Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Outlook 2001 and Panther

Outlook 2001 and Panther
frido:mac
Oct 26, 2003, 06:16 AM

Hello!

Because I�m stuck with an Exchange 5.5 server here at work, the first thing I tried after installing Panther is Outlook 2001 in classic. It used to work fine in 10.2.8, but now gives me lots of error messages when starting...

Does anyone else have this problem?

Bye, Frido.

davidski
Forum Regular
Oct 26, 2003, 08:28 AM

In a couple of days of use for me, Panther has been fine with Outlook in Classic - runs the same as before. You may need to reinstall.

I was hoping that Mail would work with our Exchange server, but so far I am getting error messages, so I'm stuck with Outlook for now.

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Oct 26, 2003, 10:32 AM

Runs fine here.

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

SteveTech
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 29, 2003, 10:54 AM

Originally posted by davidski:
In a couple of days of use for me, Panther has been fine with Outlook in Classic - runs the same as before. You may need to reinstall.

I was hoping that Mail would work with our Exchange server, but so far I am getting error messages, so I'm stuck with Outlook for now.
Yep, still works the same under classic (the only reason why OS9 is still on my work computer). I thought the Mail app was supposed to connect to an exchange server? Has anyone come across directions on how to do this?

Thanks

- Steve

iYeat
Oct 29, 2003, 02:26 PM

Originally posted by SteveTech:
Yep, still works the same under classic (the only reason why OS9 is still on my work computer). I thought the Mail app was supposed to connect to an exchange server? Has anyone come across directions on how to do this?

Thanks

- Steve
I hadn't heard this -- only app to support exchange is M$ Entourage with the latest updates, afaik.

C

typoon
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 29, 2003, 03:37 PM

Originally posted by SteveTech:

Thanks

- Steve
Yes it does it's in a setting in the account somewhere. I know it does I've seen the option.
"Evil is Powerless If the Good are Unafraid." -Ronald Reagan

Apple and Intel, the dawning of a NEW era.

-Q-
Oct 29, 2003, 05:25 PM

It's in the right column on this page, entitled 'New in Panther'. I've tried setting it up and it doesn't seem to work on my network. I've tried both Mail and Entourage and it seems Outlook 2001 is still the best client. Here's hoping MS got enough feedback that they'll carbonize that client or seriously beef up support in Entourage.

Forum Links
Forum Rules