Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Giants - How does the single player go

Giants - How does the single player go
Leonard
Professional Poster
Mar 19, 2002, 02:22 PM

I've been playing Giants off and on for the last month and have reached the 5th level where you build the Mec base. I was just wondering how the single player levels go - Do you play as a Mec through all the levels, or after so many Mec levels then you go through Sea Reaper levels? How many levels are there? How far through this game am I?

Any hints on the base building... getting food seems like a kind of nuisance. I have better things to do, like defend my base, then get food all the time. Would have been nice if they had the Vimps closer to the base. It's fun though.
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro

qyn
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 20, 2002, 06:25 PM

The Mecc base building mission is their last one. Then you do an equal number of missions as a Reaper, then a bunch as Kabuto.

The reaper base-building is more fun, IMHO, because you collect souls instead of food, and the souls come from your slain enemies. So once you got your smarties, you don't have to leave the base anymore.

Leonard  (op)
Professional Poster
Mar 21, 2002, 02:02 PM

Thanks for the info, qyn. That answered my questions. Although I love the Mecs, I was just wondering if I would get to play as the sea reapers and of course Kabuto.
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro

Forum Links
Forum Rules