Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > [ANN] ThemePark 2.1 Released

[ANN] ThemePark 2.1 Released
smeger
Mac Elite
May 5, 2005, 05:52 AM

Whatap, theme fiends!

Geekspiff is proud to announce the release of ThemePark 2.1.

Executive summary - adds Tiger compatibility, ability for themes to specify Dock customization, and for themes to change the color of the sidebar in Tiger's Mail.app.

Here are some interesting places to look (Don't bother if you're not on Tiger):
  • Dashboard
  • Spotlight Results
  • Menu Extras -> Spotlight
  • Finder -> Smart Folders
  • Finder -> Spotlight Get Info Window
  • Global Elements -> Text Colors -> Dock Stuff
  • Global Elements -> Text Colors -> Mail Mailbox Background
  • All core application skins

The Finder widgets in Tiger deserve a bit of extra explanation. Until Tiger, themers modified the Finder's toolbar back/forward and View buttons by specifying what the entire button looked like for each possible state. Tiger changes this - now, the standard metal button is used to draw these in the Finder and you just theme the glyph symbol that goes inside. That's the largest change in updating your theme for use with Tiger.

There are a couple of things that are suboptimal in this release. Tiger does a bit of funkiness regarding skinning Address Book. As a result, ThemePark's app skin for Address Book includes some items that are marked "Temporarily Unavailable". They'll become available again in a future release. Skinning DVD Player has never worked properly and still doesn't. As a result, you cannot add a new DVD Player skin with this release. Finally, Quicktime Player 7 is basically a whole new application, so I've got the skin for it disabled in this release as well. It'll also be back in a future version.

Enjoy the release, and I look forward to seeing the wickedness you create with it!

Check it out!
( Last edited by smeger; May 5, 2005 at 06:00 AM. )
Geekspiff - generating spiffdiddlee software since before you began paying attention.

smeger  (op)
Mac Elite
May 5, 2005, 05:57 AM

And just for that whole "picture worth a thousand and seven words" thing, here's a bit of test-skinnage:

Geekspiff - generating spiffdiddlee software since before you began paying attention.

Zimphire
Baninated
May 5, 2005, 07:44 AM

Nice, thanks. I can finally de-stripe Tiger properly.

Kate
Senior User
May 5, 2005, 07:52 AM

...and now for some good old merging and polishing of my custom theme.....

Jason, you're making Tiger looking better than ever, and you're making my day by avoiding being exposed to ugly Aqua and Metal any longer.

I'd purchase SS and TP any day again. Thanks for your efforts! Keep it up!

dws
Forum Regular
May 5, 2005, 09:20 AM

Thank you for so quickly updating this all-important application. You really are incredible!

organ
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 5, 2005, 07:08 PM

Thanks for the quick and excellent update but I have to ask you one thing. You mention the following:

"The Finder widgets in Tiger deserve a bit of extra explanation. Until Tiger, themers modified the Finder's toolbar back/forward and View buttons by specifying what the entire button looked like for each possible state. Tiger changes this - now, the standard metal button is used to draw these in the Finder..."

Are you sure it's the standard metal button? I tried it and it didn't work. Looks more like it should be the Arrow Buttons, the Bevel Buttons (which it isn't since I tried that as well), the Push Buttons, the Large Metal Segment buttons or the Popup Buttons. Sorry for all the alternatives but my theme, Good Grey, have kind of simple elements which all look a lot like each other.

I'm keeping you updated as I investigate the matter...

organ
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 5, 2005, 07:11 PM

Look nu further, fellow themers! I just found it. It's the Large Metal Segment Buttons found in Global Elements � Segment Buttons � Large Metal Segment Buttons

Excellent!

DavidHossack
Forum Regular
May 5, 2005, 07:57 PM

How do we change the unified toolbar. I use SS to modify my aqua to just how I like it but now all my unified toolbar apps have changed to normal style toolbars. I can't find the unified graphics.

any ideas?
David.

Forum Links
Forum Rules