Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > No record of BCC recipients in Mail.app

No record of BCC recipients in Mail.app
philm
Mac Elite
Apr 29, 2006, 09:30 PM

Today I needed to check an old e-mail to confirm the list of people to whom I had sent a report. At the time, all the recipients went in the BCC box because I did not want them to know who received the report (that, of course, being the purpose of BCC).

Today, when I reviewed the e-mail I was surprised that Mail.app does not record this list in the Sent folder. All that is present is the main 'To' recipient (myself in this case), but none of the BCC information is recorded.

I was somewhat surprised by this. Is this common with all e-mail clients?

JKT
Professional Poster
Apr 30, 2006, 06:10 AM

I just did a test send to myself and the BCC field of recipients is visible in the sent message for me. I have All Headers shown by default (Preferences>Viewing>Show header detail: ) so maybe that is the difference. You can toggle All Headers for a message by pressing Command-Shift-H when you are viewing it.
( Last edited by JKT; Apr 30, 2006 at 03:13 PM. )

philm  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 30, 2006, 01:40 PM

Ah ha, that works. So, in 'Sent' messages, CC addresses show up by default, but BCC addresses require Long Headers to be displayed. This seems a bit inconsistent to me, but thanks for pointing that out. Cheers.

Forum Links
Forum Rules