Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Call of Duty 4 low frame rate

Call of Duty 4 low frame rate
Remxed
Jul 23, 2008, 11:00 PM

I have Call of Duty 4 installed my 2.4 ghz macbook pro via Bootcamp with Windows XP Professional sp3.

This is the second time I installed CoD4 on my mbp. The first time, the gameplay was very smooth on optimal system settings. Both single and multiplayer worked perfectly. Then I uninstalled it to get away from the game for a while.

Now, I installed it again and for some reason, I can't seem to achieve the frame rates as last time. It's especially noticeable when I'm running and turning really quickly in the game. The gameplay is really slow and kinda jittery. It may be acceptable for single player, but the difference is very significant while playing online.

I've tried playing single player, and different servers online. I've also turned down all the graphics settings. There doesn't seem to be any change in my low frame rates.

Has anyone else encountered this issue with their macbook pro? Should I just try reinstalling the game again? Thanks.

Randman
Posting Junkie
Jul 24, 2008, 01:29 AM

How hot is your Mac running? Do you have enough ram? Have you tried turning out other memory soakers such as browser and Dashboard? If you're getting low FPS, I'll bet it's the system running hot. Do you have it raised and a fan on it? Are you using SMC fan control?

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

Remxed  (op)
Jul 24, 2008, 01:13 PM

As with most games that I play on my mbp, it usually gets around 80-90 degrees celsius. The fans are on when playing games.

I have 2 gigs of ram and I don't have any other system heavy processes running in the background. This is on windows xp so i can't se smc fan control..

solofx7
Mac Elite
Jul 24, 2008, 03:20 PM

i think the issue maybe stuff that is starting up in windows.
go to start run, type msconfig and check the items that are starting up when windows.
turn off anything that you do not really use or know.

Remxed  (op)
Jul 24, 2008, 10:35 PM

i have 2 gigs of ram so i dont think any background process should affect the game that much.

But I've disabled all my unneeded processes and defragged my harddrive as well. Still no improvements.. : \

Forum Links
Forum Rules