Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Anyone with ship date 12/23?

Anyone with ship date 12/23?
r��ts
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 6, 2003, 07:59 PM

Am wondering if anyone else here who recently ordered a BTO and received a ship date of 12/23/03. I ordered a BTO 15" 1.25 w/ 1-DIMM 512MB and upgraded 80 GB 5400 RPM on Oct 31.

Are you just going to wait silently or is there anyway to add more pressure to Apple? I called customer service yesterday and they didn't have any other information as to the cause of the delay nor how accurate the ship date is.

I don't mind waiting a bit, but 12/23 is stretching it. I'm curious what everyone else here is doing.

Jazzphone
Forum Regular
Nov 6, 2003, 08:02 PM

Well if this helps, I order mind on November 2nd, and Apple said Est. Ship date was the 25th of November but they shipped it yesterday which was the 5th. So what Apple Est. Might not be true but people have been saying there is a delay on the 5400rpm drives for the powerbook, so you never know.

EvanV
Forum Regular
Nov 6, 2003, 08:59 PM

I had to change my 5400 RPM drive to 4200 RPM. Now the wait time is 10-15 bus. days.

EvanV
Forum Regular
Nov 6, 2003, 09:02 PM

Originally posted by Jazzphone:
Well if this helps, I order mind on November 2nd, and Apple said Est. Ship date was the 25th of November but they shipped it yesterday which was the 5th. So what Apple Est. Might not be true but people have been saying there is a delay on the 5400rpm drives for the powerbook, so you never know.
What was you configuration?

I had to change 2x256 to 1 512 MB or else ship time would be 2-4 weeks

5400 RPM drive is 6-7 week wait.

512 w/ 4200 RPM Drive is 10-15 bus. days.

ntalbott
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 6, 2003, 09:36 PM

I ordered on Oct. 30th and mine's due to ship on 12/22... I certainly hope it comes sooner than that, but since I already have a laptop, I can wait for a while. Especially if it means I get a spot-free screen :-/

Anyhow, I hope anyone with a late ship date posts as soon as they get their new PB, as I'm watching the forums to get an idea of when mine will ship.

Of course, the fact that two of my friends already have new PB's doesn't help me wait much; I'm actually typing this on a 15", and it's beautiful. But it does remind me that they're worth the wait.

Nathaniel

(",)PB12
Nov 7, 2003, 01:25 AM

See if anyone can beat this ...I ordered on Sept 23rd and the damn thing is not here yet. I 've lost that lovin feelin....can't even remmeber the joy of placing the damn order.....

r��ts  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 7, 2003, 03:37 AM

Originally posted by (",)PB12:
See if anyone can beat this ...I ordered on Sept 23rd and the damn thing is not here yet. I 've lost that lovin feelin....can't even remmeber the joy of placing the damn order.....
OMG! What was your order?

kidtexas
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 7, 2003, 04:10 AM

I ordered around oct 25th, but then a week later changed my order to add a superdrive. Originally the ship date was 11/14. When I changed the order, it was 11/18, though it slipped to 11/24 a day or two later. Now the odd thing is that my credit card was hit up for the bill 2 days ago - i thought apple only charged you when your order is shipping/about to ship?

I have to keep in mind that the last time i ordered a computer from apple, my order status went from open to shipped the day the damn thing arrived on my doorstep. Fat lotta good the trackng number did me.

Saleo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 7, 2003, 04:21 AM

OCt. 11TH here.

The Sept. 25TH Guy has me beat

Zatt
Nov 7, 2003, 06:50 AM

I know how you guys feel. In an attempt to track some of the delays that Apple is suffering with the 15" PB's, I started the thread, "Let's see how long this takes..."

I ordered my 15" PB on 10/24/03 and they gave me a shipping date of 11/05/03. On 11/05/03 they gave me a new shipping date of 12/01/03. When I called, they couldn't give me a reason for the time delay, only saying that it's "coming from overseas".

(",)PB12
Nov 7, 2003, 02:01 PM

Originally posted by r��ts:
OMG! What was your order?
Its a 1Ghz Powerbook 15 with Combo Drive. No upgrades whatsoever

Help me someone......... I've been very patient but patience do run out and especially if i have to keep putting off work because of this ridiculously long delay.

Forum Links
Forum Rules