Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > macromedia fontographer

macromedia fontographer
rickyirvine
Jun 4, 2002, 04:11 AM

seems to be fontographer was last updated in 1996. i was wondering if anyone knows if macromedia plans to update this baby for OS X?

are there any other programs for font design? or is this it? just wondering, as it clost 350 bucks or something.
jesus loves you and jesus loves me too

bluehz
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 4, 2002, 09:13 AM

doubt they will ever update it for OS X. Also - you may have troubles running it in Classic. There is a solution though - go to Macromedia and search for Fontographer OS X...req you reinstall another version from the orig installer. Sorry don't remember the details...

DanW
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 14, 2002, 09:27 PM

There is also <a href="http://www.fontlab.com" target="_blank">FontLab</a>, though it is as expensive and I'm not sure how well they are supporting the Mac right now, as the Mac version is 3.0 and the Windows version is 4.0. And it appears to be OS 9 only right now.

rok
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 15, 2002, 06:57 PM

interesting tidbit picked up this weekend from an adobe rep... fontlab will be the first os x native font creation program that will also be able to design opentype fonts (which adobe has a lot riding on, apparently).

fontographer is about the most perfect app ever, but it still runs in classic. if they'd just carbonize somehow, i'd buy the upgrade.

Forum Links
Forum Rules