problems with XP, and you're denying that they could possibly be true. You seem like much more of a fanboy to me than I do to myself.

Stratus Fear
Senior User
Dec 3, 2003, 02:26 PM

Originally posted by Wiskedjak:
That's what I figured

Zimphire
Baninated
Dec 3, 2003, 02:38 PM

Originally posted by kmkkid:
This thread is a joke.

Your new writing style sucks Zimphire, create some proper paragraphs.

Chris
Should I add large spaces in-between my thoughts like you?

Zimphire
Baninated
Dec 3, 2003, 02:43 PM

Originally posted by Wiskedjak:
Funny, I hear tons of Windows users saying it daily.

I never said there was nothing wrong with XP.

You kept blaming and problems people are having with XP on none XP things. This is the first time you ever admitted that maybe, XP has problems.

I'm giving you answers to some common problems with XP, and you're denying that they could possibly be true. You seem like much more of a fanboy to me than I do to myself.
I am denying it? When did I do that? I said that it's more than likely PART of the problem.

You are making things up now.

Go back and read what I had to say.

I said I am sure bad drivers and faulty hardware was part of the problem. But part of the problem was also XP. Something you seem reluctant to admit. The only thing you said on the matter was:

"I never said there was nothing wrong with XP."

You never said nothing was wrong with XP, but you never said there wasn't. You never said "Yeah well some of the problems are XPs fault"

You blamed everything else BUT XP. And you are still trying to skirt around admitting this.

So do you finally now admit that problems people are having with Windows are just not hardware or driver based ones, but problems with XP itself?

Stratus Fear
Senior User
Dec 3, 2003, 02:52 PM

Funny, I hear tons of Windows users saying it daily.

You kept blaming and problems people are having with XP on none XP things. This is the first time you ever admitted that maybe, XP has problems.

I am denying it? When did I do that? I said that it's more than likely PART of the problem.

You are making things up now.

Go back and read what I had to say.

I said I am sure bad drivers and faulty hardware was part of the problem. But part of the problem was also XP. Something you seem reluctant to admit. The only thing you said on the matter was:

"I never said there was nothing wrong with XP."

You never said nothing was wrong with XP, but you never said there wasn't. You never said "Yeah well some of the problems are XPs fault"

You blamed everything else BUT XP. And you are still trying to skirt around admitting this.

So do you finally now admit that problems people are having with Windows are just not hardware or driver based ones, but problems with XP itself? [/B]
This is ridiculous. You go from saying XP is unstable without any really good supporting statements, to "you are a fanboy," to "well, I guess part of the problem is hardware and part is XP" (implying XP isn't the complete problem, unlike you seemed to think before). So which is it? Now you're also trying to put spin on things and argue against me rather than against the argument. That just makes this not worth my time.

Stratus Fear
Senior User
Dec 3, 2003, 02:53 PM

Originally posted by kmkkid:
This thread is a joke.
Yes, it is

Zimphire
Baninated
Dec 3, 2003, 03:12 PM

Stratus let me give you some advice.

Read --> Comprehend --> Reply

Not

Skim over --> Make up stuff --> Disregard.

This is ridiculous. You go from saying XP is unstable without any really good supporting statements,

I said Windows has a history of being a dodgy OS. I also said XP was a step in the right direction, but it still wasn't there. And supporting my statements? Are you saying that Windows DOES NOT have a rep of being a unstable OS? I surely hope not.

to "you are a fanboy," to "well, I guess part of the problem is hardware and part is XP" (implying XP isn't the complete problem, unlike you seemed to think before).

I never said XP was the complete problem. You're zealous attachment to Windows is making you post dishonest things.
So which is it?

I have already went into detail about this. If you read my posts you wouldn't have to ask such questions.

It's a mixture of things. My comment to you was, you seem to have the inability to admit XP has problems. You totally ignored the last part of my post. Why is that?

Now you're also trying to put spin on things and argue against me rather than against the argument. That just makes this not worth my time.
No, it's not me that is spinning. Again.

Read--> Comprehend--> Reply.

I ask you again.

Do you finally now admit that problems people are having with Windows are just not hardware or driver based ones, but problems with XP itself?

Can you admit that part of the problem people have with XP is MS fault?

wang_himself
Senior User
Dec 3, 2003, 04:53 PM

This thread is now retarded.

+1
/hi

kmkkid
Professional Poster
Dec 3, 2003, 06:13 PM

Should I add large spaces in-between my thoughts like you?
well it is

afterall, way

better than typing

this way,

Don't you agree?

Maybe I'm wrong.

Chris

Forum Links
Forum Rules