Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Happy Birthday Leathernecks (pics)

Happy Birthday Leathernecks (pics)
Speckledstone
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 10, 2004, 09:34 PM

I just wanted to wish a happy birthday to any fellow Marines out there.
I'd also like to send my best wishes to any relatives of Marines who are in harms way - may your loved one(s) enjoy the Marine Corps birthday today and may they enjoy many more.

Semper Fi
Join me in a toast... Grab a shot and click here >

The Commandant of the Marine Corps' 2004 Birthday Message

Two hundred and twenty-nine years ago, the Second Continental Congress established a Corps of Marines to fight for a democratic people's independence. Since then countless Marines have raised their hand and sworn to defend our Nation's freedoms and preserve its liberties. This year's anniversary again finds Marines engaged throughout the globe for the same noble purposes. The bravery, heroism and selflessness of all Marines�wherever they are serving�have added significantly to our rich legacy and measured up to the high standards that have come to epitomize all who wear the eagle, globe and anchor.

The current battlefields of the global war on terror are linked to the storied campaigns of our past by an unbroken tradition of proud and loyal service. At New Providence, Chapultepec, Belleau Wood, Tarawa, Iwo Jima, the Chosin Reservoir, Con Thien, Kuwait and now in places like Fallujah, Marines have consistently demonstrated a dedication to duty, a commitment to warfighting excellence, and a devotion to each other that has instilled a fierce determination to overcome seemingly impossible challenges. Our warrior ethos is and will continue to be the Corps' hallmark.

The fortitude and sacrifices of Marines and their families have been vital in protecting our Nation from those who would do us harm. Whether preparing and sustaining our agile force or engaged in battle, the esprit de corps, tireless energy, calm courage and inspired leadership of Marines continue to make a monumental difference in this world. Your unselfish dedication and significant accomplishments�demonstrated repeatedly over this past year in numerous places such as the Anbar province of Iraq, Afghanistan, the Horn of Africa, Haiti and in the crucial job here at home supporting our deployed forces�are deeply respected and valued by your fellow Americans.

Marines, as we celebrate with friends and families the founding of our beloved Corps, you should take pride in our long history of distinguished service to this great Nation and its citizens. I ask you to remember especially the sacrifices of our fallen and wounded comrades. Finally, rededicate yourselves to taking care of one another and ensuring we remain the finest warfighting organization in the world.

Happy Birthday, Marines. Semper Fidelis, and Keep Attacking!

M. W. Hagee
General, U.S. Marine Corps

Lancer409
Professional Poster
Nov 11, 2004, 05:09 AM

Happy Birthday, Marines. Semper Fidelis, and Keep Attacking!

Wow .. Feisty fella .. =P

The Marine Corp has some appeal to me (never liked the army or navy, and unless they gimme a jet to fly, I dont want *softened* Physical Training. I guess its sorta a masculinity thing. I looked at it as a way for me to become more responsible ... give my life some structure. I looked at joining .. but ... I'm not a big Bush fan ... so I'm sitting on the side line for the time being ...

*Salute* Stay safe =)

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 11, 2004, 12:12 PM

Thank you for this great tribute to our brave Marines. They are an awesome fighting force. Thank you for your service.

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

davesimondotcom
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 11, 2004, 12:17 PM

Day late on this one - it's the 11th now - but I did call my Marine father-in-law to wish him a happy birthday. Talk about brownie points.

Semper Fidelis!

And thanks for your service, all of you!
[ sig removed - image host changed it to a big ad picture ]

Forum Links
Forum Rules