Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > The suckiest band in the world broke up

The suckiest band in the world broke up (Page 3)
Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Jun 6, 2004, 01:07 PM

Originally posted by Agasthya:
Yes, he did. In fact, he blamed the entire Pumpkins breakup on James. He said that he wanted to stay together but other 'factions' of the band wanted to rip the band apart.
Yeah, I'm not exactly counting on there ever being a Pumpkins reunion tour.

Anyways... Billy's solo album should be out this year, and if what I am sensing from his weblog is true, the album is going to be a return to a more Pumpkins-like sound. So, I am definately looking forward to it.

Zwan didn't float my boat.
( Last edited by Lateralus; Jun 6, 2004 at 03:16 PM. )
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

wolfen
Mac Elite
Jun 6, 2004, 02:38 PM

Originally posted by PowerMacMan:
Yeah, I'm not exactly counting on there ever being a Pumpkins reuinion tour.

Anyways... Billy's solo album should be out this year, and if what I am sensing from his weblog is true, the album is going to be a return to a more Pumpkins-like sound. So, I am definately looking forward to it.

Zwan didn't float my boat.
I enjoy the Zwan album more than Machina (though not as much as the two freebie albums released alongside Machina).

But considering Billy did most of the guitar tracks for Mellon Collie (if I remember correctly), all he really needs is a drummer. Looking at Adore & The End is the Beginning, he doesn't even need that.

I liked everything Billy was involved with, from start to finish.

All music threads should be deailed toward a discussion of The Smashing Pumpkins. This is part of the Universe's natural order.
Do you want forgiveness or respect?

milkcrate
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 6, 2004, 02:43 PM

This is who is really to blame for Creed...

Halfway into first tour supporting Secaucus, the wrens are told that if they do not sign their �big buck record contract� all promotion for Secaucus will be stopped. The wrens, frowning on strong-arm tactics, do not re-sign and as promised, all promotion (including support for a pending tour of Europe with Brainiac) is pulled. The head of the record company, infuriated, commences layoffs of involved record company personnel and vows that �the next band to walk through that door will be made famous - at any cost�. The next band through the door is Creed. Grass Records becomes Wind Up Records. Creed becomes famous at any cost.
The Wrens

An utterly amazing live band from New Jersey.

saab95
Senior User
Jun 6, 2004, 03:54 PM

Originally posted by waxcrash:
Today, Pearl Jam wanna-bees Creed announced that they have broken up. Creed was one of the worst bands ever and I am happy they won't be spewing their crap anymore. If you own any of their music, you should be ashamed.
Creed was never one of my favorite bands. Like you, I thought they were imitation grunge.

Incredibly, there are worse bands than Creed.

I hope the band Jesus and Mary Chain never gave a "performance." That band was the pits by far.
Hello from the State of Independence

By the way, I defend capitalists, not gangsters ;)

wataru
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 6, 2004, 04:41 PM

Originally posted by Landos Mustache:
I can't stand that girl. She is a total hoe in interviews also. Same look every time they show her also.
You heard it here first, folks.

teaforone
Jun 6, 2004, 04:44 PM

Originally posted by saab95:
Creed was never one of my favorite bands. Like you, I thought they were imitation grunge.

Incredibly, there are worse bands than Creed.

I hope the band Jesus and Mary Chain never gave a "performance." That band was the pits by far.
I hope you are kidding. The Jesus and Mary Chain were a wonderful band.

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 6, 2004, 04:50 PM

i like some of avrils songs, flame me if you like. i'd also do her. just a side note there

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

CMYKid
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 6, 2004, 06:17 PM

...as promised, all promotion (including support for a pending tour of Europe with Brainiac) is pulled...
well, that wouldn't really have been much of a help to them anyway, given the Tims rather abrupt encounter with a utility pole and Brainiacs subsequent demise.

Jansar
Professional Poster
Jun 6, 2004, 06:30 PM

Originally posted by PowerMacMan:
Yeah, I'm not exactly counting on there ever being a Pumpkins reunion tour.
I know.

I can dream, can't I?

He does say a small "remark" to James in his latest post, but it's more of a "too bad we'll never be together again" post.
World of Warcraft (Whisperwind - Alliance) <The Eternal Spiral>
Go Dogcows!

slimshady023
Forum Regular
Jun 6, 2004, 06:38 PM

Originally posted by Cipher13:
Oh my, how hilarious.

The user "SlimShady" naming great performers, for one thing.
heh heh, coming from 'clinically insane in Oceania'. His words, not mine. And so the defense rests.

Originally posted by Cipher13:
Dave Matthews, Linkin Park, Blink 182, and Fiona ****ing Apple being another thing entirely. Goddamn, that's just whacked.
Twisted.
Dave Matthews - have you heard his 'Crash' album? Insane genius.
Fiona ****ing Apple - her lyrics are poetry in motion. Add her singing and piano chords, and it's awesome. She is weird. But her weirdness is what makes her awesome.
Blink 182 - great mindless albums... okay, so i can't defend them on an intellectual level.

Originally posted by teaforone:
And somehow I don't think 2Pac will be coming back anytime soon...
Actually, he comes back every year. Drops a new album, and releases new info about his killers. The man has more audio tapes than Osama. He's releasing a live album later this year, his first live album.

