Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Alternative Operating Systems > Age of Mythology in Vista/Boot Camp on MacBook

Age of Mythology in Vista/Boot Camp on MacBook
ooninay
Feb 23, 2007, 05:36 PM

Just wondering if anyone else has installed Vista on Boot Camp and tried playing Age of Mythology (Titans expansion) in it. On my black MacBook (Core Duo, 2 GB RAM), the game plays fine for a few minutes, then every 30 seconds or so it freezes, the screen blanks, then reappears and continues as normal. THis happens about a dozen times or so until it finally crashes to the desktop with an error about Age of Mythology having to close. Back in the desktop, meanwhile, there are a bunch of messages waiting for me about how the video driver crashed but Windows oh-so-cleverly recovered (that must have been what all the freezes/blackouts were earlier).

I wonder if people with black MacBooks are having the same trouble, and also people with other Intel-based Macs like the iMac, etc. I suppose a new video driver would help if there was one... anyway any comments or possible solutions would be appreciated.

ghporter
Administrator
Feb 23, 2007, 06:25 PM

Have you checked tMicrosoft's web site about this? Here it is.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

ooninay  (op)
Feb 23, 2007, 07:39 PM

Thanks... I hadn't checked there, but it doesn't seem to address this issue.

Forum Links
Forum Rules