Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Freehand 10 - Drops PPD

Freehand 10 - Drops PPD
Richard Clark
Senior User
Mar 10, 2004, 01:35 PM

G4/867 DP
Mac OS 10.2.8
512 MB RAM

We have a workstation running Freehand 10 that won't hold on to the PPD. When in the Print Screen and select Freehand 10 options - That screen that shows what PPD is used is unchecked and does not have one specified. We have two other users of FH 10. When I checked with them they both confirmed that they have the same problem.

I can go to the path to find the OS X ppd's but they won't show. I can find the PPD's on the OS 9 side (System Folder/Extension/Printer Descriptions). It can be selected and the job will print. BUT if you close out of the document or create a new one you're right back to square one - find the PPD.

The printer has been reset up in Print Center many times. I have deleted the Freehand 10 plist preference. Also deleted all parts to Freehand 10 and clean installed twice without success. I also have a Freehand 10 update but have noticed that Macromedia's download page doesn't have it anymore. I have tried to test it with and without the update and have not had any success.

This user also has Freehand MX on her machine and it does not have the same problem as Freehand 10 does.

To make a long story why she's using FH 10 instead of MX because MX does not allow to export the file to a FH 7 format. Our files are sent to vendors overseas and they can only read FH 7 documents. FH 10 allows to exporting to FH 7.

What needs to be done to get FH 10 to print without having to find the PPD path each time a user wants to print?

Any help, tips or tricks would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help!
"Tough Little Ship" - Riker
"LITTLE?" - Worf after having the Defiant salvaged by the Enterprise (First Contact)

Forum Links
Forum Rules