Originally posted by wolfen:
All music threads should be deailed toward a discussion of The Smashing Pumpkins. This is part of the Universe's natural order.
Agreed. All good things start and end with the Smashing Pumpkins. Rock on, Billy!

teaforone
Jun 6, 2004, 11:02 PM

Originally posted by slimshady023:

Actually, he comes back every year. Drops a new album, and releases new info about his killers. The man has more audio tapes than Osama. He's releasing a live album later this year, his first live album.
Oh, I'm well aware of that. I was talking about the man himself making a comeback. But yes, he is very prolific for a dead guy. Too bad he was never that good.

irok4eva
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 14, 2005, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Mark Tungston
My corrected crappy bad list:

Creed
Evanescence
Avril Lavigne
Pearl Jam
Counting Crows

Commentary:

The "Who Let the Dogs Out" guys get more props from me. Atleast they know when to make an exit.

The Adam Duritz guy reminds me of the Predator with those nasty dreads.

Avril Lavigne seems to me of what the offspring of Slash and Axl Rose would look like...

Hey Evanescence, thanks for setting a precedence for Grammy winning rock bands for including white rappers in their hit songs.

This post will be edited to keep a running tab of the suckiest of those who suck.
r u saying bad stuf bout axl rose? coz if u r i will hunt u down and kill u, rip u limb from limb coz axl rose rox all of ur worlds and he was the bst singer ever!! ROK ON AXL!!!

irok4eva
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 14, 2005, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by teaforone
I hope you are kidding. The Jesus and Mary Chain were a wonderful band.
YES, ther r alot better bands than creed... LIKE GUNS N ROSES!!! OMFG!! GUNS N ROSES ROX!!! so does coldplay, garbage, the killers, and heeps of other bands... AXL ROSE IS HOT!!! well was hot, like 15 yrz ago... wish he waz young agen...
PAUL IS HOT!!! bye bye

B Gallagher
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 14, 2005, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by CMYKid
and Matchbox 20 was somebody else completely the same that didn't go anywhere til a label paired themwith a new lead singer. Couldn't believe it when I heard the first Matchbox CD since it's EXACTLY the same as the Tabithas Secret cd with a diff singer.

and I'm not really a fan, still.
I thought they kept Rob Thomas as the lead singer? Just reorganised the rest of the band over a record label dispute? Check it out on wikipedia... :O
MBP 15" C2D 2.2GHz 4.0GB 500GB@5400
iPhone 4 32GB Black

B Gallagher
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 14, 2005, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by kmkkid
Linkin Parks lyrics are amazing. Better than all of these bands with lyrics that need to be deciphered to understand their meaning, if they even have one.
Chris
At least lyrics needing to be deciphered to understand their meaning is better than having all your songs about the same thing so that in the end they all end up having very little meaning. Linkin Park's alright on occasion.. but man does it start to get boring after a while. I can't listen to all of Meteora without giving up.
iPhone 4 32GB Black

B Gallagher
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 14, 2005, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Cipher13
Creed broke up? Nice.
I heard this on the radio 3 years ago.
If it wasn't the case then, then I'm glad it is now.
See my above post regarding all songs sounding the same.. it gets boring really quickly.
iPhone 4 32GB Black

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 14, 2005, 08:56 AM

you know. theres that unwritten rule that says "dont start new threads, go find the already existing thread and contribute there".

in light of this turd that floated to the surface, i think that rule sucks.

vexborg
Senior User
Sep 14, 2005, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by slimshady023
Down with Creed! My arms were wide open for that news...

Other Bands that Should Break Up:
Britney Spears
Actually, Britney should just be broken into little pieces!
The gene pool needs cleaning - I'll be the chlorine.

zizban
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 14, 2005, 10:43 AM

And Metallica is still together. There is no justice in this world
"In darkness there is strength, therefore strength is darkness."

Oisín
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 14, 2005, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by irok4eva
r u saying bad stuf bout axl rose? coz if u r i will hunt u down and kill u, rip u limb from limb coz axl rose rox all of ur worlds and he was the bst singer ever!! ROK ON AXL!!!
If you insist on wasting your very first post on this forum on bringing back this turd of a thread (thank you for that one, Scaught), could you not at the very least have done it in some kind of decipherable human language, rather than that blather of nonsense?
( Last edited by Oisín; Sep 14, 2005 at 02:04 PM. )

demograph68
Professional Poster
Sep 14, 2005, 01:57 PM

YES, ther r alot better bands than creed... LIKE GUNS N ROSES!!! OMFG!! GUNS N ROSES ROX!!! so does coldplay, garbage, the killers, and heeps of other bands... AXL ROSE IS HOT!!! well was hot, like 15 yrz ago... wish he waz young agen...
PAUL IS HOT!!! bye bye
Do I know you?

brokenjago
Mac Elite
Sep 15, 2005, 03:57 AM

Didn't Billy Corgan put some huge 1 page ad in the Chicago Tribune about getting the Pumpkins back together? Not just for a reunion tour, but like... for real.

I read something about it on his blog, or something.

esXXI
Senior User
Sep 15, 2005, 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by scaught
you know. theres that unwritten rule that says "dont start new threads, go find the already existing thread and contribute there".

in light of this turd that floated to the surface, i think that rule sucks.

PAUL IS HOT!!! bye bye
Somehow I just knew you'd have a Hotmail email.

Forum Links
Forum Rules