Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > delays in international version

delays in international version
simonjames
Mac Elite
Sep 1, 2000, 08:28 AM

It peeves me greatly that Apple takes forever to release the international version of various pieces of software- input sprockets for example - how different can the US version of this piece of OS9 be to the English international version and yet you can't load the Yank version with non-Yank OS and we wait forever for the version that fits our Macs - WHY?

I wonder if Jobs knows that kangaroos are not native to Austria?
this sig intentionally left blank

Cipher13
Sep 2, 2000, 05:19 AM

Not native to Austria? You mean Australia? Aren't they? Why do you say Austria? Or is it just a typo...
Um... I don't know what I've done, but I get all the updates straight away and they work fine... I don't even check whether I get the English International or American versions...
I agree it is ridiculous though... Should take almost no time at all.

Cipher13

simonjames  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 4, 2000, 04:24 AM

Nope - 'not native to Austria' - you wouldn't believe the number of Americans (I was going to write septics but that would be rude) that go to Austria and ask to see the kangaroos.

Did you download the latest input sprockets? I did and then the bloody thing said that the OS on my G4 wasn't compatible with the US version that the input sprockets and wouldn't load.

I've also noticed that Apple 'looks after' their US based customers a lot better. For example there was a brochure in my G4's box welcoming me to Apple and saying that I'd shortly receive an Apple Software Update CD worth $35AUD. Well, that was over 4 months ago and I've called Apple Australia 4 times between now and then - the line today was 'oh, we're not doing that anymore' and yet they told me 6 weeks ago that I would have it in 4 weeks. I believe US customers get their CDs quite quickly.

cheers

Simon
this sig intentionally left blank

Forum Links
Forum Rules